PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the SoCon

ChickenMan
October 21st, 2007, 07:53 AM
It appears as if a few of the 'little sisters' have grown up. Thanks to vast improvement by Elon.. the Citadel.. Wofford and GSU.. you have a very competitive conference.

Now if we could just get some of that type competition going out in the Big Sky... ;)

YoUDeeMan
October 21st, 2007, 08:37 AM
It appears as if a few of the 'little sisters' have grown up. Thanks to vast improvement by Elon.. the Citadel.. Wofford and GSU.. you have a very competitive conference.

Now if we could just get some of that type competition going out in the Big Sky... ;)

I agree. It has been nice to see the improved competition in the SoCon. xnodx Even the big fourth, Woffy, got stung by one of the old doormats.

However, since the big three have the most posters on AGS, most folks on here are probably not all that gung-ho on this topic. :D ;)

terrierbob
October 21st, 2007, 09:09 AM
Gung!xsmileyclapx

blueballs
October 21st, 2007, 09:49 AM
I agree. It has been nice to see the improved competition in the SoCon. xnodx Even the big fourth, Woffy, got stung by one of the old doormats.

However, since the big three have the most posters on AGS, most folks on here are probably not all that gung-ho on this topic. :D ;)

The Socon is quite the roller coaster this year. Is it me or are all the games nailbiters pretty much regardless of who is playing?

PaladinFan
October 21st, 2007, 09:53 AM
Starting to look like the SEC...you'd best show up for every game or you'll get run out of the stadium.

In past seasons there was three big games a year, Furman/App, App/GSU, GSU/Furman. This season you look at the schedule and realize theres a lot of fun football left to play. Every team still has big games left.

CamelCityAppFan
October 21st, 2007, 10:05 AM
While I am still reeling a bit from yesterday's game, I think it's great that we have such competitive play in the SoCon. Makes the SoCon teams better when they reach the playoffs.

People seem to have forgotten that in last years Championship season, we beat Wofford only 14 - 7 at home, and had to go to overtime on the road to beat Georgia Southern 27-20. We got to the playoffs and pretty much crushed those three opponents before meeting UMass in a close champ game.

PaladinFan
October 21st, 2007, 10:16 AM
I think that loss to GSU might have a lot of implications for the playoffs. What ASU has done winning two national championships is incredible. What they haven't done is win playoff games at other team's stadiums.

That second conference loss might force the Apps, if they make it, to play on the road in the playoffs. Something they haven't done in their past two NC runs.

proasu89
October 21st, 2007, 11:08 AM

Quite smuggly he says. xeyebrowx Please don't speak for me but I'm all for the improved competition from top to bottom. xpeacex