PDA

View Full Version : This weeks bracket projections are up

HofstraFB
October 24th, 2007, 07:11 AM
SME put there projections up for this week. It looks like things changed due to the games in the Southern conf. Ray has Hofstra still in while Ralph does not. However, Ralph still has 5 CAA teams in. How can you put Delaware in over Hofstra when Hofstra has more DI wins? Also, I still can't see 5 CAA teams getting in when the Socon just made a jump.

HERE ARE THE BRACKETS (http://www.smebroadcasting.com/fcsbrackets.html)

andy7171
October 24th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Does Ralph really have Delaware State hosting the Blue Hens?

whitey
October 24th, 2007, 07:24 AM
No the home teams are listed on the top of each matchup.

LacesOut
October 24th, 2007, 07:56 AM
However, 5 CAA is still to much.

Agreed. Can't see five CAA teams going 8-3 or better, especially when they will all be playing and beating each other the next few weeks.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 24th, 2007, 07:59 AM
WOW! For the first time ever SBU is on someones list for a good win. xrotatehx

However, 5 CAA is still to much. I saw Richmond a few weeks ago, I was not impressed. Thought Youngstown and Hofstra were much better.

There are a number of UNH fans that would disagree with you on your Richmond/Hofstra assessment.

Kosty
October 24th, 2007, 08:01 AM
I can't see having 4 of the 5 CAA teams in the same side of the bracket. That could lead to an all CAA quarters. That's not going to happen!!

andy7171
October 24th, 2007, 08:09 AM
There are a number of UNH fans that would disagree with you on your Richmond/Hofstra assessment.

from a Towson perspective, he's right on.

Cranium716
October 24th, 2007, 08:35 AM
However, 5 CAA is still to much. I saw Richmond a few weeks ago, I was not impressed. Thought Youngstown and Hofstra were much better.

While I agree that 5 CAA teams probably won't happen, Hofstra is by far the most overrated team in the country. They finally played a quality team last week in UNH and got completely crushed, AT HOME. They're one loss from being a playoff afterthought.

HofstraFB
October 24th, 2007, 10:26 AM
I agree with the reason Hofstra is in over Delaware. Both teams only loss is to UNH, while the Pride played a better schedule. Albany is better than Monmouth, and the other two games Furman or Stony Brook are better than West Chester.

Based on the over-rated theory, who has Delaware beat?

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 24th, 2007, 10:29 AM
from a Towson perspective, he's right on.

I guess that's why we play the games.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 24th, 2007, 11:11 AM
I agree with the reason Hofstra is in over Delaware. Both teams only loss is to UNH, while the Pride played a better schedule. Albany is better than Monmouth, and the other two games Furman or Stony Brook are better than West Chester.

Based on the over-rated theory, who has Delaware beat?

Thankfully, the next few weeks on the playing field should bring clarity to this topic. Although HU doesn't play UD head to head, both teams have enough quality games remaining to give the committee much better resumes to analyze.

xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex

HofstraFB
October 24th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Thankfully, the next few weeks on the playing field should bring clarity to this topic. Although HU doesn't play UD head to head, both teams have enough quality games remaining to give the committee much better resumes to analyze.

xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex xpeacex

Agree 100%. THe UMass game now becomes huge. However, if the Pride go 9-2 with losses to only UNH and Mass, I can not see how they are left out. It makes me think back to 1999 I think when the Pride were left out after a good season.

appfan2008
October 24th, 2007, 12:27 PM
In ralph's bracket i would be surprised to see elon and app possibly meeting in the quarters in the same location we already beat them good

McNeese75
October 24th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Elon getting a seed seems a little strange to me.

blur2005
October 24th, 2007, 02:42 PM
I cannot see Elon getting a seed. If the Phoenix get in, they'll be 8-3 because I can't see them getting through road games at Furman and The Citadel without a loss.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 24th, 2007, 02:47 PM
I see better brackets from most of us than those that these guys work out each week. I appreciate their efforts and it gives us some things to talk about, but I think they are pretty off. Maybe it's because I look ahead and figure what the likely outcomes of future games will be. I know - dangerous thought right there!

HensRock
October 24th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Maybe it's because I look ahead and figure what the likely outcomes of future games will be. I know - dangerous thought right there!

No. I think you are right on.
These just make no sense to me. It's useless to pick brackets based on "if the season were to end today...". It doesn't end today, and there are going to be lots more games played. The final set of teams will look a lot different. Geez, these brackets fluctuate wildly just from week to week. I'd rather see a projected (entire season) playoff bracket that gets updated each week based on real plus projected regular season outcomes. I think the final result would be more meaningful because it would be closer to the real deal EACH WEEK instead of bouncing back and forth all over the place.

Elon getting a seed?
Credibility = 0.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 24th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Wow! HensRock and I agree! :) Well, we always have next week to get into with each other. Looking forward to the trip next week!

HensRock
October 24th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Wow! HensRock and I agree! :) Well, we always have next week to get into with each other. Looking forward to the trip next week!

You're coming up?
We should get an AGS tailgate set up or something.

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2007, 06:46 AM
I cannot see Elon getting a seed. If the Phoenix get in, they'll be 8-3 because I can't see them getting through road games at Furman and The Citadel without a loss.
I don't see any 8-3 team getting a seed.
xeyebrowx