PDA

View Full Version : AGS Faithful

appstate38
October 21st, 2007, 08:25 PM
This maybe a repeat subject but given that I have only been on here a short time, you guys will bear with me.

So the question is.... How Many of the faithful AGS posters on here actually played football at one of our FCS schools.

I played at App when Coach Moore first arrived. I spent my freshman year with Sparky Woods, but the rest of my time there was under Coach Moore.

Mountain Panther
October 21st, 2007, 08:27 PM
This maybe a repeat subject but given that I have only been on here a short time, you guys will bear with me.

So the question is.... How Many of the faithful AGS posters on here actually played football at one of our FCS schools.

I played at App when Coach Moore first arrived. I spent my freshman year with Sparky Woods, but the rest of my time there was under Coach Moore.

If I had to guess, I would say that the majority of the members on here did not play for the school they support.

gophoenix
October 21st, 2007, 08:32 PM

Or how many were in the band, cheerleaders, Student ATC, equipment managers or anything else associated with the game day atmosphere.

I was a band member (and one season cross country member)

Franks Tanks
October 21st, 2007, 08:34 PM
I played o-line for the Leopards a few years back.

Seawolf97
October 21st, 2007, 08:38 PM
If I had to guess, I would say that the majority of the members on here did not play for the school they support.

I ran track and cross country at Buffalo State ( SUNY) -they didnt have football when I was there. My best mile time was 4:12:08. Became a fan of Stonybrook when my daughter went there from 1993 to 1997. They were the Stonybrook Patriots in their D 3 days I have been following them ever since. So I have been able to watch their evolution which is still happening. It has been a great trip.

rcny46
October 21st, 2007, 09:06 PM
I wasn't a big football junkie in my younger days ( I have since seen the error of my ways).Too wrapped up in baseball I guess.I ended up playing 4 years of that sport at The Citadel- 1 yr on the plebe team,three on the varsity for the legendary Chal Port back in the late 60's.

CoastalFan2005
October 21st, 2007, 09:12 PM
I was a marching band member for all 4 years of my undergrad here at CCU.

patssle
October 21st, 2007, 09:12 PM
I work for athletics as their video guy as a student. I graduate in less than 2 months.

FormerPokeCenter
October 21st, 2007, 09:15 PM
I was an offensive lineman for McNeese too many years ago for it to have any relevance at all. I've made the cross over from ex-jock to full-fledged football fan...

Reed Rothchild
October 21st, 2007, 09:21 PM
I played oline at UNI

ASUdrummer
October 21st, 2007, 09:24 PM
I'm the Drum Captain here at ASU now but have been involved in sports my whole life. Played baseball, soccer, basketball and golf in high school but since then I've become obsessed with football. If I regret one thing it's not playing organized football in my youth. Oh well, I can still throw it around on game day xthumbsupx

rmutv
October 21st, 2007, 09:31 PM
I don't play for the team, I cover them.

grizband
October 21st, 2007, 09:59 PM
I was in the marching band during my time at Montana.

SeattleGriz
October 21st, 2007, 10:10 PM
Too slow for Div I football, but won two national military cycling championships and got invited to the US Olympic Training Center twice for bicycling.

USDFAN_55
October 21st, 2007, 10:11 PM
I played for San Diego

AZGrizFan
October 21st, 2007, 10:14 PM
I followed around behind my best friend (he was the starting TE on the Idaho Vandals) and picked up his rejects....ah, good times.... xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

terrierbob
October 21st, 2007, 10:16 PM
I just played. Not for the team, though.

D1B
October 21st, 2007, 11:09 PM
I was the spiritual advisor for Liberty Football in the Mid 80's.

UNHFootballAlum
October 21st, 2007, 11:20 PM
I played SS for UNH in the eighties

TheValleyRaider
October 21st, 2007, 11:20 PM
All 4 years in the Colgate Raider Pep Band, including my stint as Drum Major during the 2005 Calendar year

Peems
October 21st, 2007, 11:57 PM

xlolxxlolxxlolx

xbowxxbowxxbowx

rep points given!!

LeopardFan04
October 22nd, 2007, 12:20 AM

xlolx xlolx xlolx

I graced Fisher Field several times, but only as a member of the choir for the National Anthem or Alma Mater...

UMass922
October 22nd, 2007, 12:39 AM
I was in the Minuteman Marching Band for the '97 to '00 seasons.

uofmman1122
October 22nd, 2007, 01:45 AM
Currently 108th string 12th man for the Griz. xlolx

Haven't played football since Jr. High School in Billings. It was at that time I realized that golf was more accommodating to my size. xlolx

Tribe4SF
October 22nd, 2007, 05:59 AM
Jimmye Laycock and I were teammates at W&M, and yes, we had facemasks.:D

WMTribe90 was an all-conference DE for Laycock.

Death Dealer
October 22nd, 2007, 06:26 AM
I was a trainer at FU

andy7171
October 22nd, 2007, 06:41 AM
I played o-line at Towson(State) in the early 90's.

danefan
October 22nd, 2007, 08:27 AM
I played QB at Albany.....well at least I tried.

WVAPPmountaineer
October 22nd, 2007, 09:18 AM
I played on a high school state championship football team in WV but baseball was my game - was head baseball coach here in NC for a number of years as well as football off/def coordinator at different times but not a head fb coach - Grad of Elon a hundred years ago became App fan when our daughter was accepted there early in '98 and enrolled upon hs graduation in '99 - have missed only a handful of ASU games since --- Those of you parents out there who've have paid tuition to a college for your child which happens to be a different college than you attended can probably feel my conflict ---

HI54UNI
October 22nd, 2007, 12:23 PM

xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

appfan2008
October 22nd, 2007, 01:13 PM
marching band freshman and sophomore years here at asu way back in 04 and 05

now i am just a senior who follows the team around and loves every minute of it...

should be fun down in greenville this weekend!!!

DOME
October 22nd, 2007, 01:15 PM
I spent the five years of my college career helping to grow the tailgating among people that weren't parents or faculty.
I even chartered two motor coaches to bring 100 students to the 05 title game and charged half what the athletic dept was.

Walkon79
October 22nd, 2007, 01:19 PM
I was a (You guessed it) Walkon, in (You guessed it), 1978 / 1979.

aust42
October 22nd, 2007, 01:20 PM
I played linebacker for Delaware many moons ago. Go Hens!!

89Hen
October 22nd, 2007, 02:08 PM
Correct. I played guard for Grambling.

Go...gate
October 22nd, 2007, 02:12 PM
Not good enough to play, but was on the student radio broadcast team waaaay back in the day.

Green26
October 22nd, 2007, 11:40 PM
Wore no. 26 for the Big Green (Dartmouth), as a corner, back in the day. Have nephew playing corner for the Big Green now. He's the 3rd corner from Bozeman High to start for the Big Green since Woodstock. Speaking of Woodstock, while everyone else was there or claiming to have been there, I was home on the ranch artificially inseminating cattle and haying. Didn't even know Woodstock had occurred till I got back to college. Used to train by running over the prairie in cowboy boots. Thought it would make me tougher. Don't know if it made me tougher, but it sure made my feet sore.

JALMOND
October 23rd, 2007, 01:38 AM
No ties to Portland State, other than my move to Portland coincided with the Vikings move to the Big Sky. Having followed the Big Sky, and many friends on both sides of the Cat/Griz rivalry, I was glad to finally have a team of my own in the conference that I've enjoyed watching for 30+ years.

ngineer
October 23rd, 2007, 12:31 PM
Two years wearing the Brown & White (years before the 'old gold' trim). Was originally a WR as freshman but switched to DB Soph year after gaining 30 lbs and losing a little forward speed in the process..:o

JMUSaxMRD
October 23rd, 2007, 01:31 PM
I'm in the band, and with a good football team it never hurts to follow em. In high school my teams were horrible so I didn't care much, but college is just another atmosphere which is much more fun.