PDA

View Full Version : Playoff TV coverage

appstate38
October 29th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Haven't seen anything on this yet but I am hoping that the ESPN family of networks will find a way to cover all the playoff games this year. It seems that the FCS has been growing in viewers over the last few years. Would be nice to get all those games on TV this year.

grizbeer
October 29th, 2007, 11:28 AM
I don't see ESPN expanding their coverage - they will have some high school game or poker game to show. How about all 1st and 2nd round games on the Fox College Sports networks? the FCS playoffs on FCS - seems a natural.

BTW I watched YSU @ UNI of FCS - I thought they did a great job.

danefan
October 29th, 2007, 11:47 AM
I don't see ESPN expanding their coverage - they will have some high school game or poker game to show. How about all 1st and 2nd round games on the Fox College Sports networks? the FCS playoffs on FCS - seems a natural.

BTW I watched YSU @ UNI of FCS - I thought they did a great job.

Fox Sports did a good job with Monmouth-CCSU this weekend too. Although I'm not sure Fox does anything but air it. I think the NEC does the rest.

GaSouthern
October 29th, 2007, 12:09 PM
ESPN carries the complete rights for the playoffs correct? I think this holds back alot of the chances of the rest of the games getting picked up until ESPN helps us out and shows them all!

appfan2008
October 29th, 2007, 12:14 PM
I would love to hear an announcement about it but i am sure the coverage will be no better than it has been in recent years

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Someone posted the specific coverage, dates and times a few weeks ago. Can not find it...

For some reason...I think we had a weird Friday night game in the playoffs, if I recall correctly.

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Thread on Friday night first-rounder...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30815

bluehenbillk
October 29th, 2007, 12:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2986748

Could be more but lists 2 1st round games, one on Friday, one on Saturday, both semi's & the NC game.

appfan2008
October 29th, 2007, 12:43 PM
yeah and if you noticed... one of the semifinals is at 1100 in the morning on saturday... ugh

GannonFan
October 29th, 2007, 12:47 PM
yeah and if you noticed... one of the semifinals is at 1100 in the morning on saturday... ugh

You're not reading it right - that's a DII semifinal game. The FCS semis are 8PM on the Friday night and 4PM on Saturday afternoon.

McTailGator
October 29th, 2007, 12:52 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2986748

Could be more but lists 2 1st round games, one on Friday, one on Saturday, both semi's & the NC game.

They have a big gap in between the 25th of Nov. and the 6th of December.

I'd bet they have the Q-Finals peged as regional telecasts and on ESPN Game Plan (Plus)

We need to raise hell with the NCAA and get them to switch us to the time sot on the Saturdaythey have alloted for D-II. That Friday thing is hard to make. 4:PM on a Saturday sounds a lot better to me.

GannonFan
October 29th, 2007, 12:58 PM
They have a big gap in between the 25th of Nov. and the 6th of December.

I'd bet they have the Q-Finals peged as regional telecasts and on ESPN Game Plan (Plus)

We need to raise hell with the NCAA and get them to switch us to the time sot on the Saturdaythey have alloted for D-II. That Friday thing is hard to make. 4:PM on a Saturday sounds a lot better to me.

That's your opinion - geez, an 11AM start-time would be just brutal - we'd be tailgating at 6 something in the morning. xeekx Friday night is so much better.

grizbeer
October 29th, 2007, 02:13 PM
I think some of the FCS games broadcasts are done by the regional Fox channels, others are local broadcast.

I hadn't seen the broadcast schedule, a game on the Friday after Thanksgiving? I'm guessing that will be a record low for attendance, especially if it is a Mountain/West Coast game at 11:30 or 10:30 in the morning start.

On the plus side, any semi-final game in Missoula will be played under the (temporary) lights.

catamount man
October 29th, 2007, 06:28 PM
The last few years I've been able to watch a majority of the games on ESPN Gameplan. Guys, we can complain all we want, but this coverage is better than no coverage. Hell, do the D3 playoffs and NAIA playoffs even get televised OTHER than their championship games?

I will give ESPN credit for stepping up when it comes to FCS playoff coverage.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

LehighFan11
October 29th, 2007, 06:38 PM
I'm sure ESPN will want to cover the App St game becuase everyone will want to see them after they beat Michigan. The entire playoffs will probably benfit if App St is in there.

BDKJMU
October 29th, 2007, 10:59 PM
That's your opinion - geez, an 11AM start-time would be just brutal - we'd be tailgating at 6 something in the morning. xeekx Friday night is so much better.

Heck, I was out tailgating parked at 5:50 AM this past sat for the noon UR game, and I wasn't the 1st in the lot. :)