PDA

View Full Version : Seed hosting in the playoffs?!?

pantherfan
October 22nd, 2007, 09:47 PM
I sure hope that our AD and posters on panthernation.com are completely off base, and this is getting WAY ahead of ourselves, but they are saying that if a 4 seed "outbids" a 1 seed they would host the semi-final? This is incorrect, right?? I sure hope I haven't been naive in my understanding that the higher seed hosts assuming they meet minimum req's...xreadx

UNHWildCats
October 22nd, 2007, 09:48 PM
Aslong as the #1 seed bids the minimum they are guaranteed to be at home until the Championship.

pantherfan
October 22nd, 2007, 09:51 PM
Aslong as the #1 seed bids the minimum they are guaranteed to be at home until the Championship.

Thanks. That has always been my understanding as well. I had to go to the "experts" to make sure though...xpeacex

UNHWildCats
October 22nd, 2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks. That has always been my understanding as well. I had to go to the "experts" to make sure though...xpeacex

If not for you bastards xsmiley_wix UNH woulda been at home til Chatty in 2005 even with that crappy stadium we have :p

pantherfan
October 22nd, 2007, 09:55 PM
If not for you bastards xsmiley_wix UNH woulda been at home til Chatty in 2005 even with that crappy stadium we have :p

Many of us were as surprised as you guys when we got hot at the right time in 2005...;)

UNHWildCats
October 22nd, 2007, 09:57 PM
Many of us were as surprised as you guys when we got hot at the right time in 2005...;)
Thats ok... we gonna come pay you back at the UNI Dome this November ;)

pantherfan
October 22nd, 2007, 09:58 PM

Now THAT would be a shootout!xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
October 22nd, 2007, 10:05 PM
New Hampshire's Ricky Santos led the Wildcats to the FCS title game in Chattanooga, TN today with a jaw dropping 116-115 victory in the 6th overtime when Northern Iowa quarterback Eric Sanders had his two-point conversion pass dropped by his tightend in the corner of the endzone.

:p

appfan2008
October 22nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
what is the minumum

bcrawf
October 22nd, 2007, 10:34 PM
The minimum in the semifinals is $50,000...

appfan2008
October 22nd, 2007, 10:35 PM
that is hardly anything at all... i sure would assume any team could put that up...

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2007, 10:59 PM

No thanks. ;)

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2007, 11:00 PM
New Hampshire's Ricky Santos led the Wildcats to the FCS title game in Chattanooga, TN today with a jaw dropping 116-115 victory in the 6th overtime when Northern Iowa quarterback Eric Sanders had his two-point conversion pass dropped by his tightend in the corner of the endzone.

:p

our tightends would never drop a pass. :D

TheValleyRaider
October 22nd, 2007, 11:21 PM
that is hardly anything at all... i sure would assume any team could put that up...

That's the idea

You want the best teams as seeds, and you want them hosting. The NCAA is still trying to make some money off this, so they force a minimum bid so that the tournament maintains some integrity. Unless they're gonna go to neutral sites, the higher seeded teams will be hosting, as long as they give the cash.

It is rare, but not unprecedented for a seeded team to not bid all the way. Colgate in 2003 only put in bids for the first 2 rounds, but technically should have hosted the Semifinal after the other seed in the bracket was eliminated. For a variety of speculated reasons (truth unknown), Colgate went on the road to FAU, and won in sunny Florida.

Ahh, the glory days...

BearsCountry
October 22nd, 2007, 11:37 PM
Hey if we are back in 2005 again that means we will beat UNI and they will go to the championship game.

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2007, 11:41 PM
Hey if we are back in 2005 again that means we will beat UNI and they will go to the championship game.

Hopefully only the latter. :D

pantherfan
October 22nd, 2007, 11:43 PM
Hopefully only the latter. :D

Hey if A is necessary for B, I think we'd all take that...xlolx xnodx xthumbsupx

WildcatFan
October 23rd, 2007, 05:35 AM

Please don't remind me - saw that game live but also taped it. To this day, I still cannot watch that tape!!!!