PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh-Holy Cross thread

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2007, 11:57 AM
If anyone could post updates on the LU-HC game i'd greatly appreciate it. I'm at work and can't keep track of the game.

hvsader
October 20th, 2007, 12:14 PM
hc 7-0, 8 plays 64 yds...12:22 remaining

Spoke
October 20th, 2007, 12:14 PM
HC marches down the field on first possession, Randolph to Harrison, 7-0.

Spoke
October 20th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Lehigh punts, downs on HC 13. First play from scrimmage, Randolph pass to McDermott to Lehigh 48.

Spoke
October 20th, 2007, 12:29 PM
14-0 HC, Randolph to Harrison again.

Spoke
October 20th, 2007, 12:43 PM
21-3 HC, Gass with a 75 yard TD run, beginning of 2nd quarter.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2007, 12:56 PM
This is an absolute embarassment. It almost sounds as if the players have quit.

travelinman67
October 20th, 2007, 01:02 PM
This is an absolute embarassment. It almost sounds as if the players have quit.

Ck your PM's.

Spoke
October 20th, 2007, 01:04 PM
24-3 HC, mid 2nd

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Lehigh some how scored at the end of the 2nd quarter to make 24-10 HC at half.

Spoke
October 20th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Gass 5 yard TD run, Holy Cross 31 Lehigh 10, mid 3rdQ.

Spoke
October 20th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Kielt 1 yd TD run, 38-10 HC, late 3rdQ

Spoke
October 20th, 2007, 02:23 PM
45-10 HC

ChickenMan
October 20th, 2007, 02:31 PM
45-10 HC

WOW.. xeekx

Spoke
October 20th, 2007, 02:36 PM
52-10 HC, start of the 4th.

DFW HOYA
October 20th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Final was 59-10.

Go...gate
October 20th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Sounds again like the Duffner days...a little payback there, perhaps?

Ivytalk
October 20th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Final was 59-10.

Oy gevalt!

Has anyone dragged the river for ngineer?xpeacex ;)

breezy
October 20th, 2007, 08:40 PM
I was at the game today. I was concerned that a Lehigh team that has underperformed all year might somehow erupt today. Instead, it seemed like all the wheels fell off the wagon at once.

Not surprisingly, the HC offense was pretty much unstoppable. Randolph was on target and his receivers were open. The run by Gass up the middle for 74 yards was huge; he outran the Lehigh DBs for the last 40 yards to the end zone. Lehigh got a first down on a fake punt late in the first half and managed to close the halftime deficit to 24-10. Lehigh got the ball to open the second half, but had to punt, and HC promptly moved down the field and upped the lead to 31-10. After that, Lehigh made turnovers one after another -- two interceptions by Mushaweh; the first led to another TD drive and the second was returned for a TD. Lehigh had two more lost fumbles in the 4th quarter and then another interception returned for a TD by a backup HC DB.

The HC defense did fairly well even before the turnovers started. The Lehigh offense seemed fairly unimaginative and the running game did not seem to gell even though there were some occasional big gains. The short passing game was OK, but in the long passing game the Lehigh QB missed open receivers on several occasions.

I sat through a couple of Lehigh drubbings over HC back in the 1990s; it's alot better being on the winning side of these one-sided games, but I felt some empathy for the Mountain Hawks. I was very surprised that they were unable to put up a more competitive battle today.

At the beginning of the season, who would have predicted that HC and Fordham appear headed for a climactic battle in two weeks at Fordham? I recognize Lafayette and perhaps even Colgate are not out of it yet, but the times they are a-changin'.

ngineer
October 20th, 2007, 10:08 PM
I was able to come up for air, Ivy..(the Lehigh River aint that deep). Kudos to the Crusaders. As I posted elsewhere, their offense was eerily reminiscient of Air Lehigh of the late 1990's. Of course, Holy Cross's HC Gilmore was the DC at Lehigh, then, so he certainly was paying attention.
What was most disappointing was the lack of fight. The defense hung in and fought Yale to the death last week. This week, they were like paper dolls..with some horrendous tackling attempts by 'senior leaders'. The DC failed to come up with any kind of plan..Hardly any pressure on the QB..who is excellent and will pick apart any team with all the time in the world. The offense was unimaginative as usual. Threatt started out well, had some passes dropped, and then, himself, got out of sync missing some open receivers and not seeing others open. But HC seems to be prepared for everything we did--both offensively and defensively. I think the tape review should result in some player changes and some serious reassessment of the DC and OC is warranted. This was the worst loss in the 20 year history of Goodman, and the worst home loss since a 63-6 shellacking by Holy Cross in 1987 at Taylor (but when HC still had all scholarship players at the infancy of the Patriot (then Colonial) League).
This was one good ass-whipping...And Gilmore did not run it up. The late turnovers contributed to some of the late scoring.