PDA

View Full Version : My Impression of NDSU

BigApp
October 22nd, 2007, 04:47 PM
Was at mi casa Saturday, couldn't make it up to the Rock. My oldest is still playing football, as their games are on Saturday, and Mr Undefeated decided he wanted to take a 4 1/2 hour nap xeekx So, I took the opportunity to watch the entire NDSU/Minnesota game on the Big Ten Network...

2 things jumped out at me almost immediately: 1) Minnesota is a god awful bad football team and 2) NDSU has practically a whole roster full of short stumpy white guys (with a coupla brothas thrown in, y'know, for diversity xsmiley_wix )

I figured out early on the Bison is a very good football team, and I could get in-depth here, but one word/adjective/term kept coming back to me as I watched this game, that I had seen this team many, many times. Now, let's cut to the chase:

NDSU is a bunch of short, stumpy white guys (with a few huge guts on the OLine) who play VERY good assignment football.

Bison, you remind me of Wofford. I thought I was watching Wofford dressed up in Green playing in the MetroDome. That's right, IMHO:

North Dakota State Bison=Wofford Terriers

appfan2008
October 22nd, 2007, 04:53 PM
interesting interpretation... someone will blast you for being racist but i wont... ndsu IMHO is better than wofford but of course we will never know

Grizzaholic
October 22nd, 2007, 04:53 PM
Was at mi casa Saturday, couldn't make it up to the Rock. My oldest is still playing football, as their games are on Saturday, and Mr Undefeated decided he wanted to take a 4 1/2 hour nap xeekx So, I took the opportunity to watch the entire NDSU/Minnesota game on the Big Ten Network...

2 things jumped out at me almost immediately: 1) Minnesota is a god awful bad football team and 2) NDSU has practically a whole roster full of short stumpy white guys (with a coupla brothas thrown in, y'know, for diversity xsmiley_wix )

I figured out early on the Bison is a very good football team, and I could get in-depth here, but one word/adjective/term kept coming back to me as I watched this game, that I had seen this team many, many times. Now, let's cut to the chase:

NDSU is a bunch of short, stumpy white guys (with a few huge guts on the OLine) who play VERY good assignment football.

Bison, you remind me of Wofford. I thought I was watching Wofford dressed up in Green playing in the MetroDome. That's right, IMHO:

Watch out for jstate. That could be considered racist. Good luck on the rebound.

NDB
October 22nd, 2007, 04:57 PM

thanks for the insight. xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx

BigApp
October 22nd, 2007, 05:34 PM
Watch out for jstate.

who? I haven't seen a post of his in over a year. Besides, I wasn't trying to be racist. If that card is played, I've got Norfolk St on my side. xlolx

D1B
October 22nd, 2007, 05:39 PM
Astute observation regarding assignment football. I don't know bout the other stuff, but the bison are awefully good. Minnesota has some tall athletes, but at this point, they are poorly coached.

SochorField
October 22nd, 2007, 06:02 PM
As a UC Davis fan, I have followed NDSU. I would disagree with the "short stumpy" guys observation. They've got some big boys. (I know UC Davis doesnt have the biggest players, so my view may be skewed) I would say they are the biggest team in the Great West, Great Westers agree?

They play hard, and have great discipline. If you watched closely during the Minn game, you'd notice all the fantastic blocking by pulling OL's on runs and WR's on screen plays...fun to watch. They totally out-executed Minnesota, it wasnt even funny.

I saw NDSU twice at UCD as student. They do all the little things. This is why they win.

NDSUFREAK
October 22nd, 2007, 06:05 PM
i don't care who plays for NDSU....those "short stumpy white guys" or little guys in green" WIN.

dungeonjoe
October 22nd, 2007, 06:57 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx
I'll take that as a compliment to both teams.

Drblankstare
October 22nd, 2007, 07:05 PM
I watched the APP st V Michigan game. You want to talk assignment football (spread offense). As for the white stumpy guys, what difference does it possible make?

da_Bison
October 22nd, 2007, 07:16 PM
short stumpy white guys, hahaha, thats funny, you OBVIOUSLY are judging this by your distorted HDTV view and not seeing them live. The one comment I hear all the time from people who have seen them LIVE and not on a distorted TV is wow the Bison are some big boys. By the way they seemed distorted on my 42" plasma also, but I Know better.

crunifan
October 22nd, 2007, 07:40 PM
News flash: The upper Midwest (North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin) is like 97% white European. Is it any surprise that their teams reflect that?

BigApp
October 22nd, 2007, 07:44 PM
News flash: The upper Midwest (North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin) is like 97% white European. Is it any surprise that their teams reflect that?

exactly.

JackTwice
October 22nd, 2007, 07:44 PM
White guys, yes. Short, stumpy, no.
Just ask one of the GSU fans. They have seen both SDSU and NDSU and know how big we grow em up in these parts.

BigApp
October 22nd, 2007, 07:45 PM
xlolx xlolx xlolx
I'll take that as a compliment to both teams.

well they won, you should! xthumbsupx

UDBlueLotFan
October 22nd, 2007, 08:34 PM
Crunifan, better hope Pearlman/ESPN doesn't find out about the % of whites you say are throughout the Midwest. You could find yourselves on ESPN's OTL.xrolleyesx

spelunker64
October 22nd, 2007, 09:12 PM
Stumpy yes, white mostly, but short, I'd disagree. I am 6'2" and I condiser myself average height up here. I had 8 guys taller than me in my high school class of 22 guys.

Remember this area is full of Norwegians. Think Vikings...

Gothmog
October 22nd, 2007, 09:24 PM

It turns out NDSU (at 6' 1 1/2'' and 231 lbs) is on average an inch taller and 7 pounds heavier than App State (6' 1/2'' and 224 lbs).

I guess I wouldn't call either team short and stumpy, but it appears that App State is at least shorter than NDSU.

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/roster?teamId=2026

AmsterBison
October 23rd, 2007, 06:58 AM
Hehe, NDSU was a lot shorter than the Gophers. However, NDSU has a big old offensive line - it's just that NDSU doesn't have the "You can't play offensive line unless you are 77 inches tall" mentality.

On defense, I think that average height for NDSU is almost exactly 6'. That'd have been short back in the '80s. On the other hand, it makes it pretty easy to keep their pads low :)

As for skin tone, I don't really think about that until somebody asks about it. Our guys are Green and Gold and that's all that matters.

BISON Thunder
October 23rd, 2007, 07:51 AM

NDSU fans are a bunch of short, stumpy white guys (with huge guts) who watch VERY good assignment football.

Fixed it for youxnodx

TheBisonator
October 23rd, 2007, 10:59 AM
FYI, 20 out of the 90 players on the Bison team are black, and we have 4 black asst. coaches/GA's.

Bison06
October 23rd, 2007, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the complements I guess. I don't know how to take the rest of the post.

89Hen
October 23rd, 2007, 11:07 AM
Remember this area is full of Norwegians. Think Vikings...
http://www.wiseacre-gardens.com/buttons/opera/opera_.jpg

No offense SDSU.

BigApp
October 23rd, 2007, 02:19 PM
Fixed it for youxnodx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx xlolx xlolx xlolx