PDA

View Full Version : McNeese's backup quarterback lights it up

JohnStOnge
October 28th, 2007, 07:40 PM
McNeese starter Derrick Forroux got poked in the eye last night and the Cowboys had to go to "backup" Mark Fontenot for most of the first half.

The guy went 15 of 16 for 261 yards, 3 touchdowns, and 0 interceptions in less than two quarters of play.

Fontenot was slated to be the starter going into 2005 but got hurt. Forroux stepped in and never relinquished the spot.

But it's pretty clear that McNeese has two starting caliber quarterbacks. On one hand, as last night showed, it's good that McNeese has somebody like Fontenot to go to if they need to. On the other, it's kind of a shame that they couldn't have had these two quarterbacks at different times.

skinny_uncle
October 28th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Depth can be a wonderful thing, especially when there are injuries in the course of a game.

Syntax Error
October 28th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Just don't start that QB rotation thing again!

buckp
October 28th, 2007, 07:53 PM
Depth can be a wonderful thing, especially when there are injuries in the course of a game.

Depth can be a wonderful thing for payoffs....:D

WyomingGrizFan
October 28th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I don't see any reason why a team can't utilize a two-quarterback option. Hope to hear that your starting regular QB Derrick Forroux has a complete recovery. Hate to see injuries on either side of the line for both opponents.

JohnStOnge
October 28th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I don't see any reason why a team can't utilize a two-quarterback option. Hope to hear that your starting regular QB Derrick Forroux has a complete recovery. Hate to see injuries on either side of the line for both opponents.

Forroux played the entire second half, but he was off throwing the ball last night. I think he'll be fine.

But Fontenot, as of now, is 34 of 39 on the season with 4 TDs, 0 interceptions, and a 222.9 QB rating. I don't know if McNeese has ever had a better two deep QB situation.

I think that probably the biggest reason Forroux is starting is that he's got better wheels. He's a threat running the football and is very quick...avoids sacks...and can throw the ball on the run very well.

But Fontenot is a very accurate passer with a good arm. In particular he throws a very accurate long ball.

McNeese75
October 28th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Depth can be a wonderful thing for payoffs....:D

:D Payoffs or playoffs???? You never know in this state xlolx

buckp
October 28th, 2007, 08:50 PM

'State'....I ain't worried about! :p ;)

GeauxLions94
October 28th, 2007, 09:06 PM
McNeese starter Derrick Forroux got poked in the eye last night and the Cowboys had to go to "backup" Mark Fontenot for most of the first half.

The guy went 15 of 16 for 261 yards, 3 touchdowns, and 0 interceptions in less than two quarters of play.

Fontenot was slated to be the starter going into 2005 but got hurt. Forroux stepped in and never relinquished the spot.

But it's pretty clear that McNeese has two starting caliber quarterbacks. On one hand, as last night showed, it's good that McNeese has somebody like Fontenot to go to if they need to. On the other, it's kind of a shame that they couldn't have had these two quarterbacks at different times.

Credit the McOffensive line as they gave Fontenot PLENTY of time to pick us apart. The Fourroux-Fontenot combination is a pretty good one and MF's comments after the game were right on.

WyomingGrizFan
October 28th, 2007, 09:49 PM

Maybe he's remembering the time when Huey Pierce "Kingfish of the Lodge" Long suggested to the State Legislature to outlaw PAT's; especially after his beloved L.S.U. lost by one point to,.,what was it, Rice?

Granted, he did pull Louisiana out of some doldrums; 3,000 miles of paved roads, a Medical School @ L.S.U., the "Share-Our-Wealth-Society" to get Big Business to give back to society and all, but that's stretching it a little, don't ya think? Can't blame him though I guess.

McTailGator
October 28th, 2007, 10:48 PM

Forroux came back after the half when his vision returned and did a nice job as well.

We had a nice lead and the coaches want Forreauxs running ability instead of Fontenots passing attack to run down the clock.

Boy that says a lot when we have to pull our 2nd QB because he's running up the score.
(;

McNeese_beat
October 28th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Attention McNeese fans...
It's F-O-U-R-R-O-U-X...

If you're gonna be pushing him for the Payton award in the future, at least spell his name right...:D xrotatehx xnodx xnodx xnodx

GeauxLions94
October 28th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Attention McNeese fans...
It's F-O-U-R-R-O-U-X...

If you're gonna be pushing him for the Payton award in the future, at least spell his name right...:D xrotatehx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Spelling it's OK. Pronouncing it? That's another thread.

For those you wish to take a guess it's ...

FORE-roo

Retro
October 28th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Forroux came back after the half when his vision returned and did a nice job as well.

We had a nice lead and the coaches want Forreauxs running ability instead of Fontenots passing attack to run down the clock.

Boy that says a lot when we have to pull our 2nd QB because he's running up the score.
(;

I guess we did run up the score in the 4th, because on that last scoring drive, we drove downfield with all running plays trying to run time off and still scored pretty easy.:D

McTailGator
October 29th, 2007, 12:42 PM
I guess we did run up the score in the 4th, because on that last scoring drive, we drove downfield with all running plays trying to run time off and still scored pretty easy.:D

I guessed the score 45-17 last week.

I would have been upset had ANYBODY scored again and ruined my perfect guess. xsmiley_wix