PDA

View Full Version : SoCon rankings

GSU Eagle
October 28th, 2007, 08:00 PM
How would others rank the SoCon teams right now?

My list would go:
1. Elon
2. Wofford
3. Georgia Southern (I rank them ahead of App. based on win over App)
4. Appalachian St.
5. Citadel
6. Furman
7. Chattanooga
8. Western Carolina

The Sportsnetwork doesn't see the list quite this way, but it seems reasonable to me. An argument could be made to put Appalachian at #3 and Georgia Southern at #4, even though GSU beat Appalachian. I am still trying to figure out how we lost at home to Chattanooga early in the year.

Appaholic
October 28th, 2007, 08:03 PM

My list would go:
1. Elon
2. Wofford
4. Appalachian St.
5. Citadel
6. Furman
7. Chattanooga
8. Western Carolina

The Sportsnetwork doesn't see the list quite this way, but it seems reasonable to me. An argument could be made to put Appalachian at #3 and Georgia Southern at #4, even though GSU beat Appalachian. I am still trying to figure out how we lost at home to Chattanooga early in the year.

I can't argue with your rankings.......makes sense due to how games have played out. I just hope Furman takes care of Elon and we take care of El Cid so rankings can shake out a little more in our favor.

appstate38
October 28th, 2007, 08:23 PM

My list would go:
1. Elon
2. Wofford
4. Appalachian St.
5. Citadel
6. Furman
7. Chattanooga
8. Western Carolina

Those top 4 are just beating each other so I can't really argue with those rankings just yet. I might flip 6 and 7 though.... Tough year for the Knights so far.

ElonPride
October 28th, 2007, 08:36 PM
I would also flip 6 & 7.

1-4/5 is almost even.