PDA

View Full Version : Ivy Week 10

Ivytalk
October 28th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Yale over Brown by 10: Bruins looking good recently, but they've met their Peter Principle now. Dawgs just too strong. Call it 24-14 for the Eli.

Harvard over Columbia by 13: Harvard consistently scores in the high 20s, so I'll say 27-14. A speed-bump on the way to November 17.

Penn over Princeton by 5: Which Quaker team shows up this week? The one that gave Yale all it could handle, or the one that folded to Brown like a cheap tent in a Sahara simoom? I say Penn, 21-16.

Dartmouth over Cornell by 7: Buddy Teevens gets the Green up for New York Hotel/Restaurant by 28-21.

bulldog10jw
October 28th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Yale 35 Brown 24

Harvard 30 Columbia 10

Penn 22 Princeton 19 - (5 overtimes. Neither team scores in the first 4 then a Penn walk-on added to the team this week drop kicks the winner in OT# 5)

Dartmouth 27 Cornell 24- (Dartmouth scores on a 5th down with 10 seconds left. When the mistake is discovered Cornell says "remember 1940 when we gave back the victory". Dartmouth says "it's 2007...screw you".)

bonarae
October 28th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Yale/Brown: Yale by 13
Harvard/Columbia: Harvard by 14
Penn/Princeton: Penn by 3 (close, should be really close)
Dartmouth/Cornell: Dartmouth by 2 or 3 (another close game)

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 29th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Yale/Brown: Yale, 24-17. Estes' crew makes it closer than expected with a motivated effort on defense.

Harvard/Columbia: Harvard 52-14. Murph's men are on a roll and the Lions are defenseless, ....

Penn/Princeton: Princeton 14-13. A toss-up, but the Tigers pull it out late with points off an ill-timed turnover.

Dartmouth/Cornell: Dartmouth 45-14. Buddy has turned the corner with the Big Green and it shows in an offensive explosion vs SUNY-Ithaca. Dartmouth fans can hardly wait for 2008 to arrive, ....

brownbear
October 29th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Yale by 7
Harvard by 17
Princeton by 3
Cornell by 3

Cleets
October 29th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Yale/Brown: Yale, 24-17. Estes' crew makes it closer than expected with a motivated effort on defense.

Harvard/Columbia: Harvard 52-14. Murph's men are on a roll and the Lions are defenseless, ....

Penn/Princeton: Princeton 14-13. A toss-up, but the Tigers pull it out late with points off an ill-timed turnover.

Dartmouth/Cornell: Dartmouth 45-14. Buddy has turned the corner with the Big Green and it shows in an offensive explosion vs SUNY-Ithaca. Dartmouth fans can hardly wait for 2008 to arrive, ....

xnodx

YaleFootballFan
October 29th, 2007, 10:14 PM
I think Brown is going to give Yale a battle, as they always do. Yale has been a little sluggish the last two weeks and Brown is coming off a solid win over Penn, a team Yale struggled to beat the week before.

I could see a 28-24 type game at the Bowl, hopefully with Yale winning.

Harvard Worship
October 30th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Brown at Yale: Yale 35-28

Harvard at Columbia: Harvard 28-7

Princeton at Penn: Penn 17-14

Cornell at Dartmouth: Dartmouth 20-17

blu-bulldog
October 30th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Yale over Brown in a squeeker20 to 17
Harvard over Columbia by a billion
Dartmouth over Cornell by 50
Penn is going take all it's frustration out on P'ton
Thats how I see it

bulldog10jw
October 30th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Thats how I see it

Where did that come from?

Ivytalk
October 30th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Junior Ivy and I will be in NYC on Saturday at Wien(er) Stadium to see Harvard squash Columbia by a billion!:D

blu-bulldog
October 30th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Where did that come from?

After careful thought the voice in my head said 50 points.No I did'nt,yes you did.Shut up!xnodx

bulldog10jw
November 2nd, 2007, 04:03 PM
Here's the odds for Saturday:

Princeton +5
Penn

Brown +17
Yale

Dartmouth +2
Cornell

Columbia +20
Harvard

bulldog10jw
November 3rd, 2007, 02:53 PM
Thats how I see it

Guess you were pretty close on that one.

brownbear
November 3rd, 2007, 06:35 PM
Did anyone else go to the Yale-Brown game today? If you did, what were your thoughts on the Yale fumble that got returned by Brown for a TD, but got called back as incomplete. I thought (from my angle) that the ball definitely slipped out the back of his hand and would have been a fumble.

Other than that, I would say Mike McLeod looked really impressive. On a sunny day, he could have gotten 250 or 300 yards on us (he still got 182). This would have given Yale a lot more points. Today, Yale must have gone inside the Brown 25 yard line about five or six times in the first half, and they only got 3 points off all of that. Brown was lucky that it stayed that close.

YaleFootballFan
November 3rd, 2007, 08:05 PM
Did anyone else go to the Yale-Brown game today? If you did, what were your thoughts on the Yale fumble that got returned by Brown for a TD, but got called back as incomplete. I thought (from my angle) that the ball definitely slipped out the back of his hand and would have been a fumble.

Other than that, I would say Mike McLeod looked really impressive. On a sunny day, he could have gotten 250 or 300 yards on us (he still got 182). This would have given Yale a lot more points. Today, Yale must have gone inside the Brown 25 yard line about five or six times in the first half, and they only got 3 points off all of that. Brown was lucky that it stayed that close.

I was there. From my angle, from below the press box, I thought it was clearly a fumble.

However, in the fourth quarter, there was a similar play that went against Yale, so in the end it evened out.

Personally, I thought the officials did a terrible job today. Lots of missed calls.

Ivytalk
November 3rd, 2007, 09:02 PM
The zebras at Columbia were so bad that they made the MEAC refs look good. Harvard was called for a phantom pass interference, a phantom facemask and an illegal formation penalty that I still can't figure out. The refs cost Harvard 8 points and gave Columbia 6.xsmhx