PDA

View Full Version : Scott Riddle SoCon FOY?

ElonPride
October 20th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Dude went crazy against Wofford today....41-51 with 343 yards and 3 TDS.

He set another school record for single game completions.

For the Season through 7 games:
2207 Passing Yards
20 Passing Tds (7 INTs)
4 Rushing Tds

WoCoTerrier
October 20th, 2007, 05:11 PM
I can't disagree, he picked our defense apart, and we're near the top in the country in INTs.

BestOfBreed
October 20th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Duh :) He should have been everyone's ROY pick before today and did nothing but solidify it this afternoon.

ElonPride
October 20th, 2007, 05:14 PM
I can't disagree, he picked our defense apart, and we're near the top in the country in INTs.

I think your D leads the country in INTs (17 on the year I think).

BestOfBreed
October 20th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Btw, Lembo should be coach of the year in the SoCon.

WoCoTerrier
October 20th, 2007, 05:15 PM
I think its just 15, but either way, we're supposed to be pretty good at pass defense.

seantaylor
October 20th, 2007, 05:16 PM
If Zeke Rozier didn't get hurt, it would have been a tight race. Now Riddle has it locked up.

ElonPride
October 20th, 2007, 05:17 PM
I think its just 15, but either way, we're supposed to be pretty good at pass defense.

Yeah, JUST 15 xsmiley_wix

ElonPride
October 20th, 2007, 05:18 PM
If Zeke Rozier didn't get hurt, it would have been a tight race. Now Riddle has it locked up.

I've been watching your game on TV today......very impressive so far.

If GSU wins, that should mean 5 SoCon teams SHOULD be ranked (GSU, ASU, Wofford, Elon & El Cid).

WoCoTerrier
October 20th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Yeah, JUST 15 xsmiley_wix

Yeah, its similar to how Riddle was JUST 41 for 51. xsmiley_wix

terrierbob
October 20th, 2007, 06:04 PM
How Elon got that kid is beyond me. I'll bet he'll be playing on Sundays. FU foks: how does he look compared to Martin?

ElonPride
October 20th, 2007, 06:06 PM
How Elon got that kid is beyond me. I'll bet he'll be playing on Sundays. FU foks: how does he look compared to Martin?

Riddle said he never wanted to play for Elon, but once Lembo came on board, re realized it was a GREAT fit for him..........that and his dad was a pretty darn good LB for Elon in the glory days!!!!!

appstate38
October 20th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Riddle is without a doubt the FOY....

Bigger question... Who is POW in the SoCon. Foster or Riddle or both.

ElonPride
October 20th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Riddle is without a doubt the FOY....

Bigger question... Who is POW in the SoCon. Foster or Riddle or both.

POW will probably be split......

Player of the YEAR probably goes to Foster if they make the playoffs. GSU would be lost without him under center. Foster will CERTAINLY be seen in some capacity at the next level (NFL).......maybe as a receiver or on the return team.

FUwolfpacker
October 20th, 2007, 07:13 PM

Yep. The local programs really missed the boat on this kid. I saw him at the shrine bowl last year and he looked impressive to me. I found it hard to believe he didn't have an FBS offer. I know NC State was recruiting him (probably could have used him this year), but I don't how serious it was. I think NCSU, UNC, ECU, Wake, and Duke would all love to have him now.

"Btw, Lembo should be coach of the year in the SoCon."

If this keeps up he'll get both the SoCon and the National coach of the year awards.

lizrdgizrd
October 20th, 2007, 09:14 PM
I think Riddle is at least the SoCon FOY. Should definitely be on the FCS FOY list. xnodx

seantaylor
October 21st, 2007, 12:04 AM
Riddle is amazing, but GSU's freshman class has to be one of the best, if not the best, in the FCS. Billy Lowe should be our 4th different freshman to get Socon Player of the week honors(Chris Teal, Zeke Rozier, EJ Webb)

Eagle22
October 21st, 2007, 12:09 AM
If Riddle isn't named the SoCon FOY, it will be a crime.

He'll have my vote at the end of the season.

SirApp
October 21st, 2007, 02:53 AM
To answer the title of the thread......

Yes.

blueballs
October 21st, 2007, 07:34 AM
If Riddle isn't named the SoCon FOY, it will be a crime.

He'll have my vote at the end of the season.

Absolutely... and it should be a unanimous vote in his favor.

GoldandBlack
October 21st, 2007, 12:00 PM
Without a doubt in my mind- that goes for FOY to Riddle and COY for Lembo.

Simply outstanding performance yesterday.xoopsx