PDA

View Full Version : LFN: HC 59. Lehigh 10, final

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Ouch.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Umass74
October 20th, 2007, 09:05 PM
The Cross is a very good offensive team. They threw 62 times against us.

They could very well win the Patriot League this year.

ngineer
October 20th, 2007, 09:54 PM
A couple weeks ago, I posted that we lost at Fordham primarily by self-destruction. However, today, Holy Cross totally dominated Lehigh in a way that I can't recall when in the past. Yes, two of the TD's were INT's returned for touchdowns, but our defense had not answer for HC's offense. Andy Coen has a major problem on his hands. A close review of the tape on Sunday should tell us whether he starts the rebuilding now, or still attempts to salvage a winning year. Some of the worst 'tackling' I've seen in a long time from Lehigh players. I am sorry to say that it appeared some have lost their heart and will, and therefore should let the future get an early start, starting next week against Georgetown. HC's head man, Tom Gilmore was Lehigh's DC just four years ago..and his Crusaders looked eerily reminiscient of the Lehigh juggernaut of the late 1990's.
The game in two weeks between Fordham and Holy Cross will likely be for all the marbles..Whodathunkit back in August. The balance of power in the PL has taken a seismic shift.

LehighFan11
October 20th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Coen needs to forget about the future. He has 4 games left and if he gives up and goes for a rebuilding year, he might not be back for that year. He needs to make few personnal changes along with a team attutide change. They need to get ready for Lafayette. I could careless at this point if they lose to gtown, bucknell and colgate because Lehigh has no chance at the playoffs. They must beat Lafayette though.

ngineer
October 20th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Coen needs to forget about the future. He has 4 games left and if he gives up and goes for a rebuilding year, he might not be back for that year. He needs to make few personnal changes along with a team attutide change. They need to get ready for Lafayette. I could careless at this point if they lose to gtown, bucknell and colgate because Lehigh has no chance at the playoffs. They must beat Lafayette though.

I certainly agree that a major effort must be made to beat Lafayette...and agree that the planning should begin now. At the same time, there were some players out there today whose heads or hearts were not in the game, and it won't help to let them infect the rest to the team. Perhaps a game or two on the 'pine' can get their heads screwed back on right.

colgate13
October 20th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Coen ain't going anywhere next year. That's wishful thinking.

ngineer
October 20th, 2007, 10:29 PM

I agree...but I think a couple Coordinators may be looking for work.xsmhx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2007, 10:56 PM

I'm not sure I agree. If he loses to Lafayette to go along with the worst-ever home loss in Goodman Stadium history, I wonder if he survives.

To be honest, I'm just wondering if we'll win another game. Seriously.

DFW HOYA
October 20th, 2007, 11:00 PM
I'm not sure I agree. If he loses to Lafayette to go along with the worst-ever home loss in Goodman Stadium history, I wonder if he survives.

I can't imagine Coen would be in that kind of trouble. I know fans can be tough, though--I remember the board chatter a couple of years ago on Lembo's record and it wasn't all that bad.

Pard4Life
October 20th, 2007, 11:33 PM

You don't care if you lose to Georgetown? Being a 2011.. maybe you are somewhat naive here.. the Hoyas have as nearly as many wins in their PL history (2001-2007) as Lehigh or anyone else gets in an undefeated league season...

LBPop
October 21st, 2007, 07:52 PM
You don't care if you lose to Georgetown? Being a 2011.. maybe you are somewhat naive here.. the Hoyas have as nearly as many wins in their PL history (2001-2007) as Lehigh or anyone else gets in an undefeated league season...

To put it in a slightly different perspective, Saturday's victory put this year's seniors into double digit victories for their entire career. So, who's gonna be lucky #11? History says it won't be Lehigh, but it won't be quite as easy as it has been and what good is logic anyway when one team is coming off an emotional win and the other may be starting to doubt itself?

ngineer
October 21st, 2007, 09:28 PM
To put it in a slightly different perspective, Saturday's victory put this year's seniors into double digit victories for their entire career. So, who's gonna be lucky #11? History says it won't be Lehigh, but it won't be quite as easy as it has been and what good is logic anyway when one team is coming off an emotional win and the other may be starting to doubt itself?

The Big Question to be answered on Saturday is whether this Lehigh team comes out with fire in their eyes --still with a chance at a winning season. How one deals with adversity is the best measuring stick of one's character.