PDA

View Full Version : Fan Dedication

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 22nd, 2007, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure if this thread belongs here or in the Lounge, but I'm going to start here and let the mods decide.

As many of you know I'm a fairly rabid traveler following my Wildcats, but I was truly humbled this past Saturday at Hofstra when I heard another person's story. I arrived early to tailgate with compadres 05, OxSox and YorkCounty among others. Fairly soon thereafter I met an alum from the class of 1959. After listening to his travel details, I stopped bitching about the gridlock endured earlier on the Throgs Neck Bridge! He was traveling alone and is about 70 years old. His itinerary on Saturday morning:

Bus from Portsmouth, NH to Boston's Logan Airport
Plane from Logan to JFK
Subway from JFK to Jamaica
Train from Jamaica to Hempstead
Not sure if he walked or took a taxi or a bus from the Hempstead Train Station!

And he planned to repeat this after the game!! xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx Although I think some local alums were going to take him to Jamaica or JFK.

It never ceases to amaze me at the loyalty and love for our FCS alma maters that many alumni and fans display!!!! xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

UDBlueLotFan
October 22nd, 2007, 11:30 AM
...and your UNH SuperFan wanted to know if the game was going to be televisedxnonox The old-timer sounds like he's the REAL SuperFanxthumbsupx

Seawolf97
October 22nd, 2007, 08:09 PM
I'm not sure if this thread belongs here or in the Lounge, but I'm going to start here and let the mods decide.

As many of you know I'm a fairly rabid traveler following my Wildcats, but I was truly humbled this past Saturday at Hofstra when I heard another person's story. I arrived early to tailgate with compadres 05, OxSox and YorkCounty among others. Fairly soon thereafter I met an alum from the class of 1959. After listening to his travel details, I stopped bitching about the gridlock endured earlier on the Throgs Neck Bridge! He was traveling alone and is about 70 years old. His itinerary on Saturday morning:

Plane from Logan to JFK

And he planned to repeat this after the game!! xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx Although I think some local alums were going to take him to Jamaica or JFK.

It never ceases to amaze me at the loyalty and love for our FCS alma maters that many alumni and fans display!!!! xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

THATS FAN SUPPORT xbowx

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 22nd, 2007, 08:38 PM

Plane from Logan to JFK

Gotta love Wildcat Nation diehards! ... and those of so many other great FCS football programs! A role model for all of us, .... and CT Alum, you are, as well!! xbowx

appfan2008
October 22nd, 2007, 08:42 PM
that is really impressive...

Uncle Buck
October 22nd, 2007, 08:57 PM
Shoot i was there and met the guy, he looked older than 70. Tell you what, he definitely made his way around. Here's to may more roadtrips in his future. xbeerchugx

blukeys
October 22nd, 2007, 09:02 PM
Jim. I know this is the guy you aspire to be in the future. I look forward to the same. xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

LeopardFan04
October 22nd, 2007, 09:37 PM
Great story. Thanks for sharing, UNH...