PDA

View Full Version : Chances

Prominentwon
October 22nd, 2007, 03:58 PM
App. St misses the playoffs?

89Hen
October 22nd, 2007, 04:03 PM
Only chance is if you think they will lose two more games...

Furman, The Citadel, Western Carolina, Chattanooga

AZGrizFan
October 22nd, 2007, 04:05 PM

Nope. They go 3-1 in those 4. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

UMass922
October 22nd, 2007, 04:24 PM

Yup. They're definitely in at 8-3, even considering one of their wins is over a D-II. The Michigan win will trump anything that any other 8-3 team could possibly have on its resume. (It doesn't hurt that Michigan is now 5-2 and that the other team it lost to, Oregon, is top-five in the BCS.)

And I would be shocked to see ASU lose two of those remaining games. (I'll be rooting for The Citadel, though.)

appfan2008
October 22nd, 2007, 04:56 PM
as an app fan i saw 80-20 app is in

they will go at least 3-1 down the stretch in my opinion and 8-3 with our resume will be good enough

PaladinFan
October 22nd, 2007, 05:52 PM
none of those games are a gimme. They'll have to earn it. Even Western and UTC are showing signs of life.

CharlestonAppFan
October 22nd, 2007, 07:20 PM
I don't forsee us going 3-1, rather 4-0. Furman isn't a run only team (although if Mr. Lamb is smart, he would give Felton the ball 45 timesxnodx ), The Citadel is The same way as Furmmie, Western is similar to Elon passing wise (and we did contain Elon), and UTC seems to make me do this xeyebrowx cause I don't know much about them but they did beat GSU.

9-2 is the mark I'm predicting, and in the dance, without a seed, but hosting at least one home game.xthumbsupx

ncman071
October 22nd, 2007, 07:30 PM
I don't forsee us going 3-1, rather 4-0. Furman isn't a run only team (although if Mr. Lamb is smart, he would give Felton the ball 45 timesxnodx ), The Citadel is The same way as Furmmie, Western is similar to Elon passing wise (and we did contain Elon), and UTC seems to make me do this xeyebrowx cause I don't know much about them but they did beat GSU.

9-2 is the mark I'm predicting, and in the dance, without a seed, but hosting at least one home game.xthumbsupx

agreed. i'm hoping that the game against GSU will light a fire under our D lines butts. If our D line can pull together right now, we're a playoff team for sure and possibly a national championship caliber team. Right now we're a good team but not great especially defensively. 35 points should be enough to win ball games. I think we will fair well against Furman especially since they run a more traditional offense. Citadel will be a dog fight for sure and i just hope we come ready to play. WCU and UTC should be wins for us at home. WCU isn't doing so well and UTC is real inconsistant. It just amazes me right now we're talking about whether or not App will make the playoffs considering we beat Michigan. I never would have imagined we would be 1-2 in the SOCON win we beat Michigan in front of 100,000 people. The SOCON is better this year but we should still be 3-0.

appfan2008
October 22nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
agreed. i'm hoping that the game against GSU will light a fire under our D lines butts. If our D line can pull together right now, we're a playoff team for sure and possibly a national championship caliber team. Right now we're a good team but not great especially defensively. 35 points should be enough to win ball games. I think we will fair well against Furman especially since they run a more traditional offense. Citadel will be a dog fight for sure and i just hope we come ready to play. WCU and UTC should be wins for us at home. WCU isn't doing so well and UTC is real inconsistant. It just amazes me right now we're talking about whether or not App will make the playoffs considering we beat Michigan. I never would have imagined we would be 1-2 in the SOCON win we beat Michigan in front of 100,000 people. The SOCON is better this year but we should still be 3-0.

i think the gsu game will wake the team up... or i hope it will... i 4-0 may be asking a lot but very very possible

drpnut
October 22nd, 2007, 07:47 PM
Hey guys,

If App looses one more they are in jeopordy of not making it. That would be three league defeats. I can't remember there ever being a SoCon team with three league defeats getting in. I'm pulling for Appy, especially since I'm married to one.

I do think the Michigan win will go a long way. But to feel really safe they need to win out and finish 9-2.

Good luck, especially against Furple.

Peace

appfan2008
October 22nd, 2007, 07:53 PM
Hey guys,

If App looses one more they are in jeopordy of not making it. That would be three league defeats. I can't remember there ever being a SoCon team with three league defeats getting in. I'm pulling for Appy, especially since I'm married to one.

I do think the Michigan win will go a long way. But to feel really safe they need to win out and finish 9-2.

Good luck, especially against Furple.

Peace

yes but there has never been a three loss socon team with a 4-0 ooc including a win at michigan who was also the 2 time defending you know what... i think those 2 facts would push us over the edge at 8-3

AlphaSigMD
October 22nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
4-0 will be difficult if we continue to miss tackles every play. We played poor defense for nearly 3 quarters in the gsu game. Some may say that we still had the chance to win, but 2 key mistakes in really gave us a mountain to climb. Valient effort, but too little too late. It would be easy to the team to say "well, 30 seconds more and what if"...but i certainly hope this team does not. Because JF humilated our defense at home, and if we continue to play like that, ASU will not just lose in the playoffs, we might not make it there at all.

Luckly, ASU still has a gifted offense, and hopefully another week will help AE get back into the swing of things and hopefully not give away his passes with his eyes. 4-0 is possible, but only if they cut the finesse crap, stop depending on the offense to rack up the points and start to tackle like they mean it.

I hear people on these boards being down and out about possibly being away from Kidd Brewer for the bulk of the playoffs. Ok, well it certainly helps to be at home, I don't think anyone really wants to see us on their side of the brackets too early. Plus, part of being a champion is being able to win on the road. If you can't do it convincingly during the regular season, then you are forced to prove that you can during the playoffs. And then if you still don't prove it in the playoffs, then you certainly don't deserve to be the champion.

drpnut
October 22nd, 2007, 08:00 PM
appfan2008

Good points. New Hampshire got in last year at 8-3, 4-3. They took Wofford's spot. or Montana St. did.

You all do have a lot stronger history than Wofford, and you do know we have been hosed at least twice when we were 9-3 and 8-3. You never know how fickle the committee is. No doubt your Michigan win was big, and you will put a whole town in Kidd-Brewer, but I think the only way you feel really safe is to win out. If yu go 8-3 the committee will really be looking at that 3-3 record to close the season.

Best of luck.

By the way, the only way I feel safe for Woffy is for them to win out. If we drop another one it might be lights out for us. However, if we both finish 8-3 and you get a bid, they would have to give us one seeing that we would be 5-2 in league.

Peace