PDA

View Full Version : Injury App-date

asu3peat
October 26th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Every team has them, but here are the injuries of ASU for this week's game against Furman:

Name Pos (team) injury

Acitelli - LT (1st) - broken leg (out for season)
Kilgore - RG (2nd) - broken leg (out ???)
Mills - RT (2nd) - ankle (questionable for saturday)
Hennessee - TE (2nd) - tore acl (out for season)
Breitenstein - S (2nd) - back (doubtful)
Cline - WR (2nd)- ribs (doubtful)
Quick - WR - back (doubtful)
Washington - DE (1st) - foot (doubtful)
Tharington - DT (1st) - shoulder and knee (questionable)
Bieschke (RT) has a nagging knee injury, but did practice this week and is expected to play.

I knew we had some injuries, but not to this extent. Washington (LSU transfer) and Hennessee both got hurt this week in practice. ASU is extremely thin on both DL and OL, which in my opinion is where most games are won, "the trenches". This doesn't set up well especially against a beast like Felton and the pressure the Paladin front four have been getting all year. What are your team's injuries?

PaladinFan
October 26th, 2007, 08:51 AM
As far as I know, Furman is relatively healty. We have a banged up TE and our #1 wideout is out with a knee for the season.

This almost seems to be the reverse of the '06 game where Furman came into the game beat up all over. You're right, I expect the young line will get a lot of #45.

Black and Gold Express
October 26th, 2007, 09:02 AM
I thought Quick was being redshirted as of the NAU game?

Either way we are in huge trouble. As each day goes by I feel less and lass positive about this week. At some point you cannot over come what is pracitcally a decimation of both lines.

asu3peat
October 26th, 2007, 09:09 AM
There's no doubt, Coach Lamb will end up hooking our d-line up with a steady IV drip filled with Felton. It is very similar to last year's game with the roles reversed. This game has turned into a rivalry based on the final score being so close, which we didn't get to see last year due to the injuries. Don't get me wrong I like winning, but I'd rather get a team's best shot with all their 1st team players than to whip a team's 2nd and 3rd string. Hopefully the team can overcome the injuries to compete and win this weekend. This is one of my favorite games that we play in the SOCON!

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 26th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Well, JMU was in the infirmary on their bye week licking their wounds. Most of the team is pretty healthy now though. Here are the main guys I know of with injuries / returning from injuries:

Eugene Holloman (RB, out for season, will take med. redshirt if approved)
Hassan Abdul-Wahid (DE, dislocated knee, but appears not to be season ending as initially thought. Listed as Doubtful for the game tomorrow)
Scotty McGee (DB, Concussion at Northeastern. Missed URI game and should be ready to go tomorrow vs. UR)
Tony LeZotte (S, Broken bone in wrist, had surgery last week, listed as probable, which means he's playing)
LC Baker (WR, hamstring injury, probable for tomorrow's game vs. UR)

Overall, not too bad. It could be worse at this point in the season, but our BYE week could not have come at a better time. JMU is 7-1 under Mickey Matthews after BYE weeks, only loss coming to Delaware in 2002 when the Dukes went 2-9.

I think the Spiders also have a number of injuries, but I also heard several may be returning from those injuries this week. Expect a bruiser of a game between these two. I'd be surprised if both teams' injury lists don't get a little longer after tomorrow.

Good luck to App St. on getting healthy. It is such a key to winning the NC, which is why despite talent, recruiting, coaching, etc. you still need Lady Luck on your shoulder to win back-to-back national championships. I think App St.'s run might be disrupted this year, but that's no discredit to their team.

bluehenbillk
October 26th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Can't say I feel sorry for anybody. UD was decimated by injuries the past 2 years, far more than anything listed here. It's good to be healthy (currently).

asu3peat
October 26th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Blue we've been just the opposite the past two years. We stayed relatively healthy which is one of the big reasons we were able to make runs for the title. It's hard for teams to overcome a lot of injuries, especially when the injuries are up front with the o/d line. We need young players to step up and make some plays if ASU wants to find themselves in the playoffs.

PaladinFan
October 26th, 2007, 10:14 AM
There's no doubt, Coach Lamb will end up hooking our d-line up with a steady IV drip filled with Felton. It is very similar to last year's game with the roles reversed. This game has turned into a rivalry based on the final score being so close, which we didn't get to see last year due to the injuries. Don't get me wrong I like winning, but I'd rather get a team's best shot with all their 1st team players than to whip a team's 2nd and 3rd string. Hopefully the team can overcome the injuries to compete and win this weekend. This is one of my favorite games that we play in the SOCON!

Inuries sometimes can't be avoided. It cost us our season last year. It may cost you yours this year.

This game will be decided, I think, on whether ASUs O-line can handle Furmans vets on defense. FU has 21 sacks through 7 games and will have to play on the other side of the ball. The game will hinge on one teams defense making a key play, be it a sack, interception, fumble, etc.

GreatAppSt
October 26th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Every team has them, but here are the injuries of ASU for this week's game against Furman:

Name Pos (team) injury

Acitelli - LT (1st) - broken leg (out for season)
Kilgore - RG (2nd) - broken leg (out ???)
Mills - RT (2nd) - ankle (questionable for saturday)
Hennessee - TE (2nd) - tore acl (out for season)
Breitenstein - S (2nd) - back (doubtful)
Cline - WR (2nd)- ribs (doubtful)
Quick - WR - back (doubtful)
Washington - DE (1st) - foot (doubtful)
Tharington - DT (1st) - shoulder and knee (questionable)
Bieschke (RT) has a nagging knee injury, but did practice this week and is expected to play.

I knew we had some injuries, but not to this extent. Washington (LSU transfer) and Hennessee both got hurt this week in practice. ASU is extremely thin on both DL and OL, which in my opinion is where most games are won, "the trenches". This doesn't set up well especially against a beast like Felton and the pressure the Paladin front four have been getting all year. What are your team's injuries?

It has not looked good for awhile. The injury bug has come back with a vengance.xbawlingx xnonono2x

AppChicago
October 26th, 2007, 12:28 PM
This scares the living hell out of me.

Death Dealer
October 26th, 2007, 03:31 PM
This scares the living hell out of me.

I think you guys will be OK. Have you seen us play this season? I have, 4 times, and let me tell you, we aren't as good as we were last year with all the injuries. I am pulling for us, and will be up for the game, but all this talk of how scared you guys, while nice to see, might be unwarranted.

matfu
October 26th, 2007, 04:46 PM
I think you guys will be OK. Have you seen us play this season? I have, 4 times, and let me tell you, we aren't as good as we were last year with all the injuries. I am pulling for us, and will be up for the game, but all this talk of how scared you guys, while nice to see, might be unwarranted.

AMEN! if furman plays like we have in any of our games this year, we will get blown out. we have beaten pc who later beat coastal carolina, coastal and chatt. i thought during the 4th quarter against chat, that win or lose, we had played poorly. NOW if we ever play up to our potential, i think we could beat anyone but so far this year, it has not happened.

i still believe furman will lose to app state, ga southern, elon and possibly western carolina. I HOPE I AM WRONG!

hapapp
October 26th, 2007, 06:04 PM
We have struggled all year stopping the run and now our young, inexperienced DLine is also banged up. I could easily see Furman taking a two TD victory.

In all honesty, I think this game is about as difficult to prognosticate as any game this year. Furman has certainly struggled but they are playing at home and ASU is hurting and coming off a devastating loss at home. I'm not sure what to expect.

ButlerGSU
October 26th, 2007, 09:16 PM
It looks like App State is as banged up as the Eagles. G'luck tomorrow against Furman.

ncman071
October 26th, 2007, 11:47 PM
i just hope some of those "doubtfuls" play this weekend. It sucks losing so many lineman to injury. If we are championship caliber, this is the weekend to prove it. App is pretty much in a must win situation. They really dont need to be 1-3 in the SOCON at this point in the season.

appfan2008
October 27th, 2007, 08:31 AM

I sure hope you are right... :(