18. Grambling State Tigers 7-1 789 21
19. Western Illinois Leathernecks 6-3 624 24
20. Hofstra Pride 6-2 518 15
21. Alabama A&M Bulldogs 7-1 404 NR
22. Youngstown State Penguins 5-4 292 20
23. Villanova Wildcats 5-3 253 NR
24. Eastern Washington Eagles 5-3 245 NR
25. Nicholls State Colonels 5-3 224 18
Others receiving votes: Eastern Illinois 208, Holy Cross 179, Cal Poly 147, Central Arkansas 127, Fordham 109, The Citadel 88, Norfolk State 87, Montana State 76, Dayton 59, San Diego 50, Harvard 47, Jacksonville State 36, South Dakota State 25, Hampton 19, Northern Arizona 15, Iona 11, Albany 9, Prairie View 5, Liberty 2, Winston-Salem State 2, Colgate 1.

ButlerGSU
October 29th, 2007, 01:37 PM
How App State stays ranked ahead of GSU and Wofford I'll never understand...

danefan
October 29th, 2007, 01:37 PM
What the heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is the world does Iona get more votes than Albany!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I know it doesn't really matter, but it matters to me!

bluehenbillk
October 29th, 2007, 01:38 PM

Must've been from giving UNH such a battle. :)

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
October 29th, 2007, 01:39 PM
This poll looks better to me than the AGS...yes it is because Montana is ranked higher I have no problem admitting that one lol

McNeese75
October 29th, 2007, 01:41 PM
This poll looks better to me than the AGS...yes it is because Montana is ranked higher I have no problem admitting that one lol

xlolx It figures :D

appstate38
October 29th, 2007, 01:42 PM

Because you guys weren't even ranked when you won that game. Plus it wasn't like it was a blow out which lent to the fact that we didn't drop that far. Now Wofford is a different animal all together, got no answer for that one. Maybe a "little" respect for the defending champs. IMO

danefan
October 29th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Must've been from giving UNH such a battle. :)

IONA lost to a 4-4 unranked DIII team (W. Conn.). You have got to be kidding me people. The fact that they have any votes at all tells me that people are voting strictly on records alone and not evaluating schedules.xsmhx xnonono2x xnonono2x

andy7171
October 29th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Wow. 7 CAA teams.

bandl
October 29th, 2007, 01:47 PM
IONA lost to a 4-4 unranked DIII team (W. Conn.). You have got to be kidding me people. The fact that they have any votes at all tells me that people are voting strictly on records alone and not evaluating schedules.xsmhx xnonono2x xnonono2x

At that point in the poll (i.e., the bottom 3-5 slots), you're probably right...people probably don't care about schedules and look strictly at Win/Loss. And if a team on the edge lost, they are probably just looking for a different team on the edge that won to replace them. xpeacex

ball21
October 29th, 2007, 01:50 PM

How about a SOS ?

Who has a better SOS App State or GSU ? Who have you played besides us that is/was ranked? Huh, Look at your schedule.. You have not even beat a ranked top 25 team !!!

Go APP

Saint3333
October 29th, 2007, 01:51 PM

I've seen years when ASU has beaten GSU and GSU was still ranked ahead of ASU due to the rankings prior to the game.

I believe ASU still has the biggest win on the season against the #12 BCS team.

DetroitFlyer
October 29th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Iona is a future PFL member so of course they get more votes than Albany....:D

I have to agree, however, that Iona is not better than Albany....

Notice how USD did not fall off the face the of earth like they did in the AGS poll? You think AGS is a little biased agianst the PFL?

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Please explain how Yale at 7-0, and after winning by three touchdowns over Columbia, drops two spots in the poll. Wofford barely squeaks by 1-7 Western Carolina yet goes UP one spot, Elon beat Chattanooga by only 10 points, and jumps over the Bulldogs, and Delaware State needs a last-second field goal to squeak by SC St. And yet they still persist over Yale. How is this possible?

I think if Yale faced either of these three teams it wouldn't be close.

It's a travesty that Yale isn't a Top 10 school since voters clearly aren't paying any attention to the Ivies.

gsugt1
October 29th, 2007, 01:54 PM
How about a SOS ?

Who has a better SOS App State or GSU ? Who have you played besides us that is/was ranked? Huh, Look at your schedule.. You have not even beat a ranked top 25 team !!!

Go APP

We beat App and Citadel who were ranked at the times of the games.

813Jag
October 29th, 2007, 02:00 PM

Replace Iona with Prairie View and Albany with Southern and I feel the same. xconfusedx

ButlerGSU
October 29th, 2007, 02:00 PM
You have not even beat a ranked top 25 team !!!

Go APP

Hey genius, weren't you ranked when we beat you?

terrierbob
October 29th, 2007, 02:01 PM
I agree Wofford shouldn't have moved up. The voters must only have time to look at the score.

DetroitFlyer
October 29th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Yale.... LFN, you sound like I do "promoting" San Diego.... xlolx

Who has Yale played? If anything, Yale has been ranked far too high all year. I am willing to believe that they are a top 25 team, but not top 10, not top 15, maybe 20 to 25 at the most.

GannonFan
October 29th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Please explain how Yale at 7-0, and after winning by three touchdowns over Columbia, drops two spots in the poll. Wofford barely squeaks by 1-7 Western Carolina yet goes UP one spot, Elon beat Chattanooga by only 10 points, and jumps over the Bulldogs, and Delaware State needs a last-second field goal to squeak by SC St. And yet they still persist over Yale. How is this possible?

It's a travesty that Yale isn't a Top 10 school since voters clearly aren't paying any attention to the Ivies.

Got that #1 pick for Yale yet??? xlolx xlolx xlolx

Yale only beat a terrible Georgetown team by 14 points, struggled to beat Penn, and has feasted on an OOC schedule that only included Patriot League teams, in a year when the Patriot League is at an all-time low. It's a travesty that Yale hasn't measured itself against anyone of worth OOC-wise this year. xthumbsupx

bandl
I agree Wofford shouldn't have moved up. The voters must only have time to look at the score.

JMU lost, so they moved down quite a bit. Hince, Wofford moved up.

terrierbob
Of course, WC is the best 1-7 team in the FCS.

MSU_77
October 29th, 2007, 02:05 PM

They would pay attention if the Ivies participated in the playoffs.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 29th, 2007, 02:07 PM

Spot on DaneFan! And they probably saw the final score against UNH without reading about the game! Anybody who was at that game (like me) or who read the details knows that the score was no indicator of the game. It was much, much more lop sided!

IIRC Iona had seven yards of offense while UNH rang up 42 points. Iona's first TD was on a very short field after UNH made a bad judgment error attempting to field a punt on the run in traffic. Their other points scored were during a time when UNH completely stopped passing the ball (giving Iona significant opportunity), was playing so many new guys that I missed multiple plays looking up names in the program and when I was making multiple comments about the odd uniform numbers playing a certain position on the field.

Iona deserves no votes in any FCS poll other than a foolish trash talking poll. I couldn't believe me ears when I heard the Gaels were talking junk before kickoff. xeekx

Does that make you feel a little better DF? You owe me one when I'm wallowing in my misery during hoop season! ;) xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

The Moody1
October 29th, 2007, 02:17 PM

You guys will jump us for sure if we lose to Chattanooga. You should be pleased to be ranked at all.:D

ElonPride
October 29th, 2007, 02:19 PM
How about a SOS ?

Go APP

What are you talking about???? GSU beat APP!!!!!!

danefan
October 29th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Spot on DaneFan! And they probably saw the final score against UNH without reading about the game! Anybody who was at that game (like me) or who read the details knows that the score was no indicator of the game. It was much, much more lop sided!

IIRC Iona had seven yards of offense while UNH rang up 42 points. Iona's first TD was on a very short field after UNH made a bad judgment error attempting to field a punt on the run in traffic. Their other points scored were during a time when UNH completely stopped passing the ball (giving Iona significant opportunity), was playing so many new guys that I missed multiple plays looking up names in the program and when I was making multiple comments about the odd uniform numbers playing a certain position on the field.

Iona deserves no votes in any FCS poll other than a foolish trash talking poll. I couldn't believe me ears when I heard the Gaels were talking junk before kickoff. xeekx

Does that make you feel a little better DF? You owe me one when I'm wallowing in my misery during hoop season! ;) xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Yes I feel better now...xthumbsupx xcoffeex

I like to see our name in "lights". It helps with recruiting and even though our loss at Colgate and Hofstra took us out of playoff contention, it would be nice to be ranked come season's end.

ElonPride
October 29th, 2007, 02:21 PM

Hey man, Elon keeps moving up because of SOS. We've beaten 2 ranked teams......(then) #6 Wofford and GSU.

And yes Yale in undefeated, but seriously......who have they played?

ElonPride
October 29th, 2007, 02:22 PM

So you think all three should be ranked higher than Elon. 2 out of those 3 have fallen to Elon.xsmiley_wix

griz_fan_in_SanDiego
October 29th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Hey genius, weren't you ranked when we beat you?

Ouch! LOL

McNeese_beat
October 29th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Yale.... LFN, you sound like I do "promoting" San Diego.... xlolx

Who has Yale played? If anything, Yale has been ranked far too high all year. I am willing to believe that they are a top 25 team, but not top 10, not top 15, maybe 20 to 25 at the most.

I suspect that the Ivy League is stronger than most of the nation gives it credit for. A "second-tier" athlete (i.e., one not being recruited by the upper echelon of the BCS) who has the grades and boards to be considered by an Ivy WILL consider the Ivy team. And that's anywhere in the country. It makes the Ivys true national programs.

Having said that, we'll never really know how they stack up with anyone outside their own conference and the Patriot League...

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 29th, 2007, 02:55 PM

No offense, but you need to get out of your Patriot-Ivy world more often! Add to what Gannon said, the Hampton whooping of Princeton who IIRC was viewed as a top tier Ivy team. Personally, after watching Dartmouth play UNH in person then reading Dartmouth beat Penn and Yale struggled with Penn, the Ivy League didn't earn much respect from me. And I'm an Eastern guy well aware of Ivy League history.

I know this thread is about the Sports Network Poll, but the logic works against any poll. The Ivy League needs to play more OOC games outside Patriot teams if they want to earn respect. Nobody is asking the hallowed Ivy schools to play any of the dreaded publics, but there are plenty of privates in the CAA and Southern that would provide better challenges without making them jeopardize their image.

It's really a shame that the Ivies have gone from teams that once competed on the highest level nationally to this 10 game season, no playoffs, Patriot/"Mid Major" only OOC mindset of today. That's the travesty LFN!!!

wapiti
October 29th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Montana State is still receiving votes. Wow. :D
Fine by me, but I'm thinking they are now overrated.xbawlingx

ball21
October 29th, 2007, 03:01 PM
We beat App and Citadel who were ranked at the times of the games.

So you are saying you should be ranked above us? Please!

We beat Michigan # 5 in BCS, Northern Arizona, (I think they where #15) when we played them in Boone, we lost Wofford (which was ranked too) and to GSU and beat Furman which was ranked in the Top 25 last week . (Not sure about ranking).

Who have you beat. Citadel and APP.. Ok that's all, right!

Next?

ElonPride
October 29th, 2007, 03:04 PM

We beat Michigan # 5 in BCS, Northern Arizona, (I think they where #15) when we played them in Boone, we lost Wofford (which was ranked too) and to GSU and beat Furman which was ranked in the Top 25 last week . (Not sure about ranking).

Next?

Furman wasn't ranked last week!!!! Do you have any clue what you're talking about?

ButlerGSU
October 29th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Furman wasn't ranked last week!!!! Do you have any clue what you're talking about?

I think he's shown he has no clue what he's talking about.

ElonPride
October 29th, 2007, 03:17 PM
I think he's shown he has no clue what he's talking about.

No doubt xsmiley_wix xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2007, 03:25 PM
People are making this fact that Penn lost to Dartmouth and Yale "struggled" against Penn as the smoking gun that Yale isn't any good. Penn lost to Lafayette and Dartmouth since they were missing their all-Ivy runningback in Joe Sandberg, while (surprise, surprise) when he was back they beat Georgetown 42-19 and Columbia 59-28. Sandberg was healthy in the Yale game, and has been ever since until he went down in the second quarter last weekend versus Brown and Penn lost 31-17.

I'm just baffled that beating a league opponent by "only" three touchdowns somehow isn't considered impressive enough, when Elon, Wofford AND Delaware State barely survived games versus league opponents (one of which is 1-7!) and somehow are ranked ahead of them. For that matter, App State needed a last-second interception to seal the win against 2-5 Furman. Yet Yale's 3 touchdown win is ignored, as is their victory over a pretty good 6-2 Holy Cross team.

I wish Yale did participate in the playoffs, since they would give ANY SoCon team a run for their money. Too bad voters are so close-minded so they won't see it. xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

gophoenix
October 29th, 2007, 03:27 PM
How about a SOS ?

Go APP

Western has the best SOS in the SoCon right now, you don't see them ranked.

uofmman1122
October 29th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Furman wasn't ranked last week!!!! Do you have any clue what you're talking about?Obviously he doesn't, since he used a Big Sky team as an example of a good team.... xlolx

....Oh wait

HensRock
October 29th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I'm just baffled that beating a league opponent by "only" three touchdowns somehow isn't considered impressive enough, when Elon, Wofford AND Delaware State barely survived games versus league opponents (one of which is 1-7!) and somehow are ranked ahead of them. For that matter, App State needed a last-second interception to seal the win against 2-5 Furman. Yet Yale's 3 touchdown win is ignored, as is their victory over a pretty good 6-2 Holy Cross team.

Excuse me, this is COLUMBIA we are talking about, right?

Just wanted to make sure. xrotatehx

BEAR
October 29th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Yeah! UCA received 127 votes! We're getting closer! Yeah! xthumbsupx xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Excuse me, this is COLUMBIA we are talking about, right?

Just wanted to make sure. xrotatehx

Yes. Just to spell it out:

Yale beat 1-6 Columbia by 21 points

Wofford beat 1-7 Western Carolina by 3 points
Delaware State beat 4-4 South Carolina State by 1 point
Elon beat 2-6 Chattanooga by 10 points

Who's ahead of who? xrolleyesx

ElonPride
October 29th, 2007, 03:39 PM

Also remember, 2 of WCU's losses came to upper tier FBS teams and have played nearly every SoCon team TOUGH (GSU blew them out). As a Wofford fan said earlier, they are the best 1-7 team in the FCS. WCU lost to 2 top 15 teams by a combined 4 points.

Something else to keep in mind, UTC is no slouch. They did manage to beat a good GSU team this season.

GannonFan
October 29th, 2007, 03:39 PM
People are making this fact that Penn lost to Dartmouth and Yale "struggled" against Penn as the smoking gun that Yale isn't any good. Penn lost to Lafayette and Dartmouth since they were missing their all-Ivy runningback in Joe Sandberg, while (surprise, surprise) when he was back they beat Georgetown 42-19 and Columbia 59-28. Sandberg was healthy in the Yale game, and has been ever since until he went down in the second quarter last weekend versus Brown and Penn lost 31-17.

I wish Yale did participate in the playoffs, since they would give ANY SoCon team a run for their money. Too bad voters are so close-minded so they won't see it. xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

Are you being serious or is this just a joke? You're bringing up the fact that Penn beat both Georgetown (1-8) and Columbia (1-6) as proof that Penn, with Sanberg, is a good team, and therefore Yale's struggle against them should be seen in a good light? Georgetown and Columbia are terrible, and that's the same Columbia team (1-6 still) that you think a 21 point win against should be reason to vault Yale up the rankings.

I wish that Yale would play someone outside of the Ivy/Patriot League so that we could all see where they really stand. Oh well. xcoffeex

Gil Dobie
October 29th, 2007, 03:46 PM

I voted them higher than that in the AGS poll, just not enough that think they are as good as I do. xeyebrowx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Georgetown and Columbia are terrible, and that's the same Columbia team (1-6 still) that you think a 21 point win against should be reason to vault Yale up the rankings.

I'm not saying "vault Yale up the rankings". I am saying "at least not LOSE ground against these teams." Wofford wins by 3 over a 1-7 team and goes up one, and Yale wins by 21 against a 1-6 team and they drop. That makes no sense.

And people are pooh-poohing Yale's 21 point win over a 6-2 team that laid 30 points on UMass as if it means nothing. If nothing else, it's more impressive than any win on Delaware State's schedule.

It's just to show that so many people really are not willing to learn about how good Yale really is.

I wish that Yale would play someone outside of the Ivy/Patriot League so that we could all see where they really stand. Oh well. xcoffeex

At least there's something we can agree on.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 29th, 2007, 04:09 PM

Very easy solution Yale -- instead of Patriot teams OOC how about playing Hofstra, Northeastern, Villanova, Richmond, William & Mary, Furman, Elon or Wofford?????????? Or add an 11th game to play one of them? Or heaven forbid they make the short trip up I-91 to UMass! xeekx xeekx xeekx

lizrdgizrd
October 29th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Notice how USD did not fall off the face the of earth like they did in the AGS poll? You think AGS is a little biased agianst the PFL?
xrolleyesx

lizrdgizrd
October 29th, 2007, 04:28 PM
How about a SOS ?

Go APP

Next?

Please stop defending our ranking. Really. xnonono2x

DSUHornet
October 29th, 2007, 04:40 PM
pretty decent top 5

TheValleyRaider
October 29th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Sports Network's FCS College Football Poll
Team (First-place votes) Record Points Previous Rank
1. Northern Iowa Panthers (59) 8-0 2,558 1
2. North Dakota State Bison (37) 8-0 2,456 2
3. Massachusetts Minutemen (6) 7-1 2,330 4
4. Montana Grizzlies (7) 8-0 2,300 3
5. McNeese State Cowboys (3) 8-0 2,272 5
6. Southern Illinois Salukis 7-1 2,069 7
7. Delaware Blue Hens 7-1 1,866 9
8. New Hampshire Wildcats 6-2 1,828 8
9. Appalachian State Mountaineers 6-2 1,689 10
10. Wofford Terriers 7-2 1,612 11
11. Richmond Spiders 6-2 1,454 14
12. James Madison Dukes 6-2 1,432 6
13. Delaware State Hornets 7-1 1,284 12
14. Elon Phoenix 6-2 1,215 16
15. Yale Bulldogs 7-0 1,179 13
16. Eastern Kentucky Colonels 7-2 1,068 17
17. Georgia Southern Eagles 6-2 850 22
18. Grambling State Tigers 7-1 789 21
19. Western Illinois Leathernecks 6-3 624 24
20. Hofstra Pride 6-2 518 15
21. Alabama A&M Bulldogs 7-1 404 NR
22. Youngstown State Penguins 5-4 292 20
23. Villanova Wildcats 5-3 253 NR
24. Eastern Washington Eagles 5-3 245 NR
25. Nicholls State Colonels 5-3 224 18
Others receiving votes: Eastern Illinois 208, Holy Cross 179, Cal Poly 147, Central Arkansas 127, Fordham 109, The Citadel 88, Norfolk State 87, Montana State 76, Dayton 59, San Diego 50, Harvard 47, Jacksonville State 36, South Dakota State 25, Hampton 19, Northern Arizona 15, Iona 11, Albany 9, Prairie View 5, Liberty 2, Winston-Salem State 2, Colgate 1.

One small step in the long road back to glory... :)

gophoenix
October 29th, 2007, 05:38 PM

Yes, let's spell it out:

Sagarin overall rank (i-aa rank):
138 (29) = Chattanooga
153 (41) = SC State
173 (54) = Western Carolina
228 (108)= Columbia

Can we say, "big difference" together.

Easy solution, get the Ivies to schedule games with some of the other better academic schools outside the Patriot League. Why not play a NEC school, any number of CAA schools, Furman, Elon, Samford, Wofford, VMI, The Citadel, App. There are plenty of good academic schools to choose from.

appstate38
October 29th, 2007, 08:03 PM
I still love how folks on here are getting all worked up over who has a higher rank that somebody else. Truth is, that at this point of the season, if your squad handles their business then they will get into the round of 16 and if not then they don't deserve to be there.

GSU fans shouldn't be worried about where the Apps are ranked because isn't as important as who your next opponent is. Keep your eye on the ball.xthumbsupx

gr8ness97
October 29th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Sweet! WSSU got 2 votes...on the road to respectability

ngineer
October 29th, 2007, 08:19 PM

That Michigan win has an intoxicating effect...;)

flyenhigh
October 29th, 2007, 08:26 PM

Makes no sense, ever.

jonmac
October 29th, 2007, 08:34 PM
OK, I know you guys all have more sense than this. Rankings are based on SOS, record and OPINION. You all know this. Why do we even argue. All 4 of the top SoCon teams have quality wins and some losses. Some to good/ranked teams some not. And just because you beat a team does not necessarily mean you move ahead of them. Example,(MSU fans don't answer this, we know) Montana St. beats Monatana, do they automatically move into the top 5 and over Montana?(for argument's sake lets say this Montana's only loss) The answer is no. Come on guys, I expect better from you. And I mean that, much respect for everyone in this forum. There's no sense getting in a pi$$ing contest over the dadgum rankings. Win your games, make the playoffs and prove it on the field. Or lose and we won't have to worry about it.

GOAPPS!!!!

Seawolf97
October 29th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Yes, let's spell it out:

Sagarin overall rank (i-aa rank):
138 (29) = Chattanooga
153 (41) = SC State
173 (54) = Western Carolina
228 (108)= Columbia

Can we say, "big difference" together.

Easy solution, get the Ivies to schedule games with some of the other better academic schools outside the Patriot League. Why not play a NEC school, any number of CAA schools, Furman, Elon, Samford, Wofford, VMI, The Citadel, App. There are plenty of good academic schools to choose from.

We would have taken Yales schedule this year and given them ours

Youngstown St, Richmond, Hofstra, Albany, Maine and Elon on 11/17. All with 40 scholarships. We do go to Brown in 2008. xsmiley_wix

Houndawg
October 29th, 2007, 09:10 PM
I still love how folks on here are getting all worked up over who has a higher rank that somebody else. Truth is, that at this point of the season, if your squad handles their business then they will get into the round of 16 and if not then they don't deserve to be there.

GSU fans shouldn't be worried about where the Apps are ranked because isn't as important as who your next opponent is. Keep your eye on the ball.xthumbsupx

Word. Rankings mean squat right now. I like the way SIU is cruising along under the radar, not drawing much attention.

ButlerGSU
October 29th, 2007, 09:48 PM

Questioning a poll does not mean fans don't feel that way. Our ticket office has already sold all the tickets we got from Wofford. Should be a good size GSU crowd on Saturday - I know I'm heading up.

YaleFootballFan
October 29th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Very easy solution Yale -- instead of Patriot teams OOC how about playing Hofstra, Northeastern, Villanova, Richmond, William & Mary, Furman, Elon or Wofford?????????? Or add an 11th game to play one of them? Or heaven forbid they make the short trip up I-91 to UMass! xeekx xeekx xeekx

I would love to see Yale play those teams, but it's not going to happen. With the exception of Army, Yale's OOC schedule for the next 6 years are all against PL teams. Yale is slated to play FBS Army 3 times (2010 and 2012 in West Point, and 2013 in New Haven).

BTW, I'm not complaining that we're playing PL teams because we have good long rivaries with some of the PL teams (like Holy Cross, Colgate and Lehigh). My complaint is that all Yale plays are PL teams. Playing Army is a step in the right direction, but there's nothing wrong with playing the likes of Northeastern, URI or Towson once in a while.

Model Citizen
October 29th, 2007, 11:54 PM
South Dakota State finished #21 in last year's Sports Network Poll after losing to D-III Wisconsin-LaCrosse. Was UWL ranked in D-III at the time?

I guess it's all about the size of the blinders voters wear.

Gil Dobie
October 30th, 2007, 06:59 AM
South Dakota State finished #21 in last year's Sports Network Poll after losing to D-III Wisconsin-LaCrosse. Was UWL ranked in D-III at the time?

I guess it's all about the size of the blinders voters wear.

Some of those Wisconsin-City DIII schools could beat many of the FCS schools on Any Given Saturday. Might not compete for the full season, but they have some good players. Owen Schmidt, starting FB for West Virginia transferred from one these schools.

Thunderstruck84
October 31st, 2007, 05:00 PM
I'm curious as to how there were 120 ballots in last week's rankings and only 112 in this week's, is this just the fact that some of the sportswriters didn't get they're ballots in on time?

I'm curious because NDSU had 47 1st place votes last week and 37 this week, Montana also lost 5 while UNI picked up only 3. I demand a recount!xviolinx

Purple Pride
October 31st, 2007, 08:44 PM
Sorry, but anybody that ranks Nicholls ahead of UCA if full of ****.xrulesx

sharkeycox
November 1st, 2007, 10:58 AM

Coming from the most insecure Griz fan!!!!!! LOL!!!!xsmiley_wix