PDA

View Full Version : Week #9 big time players

slostang
October 27th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Cal Poly QB Jonathan Dally was 16 of 24 for 453 yards and 5 TDs. He also rushed 23 times for 119 yards and a TD in Cal Poly's 48-28 win over Idaho State.

Cal Poly WR Ramses Barden had 10 receptions for 268 yards and 3 TDs.

Cal Poly WR Tredale Tolver had 4 receptions for 154 yards and 2 TDs.

What other FCS players had big days?

JALMOND
October 27th, 2007, 07:33 PM
So far, true freshman Drew Hubel has 7 TD's passing in his first career start for Portland State. Needs to throw a few more, though.

RadMann
October 27th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Joe Flacco - 434 yards and 4 td passes against FBS Navy.

grizband
October 27th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Ricky Santos (New Hampshire)
24-30 419 yards 5 TDs
41 rushing yards 1 TD

Jimmy Hughes (Rhode Island)
20 carries 168 yards 3 TDs
1 reception 14 yards

JackTwice
October 27th, 2007, 07:50 PM
JaRon Harris South Dakota State
6 Rec 128 yds 2TD
1 Rush 3 yds 1TD

Good to see Ramses woke up a week after playing us.

JALMOND
October 27th, 2007, 08:21 PM
First career start for Drew Hubel of Portland State...

35-56 485 yards 9TD's 0 INT's.

Dane96
October 27th, 2007, 08:23 PM

xeekx

WOW...that is crazy!

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Sophomore RB David Sinisi from Central Connecticut:

26 carries, 192 yards, 4 TD's
4 receptions, 86 yards, 2 TD's

MR. CHICKEN
October 27th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Joe Flacco - 434 yards and 4 td passes against FBS Navy.

OMAR CUFF 28-141YDS......5 CATCHES...35 YDS.......4 TDS......28 TDS TOTAL

I Bleed Purple
October 27th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Cameron Higgins
22-36 334 yards. 2 INT 4 TD
9-106 3TD

Brian Etuati
6 punt returns-97 yards 1 TD
7 kick returns-211 yards

ISUMatt
October 27th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Herb Donaldson WIU

38 car 241 yards 2 TDs

MR. CHICKEN
October 27th, 2007, 09:15 PM
DUH?................OMAR 28 TD'S.............BRAWK!

spelunker64
October 27th, 2007, 09:25 PM
NDSU's Tyler Roehl 0-0-0...

APPSTER
October 27th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Corey Lynch - 1 game saving interception with no time remaining @ Furple.

AggieFinn
October 27th, 2007, 09:49 PM
JaRon Harris South Dakota State
6 Rec 128 yds 2TD
1 Rush 3 yds 1TD

Good to see Ramses woke up a week after playing us.

JaRon did great, but man, that hardly scratches the surface on Ramses Barden, that guy is amazing...seems only the Jacks know how to stop him??? Will NDSU make the same mistakes as UC Davis/ISU...only time will tell.

UC Davis: LB Mike Morales 15 total tackles, 7 solo, 8 Asst, 2nd straight 10+ tackle game, he's only a Sophomore.

spelunker64
October 27th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Herb Donaldson WIU

38 car 241 yards 2 TDs

I think we have a guy that can do that next week...

JackTwice
October 27th, 2007, 10:16 PM
JaRon did great, but man, that hardly scratches the surface on Ramses Barden, that guy is amazing...seems only the Jacks know how to stop him??? Will NDSU make the same mistakes as UC Davis/ISU...only time will tell.

UC Davis: LB Mike Morales 15 total tackles, 7 solo, 8 Asst, 2nd straight 10+ tackle game, he's only a Sophomore.

I'm here to tell you Aggie, that Ramses absolutely took the week off against us. We double covered him using a corner that is 5'10 200 lbs and a safety over the top. He barely ran out a lot of plays and they weren't looking his way a lot during the night. He did appear to have an ankle that was bothering him, that may have been the issue. I'd really love him to go off this next weekend and take out NDSU.

slostang
October 27th, 2007, 10:56 PM
I'm here to tell you Aggie, that Ramses absolutely took the week off against us. We double covered him using a corner that is 5'10 200 lbs and a safety over the top. He barely ran out a lot of plays and they weren't looking his way a lot during the night. He did appear to have an ankle that was bothering him, that may have been the issue. I'd really love him to go off this next weekend and take out NDSU.

SDSU did a great job on Ramses Barden, but you can not judge a player by one game only. Ramses #'s through 8 games:

Receptions: 47
Yards: 1248
Touchdowns: 15
Yards per reception: 26.6
Receiving yards a game: 156
# of 100 + yard games: 6
# of 200+ yard games: 3
# of games with a TD reception: 7

SDSU did a great job on Ramses, but he did still beat double coverage for 3 receptions for 56 yards and 1 TD. Ramses did have a bigger effect on the game though because while SDSU did slow him down by double teaming him all game, it openned up the running game for Cal Poly who rushed for 398 yards 4 TDs.

ncbears
October 27th, 2007, 11:03 PM
UNC Redshirt Freshman kicker Zak Bigelow who was 2 for 2 and the game winning field goal to upset MSU!

AggieFinn
October 27th, 2007, 11:15 PM
UNC Redshirt Freshman kicker Zak Bigelow who was 2 for 2 and the game winning field goal to upset MSU!

UNC Bears...Nice! xthumbsupx

About Senor Barden...sorry, but the true measure of a champion is how he plays when the chips are down...he did not perform in Brookings, against the best team y'all played besides Idaho...it showed, credit to SDSU, however, having said that, Barden has talent, and he, himself has admitted to not playing 100% every single down in 2006, he has done a terrific job in 2007, but the NFL is watching, and he has got to go no holds barred ala Tony Kays every game from here on out if they want to get a true feel of what he can do. The guy has got tools, but you gotta make sure the heart is there too. Great game for Barden @ ISU, but the vs. NDSU game will be the last tell-tale measure this season...I WILL BE THERE TO WITNESS.

Chi Panther
October 27th, 2007, 11:18 PM
UNI...Johnny Gray.....don't know the actual numbers but over 100 yards total offense and 2 TDs....one receiving and one on a reverse.....UNI won 14 to 13......both TDs in the 4th Quarter.

Not BIG-TIME numbers......but definately resulted in a win and will keep YSU out of the playoffs.....xthumbsupx

UNCBears2010
October 27th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Bigelow was actually 3-3 on FGs...

I'll throw out UNC DB Quincy Wofford with 2 INTs and a Fumble Recovery.

aceinthehole
October 28th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Sophomore RB David Sinisi from Central Connecticut:

26 carries, 192 yards, 4 TD's
4 receptions, 86 yards, 2 TD's

I wish - Sinisi plays for Monmouth and did the damage against CCSU xbawlingx

Retro
October 28th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Mark Fontenot - QB - McNeese (Backup)

Passing - 15-16-0 261 yds 3 TD's

Mark came in the game in the 1st qtr after Starter Derrick Fourroux facemask was pulled and was poked in the eye... Fontenot only played part of the first half. Fourroux returned for the rest of the game till the last few minutes when 3rd stringer Beau Lassigne came in.

The rest of you guys are in trouble!xlolx

TheValleyRaider
October 28th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Jordan Scott

194 rushing yards, 4 TDs (career high)

UMass922
October 28th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Matt Lawrence carried 34 times for 186 yards and three TDs for UMass (48-34 over William & Mary).

Three more TDs and 133 more rushing yards for Mr. McLeod of Yale (28-7 over Columbia).

Green26
October 28th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Lex Hilliard, in Montana's nice win over NAU.

32-146 and 1 TD. 130 of his yards came in the second half. Montana, leading only 7-6 at halftime, started the second half with 2 successive 80 yard drives for TD's. Check out the first quote by coach Hauck.

“At halftime I pulled him [Hilliard] aside and told him we were going to ride him like a borrowed mule. I said, ‘We're going to go until you can't go anymore and then we're going to give you a drink and make you go some more.'

After NAU got a TD late in the 4th quarter, this is how the game ended, i.e. 5 out of 6 plays to Hillard, in a 69 yard drive to the NAU 11--ending with the UM qb taking a knee on first down and NAU not taking its last time out:

"Northern Arizona kicked off, UM took over on its 20 and handed the ball to Hilliard three times, threw a 19-yard pass to Mike Ferriter, then gave it back to Hilliard two more times."

“We just dug deep at the end,” said Hilliard. “They knew mostly what was coming. We were lined up in point-two (two tight ends) personnel and we just kind of hammered away at them, just tried to execute plays over and over again.”

“He feels good, finally,” Hauck said of his tailback, who missed last season after Achilles surgery and was slowed some this year by injuries.
“That's what we did. And he went and carried us, along with his big buddies up front.”

Montana ran a decent amount of Power I in this game.

The Moody1
October 28th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Corey Lynch - 1 game saving interception with no time remaining @ Furple.

Armanti Edwards- finished with 337 yards of total offense (211 passing, 126 rushing) to lead the offensive attack.

MTGrizzFan
October 28th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Lex Hilliard, in Montana's nice win over NAU.

32-146 and 1 TD. 130 of his yards came in the second half. Montana, leading only 7-6 at halftime, started the second half with 2 successive 80 yard drives for TD's. Check out the first quote by coach Hauck.

“At halftime I pulled him [Hilliard] aside and told him we were going to ride him like a borrowed mule. I said, ‘We're going to go until you can't go anymore and then we're going to give you a drink and make you go some more.'

After NAU got a TD late in the 4th quarter, this is how the game ended, i.e. 5 out of 6 plays to Hillard, in a 69 yard drive to the NAU 11--ending with the UM qb taking a knee on first down and NAU not taking its last time out:

"Northern Arizona kicked off, UM took over on its 20 and handed the ball to Hilliard three times, threw a 19-yard pass to Mike Ferriter, then gave it back to Hilliard two more times."

“We just dug deep at the end,” said Hilliard. “They knew mostly what was coming. We were lined up in point-two (two tight ends) personnel and we just kind of hammered away at them, just tried to execute plays over and over again.”

“He feels good, finally,” Hauck said of his tailback, who missed last season after Achilles surgery and was slowed some this year by injuries.
“That's what we did. And he went and carried us, along with his big buddies up front.”

Montana ran a decent amount of Power I in this game.

Great game by Hilliard...good to see him finally healthy

GrizRchattybound
October 28th, 2007, 01:52 PM

Add BSC Offensive Player of the Week and FCS Offensive Player of the Week. If not, then something is wrong with the system. Amazing. Boy, am I glad he is coming to WA-Griz next Saturday. xpeacex

swaghook
October 28th, 2007, 01:54 PM
NDSU's Tyler Roehl 0-0-0...Wait till next week he's going to want to unload some pent up frustration for not getting to play this week due to a slight shoulder injury against UM. I don't think Tyler likes to be sidelined for minor issues but the coaching staff did the right thing.

flyenhigh
October 28th, 2007, 04:38 PM

Wow, that is impressive.

danefan
October 28th, 2007, 04:41 PM

WOW!xbeerchugx

RE/MAXGriz
October 28th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Team homer here, and not really comparable to some of the other stuff out there but Kroy Biermann continued his impressive season against NAU's spread option. 4 tackles, 1 tfl, 1 sack (the only sack), 1 FF, 2 fumble recoveries.

The stats sheet currently says he only has one fumble recovery but that's incorrect, I watched the replay, he had two. They credited a guy, Karl Pitcher, who wasn't even on the field durning that play, I think they got his number crossed (57) with Lorin Utterback (37) who was also on the ground attempting to recover the fumble. Good game Kroy!

JALMOND
October 28th, 2007, 09:24 PM
Add BSC Offensive Player of the Week and FCS Offensive Player of the Week. If not, then something is wrong with the system. Amazing. Boy, am I glad he is coming to WA-Griz next Saturday. xpeacex

Two things in hindsight on Hubel...

1. This was the first start for him as a true freshman. He was the first frosh to start at QB for PSU since Neil Lomax.

2. No interceptions. Especially going against Weber's defense that held their previous conference opponents to six touchdowns total. The kid didn't look nervous at all, even seemed like he was gaining confidence in his ability. The only thing that could hurt his chances at any weekly awards is the fact that PSU needed all of it and then some, falling short in the game. Hubel did his part. I mean, you throw 9 TD's in one game, your team should win.

GrizRchattybound
October 28th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Boy, this could be a fun Saturday. I'm not sure our offense can score that many points. xwhistlex xrolleyesx

I Bleed Purple
October 28th, 2007, 09:30 PM
He'll probably get co-player with Higgins.

9 TDs 1 L vs. 7 TDs 1 W

JALMOND
October 28th, 2007, 09:34 PM
He'll probably get co-player with Higgins.

9 TDs 1 L vs. 7 TDs 1 W

Says a lot about the future of the Big Sky. Higgins is a frosh, too, I think.

FCS Go!
October 28th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Boy, this could be a fun Saturday. I'm not sure our offense can score that many points. xwhistlex xrolleyesx

You mean in just one game? xeekx Or the rest of the reg. season? :D

I imagine WaGriz will be a different experience for the Hubel kid. At least I hope so.

GrizRchattybound
October 28th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Says a lot about the future of the Big Sky. Higgins is a frosh, too, I think.

What year is the UNC and NAU QB's as well?

There is some serious young talent on the BSC QB rosters at QB.

Including the Greyshirt Frosh Jeff Larson, the Griz have waiting in the wings. (The best overall talent of the back-ups hands down IMO)

xbowx

twentythreeOh4
October 28th, 2007, 09:44 PM
So far, true freshman Drew Hubel has 7 TD's passing in his first career start for Portland State. Needs to throw a few more, though.

Jalmond, why did Hubel get the start? Is White injured?

McTailGator
October 28th, 2007, 09:47 PM
This week it's McNeese's back up QB, Mark Fontenot, that came into the game during the 2nd offensive series for an injured Derrick Foureax (finger to an eye) and played the rest of the first half.

Fontenot was 15 of 16 for 281 yards and a TD. All in less than 1 half!

On the seaso Fontenot is apx. 33 of 39 for 2200 yds. Not bad for a Back-up.

JALMOND
October 28th, 2007, 09:51 PM
What year is the UNC and NAU QB's as well?

There is some serious young talent on the BSC QB rosters at QB.

Including the Greyshirt Frosh Jeff Larson, the Griz have waiting in the wings. (The best overall talent of the back-ups hands down IMO)

xbowx

Hubel led Corvallis to the championship of Oregon state 5A last year. PSU also got Kavanaugh, the QB who led (Portland) Lincoln High to the 6A runnerup last year as well. PSU's coaching staff getting the trigger ready for a real run and shoot next year. Now that will be fun to watch, especially with the Griz coming to Portland next year.

JALMOND
October 28th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Jalmond, why did Hubel get the start? Is White injured?

White aggravated an old thumb injury towards the end of the Idaho State game. It's an injury that he had surgery on at Colorado. He was able to play but the coaches held him out as a precaution. I'm sure before the game, he was slated to regain his starting position against Montana. Now, I think Glanville and Davis will have an interesting week to decide.

R.A.
October 28th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Rudie Hardie 3 Sacks

Seven Would Be Nice
October 28th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Jayson Foster 11/16 106 yards passing, 23 carries for 157 yards on the ground. Not his best day, but he still manages to have great games. He also had a season high 80 yard TD run.