PDA

View Full Version : Northwest St vs NDSU

Keydet90
September 7th, 2005, 11:37 AM
I am planning on going to the game this weekend in Natchitoches as it is the only game in town. Anyone have any insights on the game or tips on where to sit in the stadium. I am new to the area and have never been to the campus. Where does one tailgate? How is the stadium? What concessions are available? What kind of crowd should we expect? Do I need to get tix in advance or can one walk up and buy tix at the gate? I am looking forward to seeing two ranked I-AA teams in action after last weekend's plan to attend the McNeese vs Southern game was altered. I did watch the La Monroe vs NSU game on TV last week and look forward to seeing the demons in person.

BTW - great I-AA coverage in the Alexandria Town Talk paper and the American Press paper from Lake Charles. Both cover not only local but also national level I-AA items, polls and stories. Local I-AA schools get almost daily coverage. Hats off to both these papers!

DP '90

X-Factor
September 7th, 2005, 03:53 PM
I can't really answer any of your questions because I am a Bison fan that lives 1300 miles from Natchitoches, but I am glad you are taking an interest in the game. It should be a very good one to attend if you like smashmouth football. But check out:

www.godemons.com for info about the Demons
www.bisoninsider.com and www.bisonville.com for info about the Bison

Dallas Demon
September 7th, 2005, 04:09 PM
I am planning on going to the game this weekend in Natchitoches as it is the only game in town. Anyone have any insights on the game or tips on where to sit in the stadium. I am new to the area and have never been to the campus. Where does one tailgate? How is the stadium? What concessions are available? What kind of crowd should we expect? Do I need to get tix in advance or can one walk up and buy tix at the gate? I am looking forward to seeing two ranked I-AA teams in action after last weekend's plan to attend the McNeese vs Southern game was altered. I did watch the La Monroe vs NSU game on TV last week and look forward to seeing the demons in person.

BTW - great I-AA coverage in the Alexandria Town Talk paper and the American Press paper from Lake Charles. Both cover not only local but also national level I-AA items, polls and stories. Local I-AA schools get almost daily coverage. Hats off to both these papers!

DP '90

You'll have a great time. Make sure you go early and tailgate, there will be tons of activities going on. You'll see tons of people on the south side of the stadium all around the practice fields, that is where the tailgating is. If you want to go super early and eat lunch Natchitoches is famous for its meat pies. There are several places to eat these, Lasyones on 2nd street being the original. I've heard there are also several great places on Front Street too. After eating lunch downtown, I'd head to the campus (close by) and start the tailgating activities. From what I hear, tickets are selling like crazy. You should be able to walk up and buy a ticket, I don't think there will be a problem. Should be a crowd of 13-14K at least.

The stadium is very nice with an upper deck on the west side. You'll probably have a choice of sitting in the upper deck on the west side or on the east side (student side). Both are fine, it just depends on how high up you want to go. You may encounter the sun, however, for the first half on the east side. That's why I now prefer the west side, or the side with the press box.

You're correct about the press coverage. Northwestern gets daily coverage in both the Alexandria Town Talk and the Shreveport Times (along with the Leesville paper). You might want to check out www.godemons.com as the stories are linked from there on a daily basis to make it easy to find.

From DeRidder, it's a pretty easy drive so you'll be here in less than 2 hours I would think. I'm having to back out from going this weekend due to my work, but in the future you can come back and tailgate with us when I'm there. Let me know.

Keydet90
September 7th, 2005, 05:32 PM
I might add that the NSU vs NDSU game is Military Appreciation Day so there will be several hundred soldiers and family members attending the game. I know my unit has signed up about 50-60 personnel to attend so far. I also think there will be support from other bases in the area like Camp Beauregard.

A big thanks :nod: in advance to NSU for what they are doing for the soldiers and the free tix. :D

DP '90

HPCAT
September 7th, 2005, 05:45 PM
I might add that the NSU vs NDSU game is Military Appreciation Day so there will be several hundred soldiers and family members attending the game. I know my unit has signed up about 50-60 personnel to attend so far. I also think there will be support from other bases in the area like Camp Beauregard.

A big thanks :nod: in advance to NSU for what they are doing for the soldiers and the free tix. :D

DP '90

Texas State is having a Military Appreciation Day this weekend also, it is a great idea to show support for the military.

Isn't the correct name Northwestern State ?

DD, I am suprised you let that slide. :)

Dallas Demon
September 8th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Texas State is having a Military Appreciation Day this weekend also, it is a great idea to show support for the military.

Isn't the correct name Northwestern State ?

DD, I am suprised you let that slide. :)

Hey HPCAT, you know I'm easy. :-) Hope things are going well for you in Houston.