PDA

View Full Version : Question for GA Southern fans

WVAPPmountaineer
October 21st, 2007, 11:26 AM
First, congrats on the win yesterday - Secondly, sorry if I missed this info in another post - My question (as I have only seen GSU on tv at Elon and in person yesterday) is - Has Foster been used earlier this season as a running back / slot receiver, etc? --- It was absolutely a great game plan by the GSU coaches and it looked like (not just looked like) our defense was not prepared for those alignments --- Great win for you guys! ---

straightshooter
October 21st, 2007, 12:27 PM
That was the first time that Foster has been at RB or WR this season. Hatcher has been grooming Billy Lowe to get him some playing time. That was really Billy's first real extended action. He threw a TD pass against WCU, but he has really not played much. Certainly not like yesterday. Most think that the freshman will be the next GSU QB, and he will be perfect for the real Hatch Attack.

Not surprising that the App D looked a littled befuddled when they saw that alignment. Got to admit that using Lowe, who is a really good passer, with Foster along side or out at WR, will be tough for defenses the rest of the way. Foster is still the QB, but Lowe will come in on certain situations.

Blueandwhitefightfight
October 21st, 2007, 01:32 PM
That was the first time that Foster has been at RB or WR this season. Hatcher has been grooming Billy Lowe to get him some playing time. That was really Billy's first real extended action. He threw a TD pass against WCU, but he has really not played much. Certainly not like yesterday. Most think that the freshman will be the next GSU QB, and he will be perfect for the real Hatch Attack.

Not surprising that the App D looked a littled befuddled when they saw that alignment. Got to admit that using Lowe, who is a really good passer, with Foster along side or out at WR, will be tough for defenses the rest of the way. Foster is still the QB, but Lowe will come in on certain situations.

I have been going to practice lately and think Lee Chapple is even better than Billy Lowe. Next years QB battle should be intense but great if you are a GSU fan.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 21st, 2007, 03:31 PM
I have been going to practice lately and think Lee Chapple is even better than Billy Lowe. Next years QB battle should be intense but great if you are a GSU fan.

is Chapple redshirted for this year?

KJ Eagle
October 21st, 2007, 10:58 PM
is Chapple redshirted for this year?

yes. I have only seen him on film, but he looks pretty impressive, too. I can't wait to see who wins out between the two of them next year. Competition will only make them better, and they are already pretty darn good!

Seven Would Be Nice
October 21st, 2007, 11:08 PM
I will miss Foster next year, he has been a very exciting player to watch the past four years. Lowe gives me something to look forward to next year!!