PDA

View Full Version : Is this a bad official's call?

JohnStOnge
October 23rd, 2007, 07:26 PM
Somebody on the McNeese board posted this link:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4jvlrbznwgE

On the initial play, the running back was called down prior to the goal line. I was in the stadium and me and people around me thought it was a very bad call when it happened. Didn't make any difference because McNeese scored on the next play. But have you ever seen a "no TD" call this bad?

patssle
October 23rd, 2007, 07:31 PM
I think the same thing happened to SHSU vs NWST. Our RB broke the goal line IMHO, but they didn't call a TD, next play we scored anyways. I didn't have a clear shot of it, otherwise I would of posted the video.

skinny_uncle
October 23rd, 2007, 07:31 PM

On the initial play, the running back was called down prior to the goal line. I was in the stadium and me and people around me thought it was a very bad call when it happened. Didn't make any difference because McNeese scored on the next play. But have you ever seen a "no TD" call this bad?
You obviously did not see the SIU-UNI game when Nick Hill was called "down" before he threw a TD strike. The TV cameras showed replays that clearly showed his knee never touched the ground. Officials are human and make mistakes during the course of a game. You can only hope they even out in the long run.

appsfan
October 23rd, 2007, 07:32 PM
Bad, very Baaad. :(

AppGirl
October 23rd, 2007, 08:04 PM
Refs are human and can and do make mistakes, but that was AWFUL!

PantherRob82
October 23rd, 2007, 08:08 PM
You obviously did not see the SIU-UNI game when Nick Hill was called "down" before he threw a TD strike. The TV cameras showed replays that clearly showed his knee never touched the ground. Officials are human and make mistakes during the course of a game. You can only hope they even out in the long run.

They never said his knee was down. They blew it dead because he was "wrapped up"

PantherRob82
October 23rd, 2007, 08:08 PM
It was a close call. If his knee goes down before the ball breaks the plane, no TD. I could understand how a mistake could be made.

Tillou
October 23rd, 2007, 08:19 PM
It was had to call but from the tv angle I would call it a TD.

BlueHen86
October 23rd, 2007, 08:26 PM
Bad call, by the officials AND the announcers. They completely missed the no TD call, you can even hear fans booing but the announcers just kept going on about how it's a one point game etc....

PantherRob82
October 23rd, 2007, 08:27 PM
Bad call, by the officials AND the announcers. They completely missed the no TD call, you can even hear fans booing but the announcers just kept going on about how it's a one point game etc....

Not suprising on any channel these days.

BlueHen86
October 23rd, 2007, 08:36 PM
Not suprising on any channel these days.
Sad, but often true.

JayJ79
October 23rd, 2007, 09:11 PM
Can a lineman (65) assist a runner like that? looks like he basically pushed him towards the goal line. And then pulled off the tackler.

PantherRob82
October 23rd, 2007, 09:15 PM
Can a lineman (65) assist a runner like that? looks like he basically pushed him towards the goal line. And then pulled off the tackler.

interesting observation.

Frosty The Snowbuff
October 23rd, 2007, 11:19 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

You think that was a bad call????? That's NOTHING!!!!!!

Any Southland fans (McNeese) remember our 2001 showdown in Natchitoches where the McNeese Players was CLEARLY down after catching a pass and the guy basically jumped up and ran another 45-50 yeard for a TD???? Or better yet....when Sampson caught our TD pass in the back of the EZ and they called him out of bounds??? (I think we missed the FG afterwards)

And no I'm not bitter...but those were two horrrible calls that turned the tide to McNeese....McNeese simply took advantage. xnodx

Was a pretty good game otherwise.....

McNeese_beat
October 23rd, 2007, 11:38 PM
Two observations:

1. If I was announcing the game, I probably would have missed the call too. The official (side judge or line judge, not sure which) put his arms up for a touchdown and another official came in and overruled him. So if you are watching it live, you see the guy cross the goalline, see the signal, then you are going to the replay. It would be real easy to miss.

2. I'm not trying to be a McNeese apologist, but I really think the replay makes Hill (65) look like he did something he didn't. Watch the full play develop and you see Hill pull from the right guard spot through the gap Bush is going to run into. He ends up running into his own player, #85 (Mangan), knocking him over. In the process, Mangan bounces Hill back into the hole where he runs into Bush as he is passing by. Finally Hill comes off Bush and finds a Nicholls player to run into (ran into his backside).
Another shaky one a McNese fan had: Brant Linde takes the ball from a Nicholls receiver for an interception, but it's inexplicably called incomplete:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3YPqiXOjcBQ

GrizRchattybound
October 24th, 2007, 12:19 AM
TD...bad call, In any conference.

89Hen
October 24th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Looks bad from that angle, but you really can't see his left knee. xeyebrowx

89Hen
October 24th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Another shaky one a McNese fan had: Brant Linde takes the ball from a Nicholls receiver for an interception, but it's inexplicably called incomplete:
Were these SWAC refs?! xeyebrowx :p for our SWAC friends

That replay is too grainy and impossible to see anything... I'll have to take your word on that one.

OL FU
October 24th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Looked like a bad call. One of the worst I saw was the 2005 FU GSU game. I believe it was Foster that went into the endzone and fumbled the ball after he was clearly a yard or so past the goal-line. Officials called it a fumble and it wasn't even close. Clearly a touchdown

andy7171
October 24th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Bad call.
That's worse than the Morgan State endzone fumble last week.