PDA

View Full Version : Big Win for Del State!

Ivytalk
October 20th, 2007, 08:20 PM
The Del State Hornets took a big step toward the MEAC crown with an inspiring 25-17 Homecoming win over Morgan State today! Who'da thunk it? Keep it goin'!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xnodx xnodx

TexasTerror
October 20th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Not surprised by their defeating Morgan State...

A change of the guard in the MEAC with DelSt and NSU? What happened to SCST and HU?

Punchykky
October 20th, 2007, 08:39 PM
SCSU beat HIU today.

R.A.
October 24th, 2007, 10:11 AM
SCSU hasn't gone anywhere... they play Del State for SCSU homecoming this weekend.

SCSU can still win the MEAC.

HIU 93
October 24th, 2007, 10:14 AM
HIU hasn't gone anywhere either. We will finish this season either 8-3 or 7-4. We'll be back, don't worry.

GannonFan
October 24th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Orangeburg is a tough place to play - if DSU keeps playing like they have these past couple of weeks then they'll be looking up at both SCSU and Norfolk St after this weekend.

andy7171
October 24th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Did anyone see the bogus way DSU scored on Morgan to win? The Morgan State RB crossed to goalline, fumbled and then a Hornet ran it back 100 yards. Morgan State won that game. Del State got lucky.

And since it was two MEAC teams playing, I can't call racism on the refs! :D

HIU 93
October 24th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Did anyone see the bogus way DSU scored on Morgan to win? The Morgan State RB crossed to goalline, fumbled and then a Hornet ran it back 100 yards. Morgan State won that game. Del State got lucky.

And since it was two MEAC teams playing, I can't call racism on the refs! :D

Y'all are going to leave these referees alone.xlolx

R.A.
October 24th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Orangeburg is a tough place to play - if DSU keeps playing like they have these past couple of weeks then they'll be looking up at both SCSU and Norfolk St after this weekend.

I agree.

R.A.
October 24th, 2007, 10:26 AM

This is why when other conferences talk about how bad their refs are, I laugh.

MEAC refs are the worst in Division I... period.

ChickenMan
October 24th, 2007, 10:32 AM
The Del State Hornets took a big step toward the MEAC crown with an inspiring 25-17 Homecoming win over Morgan State today! Who'da thunk it? Keep it goin'!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xnodx xnodx

I hope they win the MEAC.. but I was not impressed with their performance vs Morgan St. Del St was VERY fortunate to come away with the win.. they will have to play much better to get a win at South Carolina St.

OL FU
October 24th, 2007, 10:33 AM
SC State wins this weekend.xthumbsupx

So what happens to the conference title if the above occurs and Del St beats Norfolk St. Three way tie, who gets the bid? or have I missed a game somewhere

andy7171
October 24th, 2007, 11:11 AM
SC State wins this weekend.xthumbsupx

So what happens to the conference title if the above occurs and Del St beats Norfolk St. Three way tie, who gets the bid? or have I missed a game somewhere

Someone posted the MEAC tie breaker to determine the conference champ.

UMass922
October 24th, 2007, 12:25 PM

I saw no clear evidence that the MSU player crossed the goal line. From the goal-line camera angle, it sure looked like the ball had started to squirt loose before he got there.

ChickenMan
October 24th, 2007, 12:30 PM
I saw no clear evidence that the MSU player crossed the goal line. From the goal-line camera angle, it sure looked like the ball had started to squirt loose before he got there.

I agree.. the replay wasn't conclusive.. but it did appear that the ball was out prior to crossing the goal-line.

UMass922
October 24th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I agree.. the replay wasn't conclusive.. but it did appear that the ball was out prior to crossing the goal-line.

What seemed to happen--and this is what I think is misleading some people--is that a lot players stopped playing, assuming a touchdown. Huge credit to Del St. for "playing to the whistle," as it were.

andy7171
October 24th, 2007, 12:38 PM
:D IT WAS HOMECOOKIN', I TELL YA!!!! HOMECOOKIN'!!!! :D

GannonFan
October 24th, 2007, 12:43 PM
What seemed to happen--and this is what I think is misleading some people--is that a lot players stopped playing, assuming a touchdown. Huge credit to Del St. for "playing to the whistle," as it were.

Actually, the refs were partly to blame for the confusion - one ref on the side signalled TD while the other ref let the play continue.