PDA

View Full Version : NFL in London?

Tillou
October 25th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I know this is a FCS board but I was wondering what others around the FCS country think of the NFL game in London this week. What about the NFL possibly moving the Pro Bowl out of Hawaii and a week before the Superbowl?

Tillou
October 25th, 2007, 10:38 AM
I thinks its a waste of money having a game in London. Given the fact that NFL Europe wasn't making any money

The Pro Bowl issue is just stupid. Why would you want to even think of moving it before the Superbowl. And moving it out of Hawaii is just as stupid. Who want's to play in the Pro Bowl when it's in Green Bay in January?

lizrdgizrd
October 25th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Other Sports --->

andy7171
October 25th, 2007, 10:41 AM
This should get moved to the "Other Sports" forum.

ProBowl BEFORE the Super Bowl would not work. The players in the SB wouldn't go for fear of injury. The ProBowl is what it is. A way for the fans to vote for their favorite players and send them on a vacation. It'll never be taken seriously.

aust42
October 25th, 2007, 11:00 AM
I don't understand Goodall's intention of playing a regular season game out of the USA. Europeans don't care about American Football. It's an American game, keep it here. I can't believe he wants to have a Super Bowl in London in the future as well. That takes away big $$$ from a potential host city in the USA. Just ridiculous.

jstate83
October 25th, 2007, 11:07 AM
They need to keep all regular season game's in the U.S.A. unless they expand to Canada or Mexico. xlolx

Only PRE-SEASON games should be played outside the U.S. just to keep the worldwide interest going giving fan's in other places a chance to meet the players before the season starts.

Pro-Bowl before the superbowl won't work because like another poster said, there would be player's turning that down left and right.

Outside of player's families getting a free trip to Hawaii, I don't think moving the Pro Bowl Game out of Hawaii would be a big deal.
It would probably up attendance if it was in the Continental U.S. States.
Everybody can't afford a plane ticket to Hawaii but a heck of a lot of people can afford a tank of gas to drive to the Pro Bowl.

They want to keep it in a tropical setting, move it to the Bahamas.
That's only 80 miles off the U.S. coast. xlolx

BlueHen86
October 25th, 2007, 11:35 AM
They need to keep all regular season game's in the U.S.A. unless they expand to Canada or Mexico. xlolx

Only PRE-SEASON games should be played outside the U.S. just to keep the worldwide interest going giving fan's in other places a chance to meet the players before the season starts.

Pro-Bowl before the superbowl won't work because like another poster said, there would be player's turning that down left and right.

Outside of player's families getting a free trip to Hawaii, I don't think moving the Pro Bowl Game out of Hawaii would be a big deal.
It would probably up attendance if it was in the Continental U.S. States.
Everybody can't afford a plane ticket to Hawaii but a heck of a lot of people can afford a tank of gas to drive to the Pro Bowl.

They want to keep it in a tropical setting, move it to the Bahamas.
That's only 80 miles off the U.S. coast. xlolx

I think the game was moved to Hawaii in the first place as incentive to get players to play. Many players were backing out of the game.

From a fan standpoint I think you are right, moving the game might improve attendance.

th0m
October 25th, 2007, 11:36 AM
I was gonna go to that game, but then I didn't expect the tickets to be sold out within 20 minutes.

appfan2008
October 25th, 2007, 12:15 PM
This thread is in the wrong location newbie...

SuperJon
October 25th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I'm on the Liverpool message board and I posed the question of "Is anyone there interested?" and every response so far is that none of them care. Liverpool is playing Arsenal at 4 local time (the game is it 6 local time) and no one cares about an American game.

UNHWildCats
October 25th, 2007, 12:50 PM
If teams are willing to move a game out of the country each year fine. But under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should the Super Bowl be played anywhere but the USA.

UNHWildCats
October 25th, 2007, 12:55 PM
I'm on the Liverpool message board and I posed the question of "Is anyone there interested?" and every response so far is that none of them care. Liverpool is playing Arsenal at 4 local time (the game is it 6 local time) and no one cares about an American game.

You may not have found anyone on the Liverpool board who cares, but the game sold out so there is interest.

The stadium holds 90,000 and over 500,000 registed interest in buying tickets.

TheValleyRaider
October 25th, 2007, 03:35 PM

That's because, as you say, the game's on at the same time. If there was some difference, there might be more interest. Of course, the game's in London, which is a fair hike from Liverpool anyway.

Besides, by kickoff all the Liverpudlians will be sobbing in their drinks after the Young Guns have finished with them :D

appfan2008
October 25th, 2007, 03:51 PM
as unh was getting at... the place sold out in like under an hour... that is interest...

if they brought over rugby or their top soccer teams to play in dc and the yankees are on at the same time... people in new york wouldnt care....

i think that is a good analogy