PDA

View Full Version : Does McNeese stack up?

Prominentwon
October 28th, 2007, 11:41 AM
with the rest of the top teams in the country?

I'm taking the John StOnge pessimistic approach on this possible high playoff seeding. So I was sitting at the McNeese game last night and a cousin and I were having a conversation about our schedule and how it's very Ohio St-esque. Outside of ULL (I know, they are a terrible I-A team), who else have we beaten and how would we compare to teams elsewhere in the country? We demolished ULL. Terrible I-A team, but granted...it's a I-A team. I'm having a real hard time to see where we REALLY should be and where we are at when it comes to being one of the country's "elite".

I'd like to see what others outside of the Cowboy family thought about our team and maybe give me an idea what else is going on with teams outside our conference. Actually wouldn't mind comments from our Cowboys faithful also.

DaGriz
October 28th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Outside of ULL (I know, they are a terrible I-A team), who else have we beaten and how would we compare to teams elsewhere in the country?

Not a tough schedule? xeekx How dare you!:D ;)

I haven't had a chance to see McNeese this year, any videos on line we can check out? I have seen UNI though twice this year and not to talk smack, but I'm not impressed. If that's the number 1 team in the nation I like our chances. I know everybody has bad games, we sure do, but I just don't think they look that fast or big. How does McNeese stack up to them? McNeese in the past in my opinion has usually been very quick with a good QB and strong defense.

Syntax Error
October 28th, 2007, 12:37 PM

I haven't had a chance to see McNeese this year, any videos on line we can check out? I have seen UNI though twice this year and not to talk smack, but I'm not impressed. If that's the number 1 team in the nation I like our chances. I know everybody has bad games, we sure do, but I just don't think they look that fast or big. How does McNeese stack up to them? McNeese in the past in my opinion has usually been very quick with a good QB and strong defense.By AGS Rank:

#1 UNI
OL 6-5 314
DL 6-4 271

#2 NDSU
OL 6-4 298
DL 6-2 269

#3 UMASS
OL 6-4 301
DL 6-2 252

#4 MSU
OL 6-3 295
DL 6-2 250

#5 UM
OL 6-5 306
DL 6-4 262

MSU_77
October 28th, 2007, 12:57 PM

I haven't had a chance to see McNeese this year, any videos on line we can check out? I have seen UNI though twice this year and not to talk smack, but I'm not impressed. If that's the number 1 team in the nation I like our chances. I know everybody has bad games, we sure do, but I just don't think they look that fast or big. How does McNeese stack up to them? McNeese in the past in my opinion has usually been very quick with a good QB and strong defense.

You can view full game videos of several of McNeese's games this season at www.tarvermedia.com.

Prominentwon
October 28th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Is that the average size of each line?

skinny_uncle
October 28th, 2007, 03:52 PM
I think a lot of people see McNeese going undefeated through the regular season along with UNI and Montana. That will be probably translate to all three teams getting seeds.

Prominentwon
October 28th, 2007, 03:58 PM
I know that already. But because we are undefeated, I'm not so sure how confident we should be because of our schedule. Granted, we've beaten teams like an undefeated is supposed to be beating teams by 2 and 3 TD's. I haven't gotten a chance to see teams such as Montana and Northern Iowa.

Appguy
October 28th, 2007, 04:17 PM
I have Mcneese at #2

Lionsrking
October 28th, 2007, 04:17 PM
with the rest of the top teams in the country?

I'm taking the John StOnge pessimistic approach on this possible high playoff seeding. So I was sitting at the McNeese game last night and a cousin and I were having a conversation about our schedule and how it's very Ohio St-esque. Outside of ULL (I know, they are a terrible I-A team), who else have we beaten and how would we compare to teams elsewhere in the country? We demolished ULL. Terrible I-A team, but granted...it's a I-A team. I'm having a real hard time to see where we REALLY should be and where we are at when it comes to being one of the country's "elite".

I'd like to see what others outside of the Cowboy family thought about our team and maybe give me an idea what else is going on with teams outside our conference. Actually wouldn't mind comments from our Cowboys faithful also.

After watching the Cowboys last night, if they DON'T stack up with the rest of the elite around the country, then FCS football is WAAAAAAAAY better than anyone gives it credit for. I've seen most of the top teams play on TV and McNeese has a decided team speed advantage over most I've seen. Northern Iowa is probably the best I've seen with McNeese right behind them.

GreatAppSt
October 28th, 2007, 04:30 PM
I saw McNeese at TXST, and I'm not telling!xnonox :D

McNeese_beat
October 28th, 2007, 04:42 PM

A good number of games are available here:
http://tarvermedia.com/

You can also get the entire game of most games on Youtube.