PDA

View Full Version : Another look at 8-3 teams

URMite
October 28th, 2007, 11:55 PM
As a hypothetical, let's say we have 5 AQs (UNI, Montana, McNeese, EKU, & UMass) and 2 at-large (SIU & Delaware) that are likely. The SoCon, MEAC, and Patriot are too muddled. That would leave 18 teams (in my opinion) with a good shot for 6 at-large. So given the 19 teams below, if Delaware St was 9-2 and all others were 8-3 how would you rank there chances of an at-large bid (1-19)? (I know they can't all be 8-3 but none can be eliminated)

App St
Wofford
Elon
The Citadel - needs to win out against a tough schedule
GSU

UNH
JMU
UR
Hofstra
Villanova - needs to win out against a tough schedule

WIU - needs to win out against a tough schedule

Cal Poly - needs to win out against a tough schedule

Delaware St - w/ loss to Norfolk St

EIU
JSU

Fordham
Holy Cross

EWU
Montana St. - needs to win out against a tough schedule

FYI I did not include (USD, Dayton, Norfolk St, Morehead St, Colgate, Albany, Wagner, & Austin Peay)

RE/MAXGriz
October 29th, 2007, 12:42 AM
I like EWU to finish out 8-3, their loss to Portland St might kill them though (the other two would be to Montana and BYU). EWU's offense is deadly, they're shaping up to become the team they were just a few years ago when they beat #1 see SIU. Their offense is amazing, defense is a little suspect still, they like to create turnovers but also give up a lot of yards.

I think EWU as an at-large and headed to, say, UNI or McNeese could make for a very interesting game.