PDA

View Full Version : SAM HOUSTON V UNIV. OF HOUSTON

kats89
September 6th, 2005, 10:05 AM
I guess we will find out what the new HC has up his sleeve at this game. I can wait for Saturday. I personally feel that the Kats can sneak up on UH and win this game. According to their fans, we don't have a chance in hell.

www.coogfans.com (http://www.coogfans.com)

putter
September 6th, 2005, 10:10 AM
After the Oregon game, I think you can get them too. They can't tackle for anything!

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2005, 11:05 AM
This is a game to look at and I'm not thrilled that the I-AA folks have been so blind to it. You'd think the I-AA folks on this board would pay more attention to the Kats. If the Kats win, I hope you guys finally pay some attention to this ballclub. If not, we'll see how things shake when Missouri State comes to town and we get into SLC action against NW State..

Ivytalk
September 6th, 2005, 11:08 AM
I'll flat-out predict a Kat win!

kats89
September 6th, 2005, 12:05 PM
I'll flat-out predict a Kat win!

Thanks for your support. UH fans seem to think they have far more superior talent than us. I don't know that I will "flat out predict a win", but I do like our chances. :nod:

TT, the interest will grow as the week goes along. There are some other big games as well. Montana going to Oregon is one to watch this weekend.

OL FU
September 6th, 2005, 12:10 PM
This is a game to look at and I'm not thrilled that the I-AA folks have been so blind to it. You'd think the I-AA folks on this board would pay more attention to the Kats. If the Kats win, I hope you guys finally pay some attention to this ballclub. If not, we'll see how things shake when Missouri State comes to town and we get into SLC action against NW State..

So little time, so many games. Now, if I didn't have to work, I would pay a lot more attention to all of the games. Too many ex's to quit work now.

I am not going to predict that the Kats win, but I will predict they should :)

ngineer
September 6th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Doesn't happen too often that schools with virtually the same name, and named after the same person play each other. I suggest Whitney Houston to sing the National Anthem! Go SHS!

kats89
September 6th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Doesn't happen too often that schools with virtually the same name, and named after the same person play each other. I suggest Whitney Houston to sing the National Anthem! Go SHS!

xlolx

GrizFoo
September 6th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Houston looked like an athletic and fairly fast team. Not really a pushover, though also not a great team. I think SHSU can take them, no question.
The SHSU/Houston game will probably be a good game to watch. Both teams have speed and a lot of athletisism. Both have pretty good QB's, who could end up being studs.
It will be a better game to watch than the Griz/Duck game, for the average football fan. The Griz just have no speed at WR, which will be a problem all year, and be a big problem against a team like the Ducks, where big plays are need to keep you in the game.

kats89
September 6th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Houston looked like an athletic and fairly fast team. Not really a pushover, though also not a great team. I think SHSU can take them, no question.
The SHSU/Houston game will probably be a good game to watch. Both teams have speed and a lot of athletisism. Both have pretty good QB's, who could end up being studs.
It will be a better game to watch than the Griz/Duck game, for the average football fan. The Griz just have no speed at WR, which will be a problem all year, and be a big problem against a team like the Ducks, where big plays are need to keep you in the game.

I think it would be awesome if Moses Malone's son Michael Malone (starting WR for SHSU) caught the winning td. :nod:

Green Cookie Monster
September 6th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Are they playing at Robertson or Reliant? Robertson is a great I-AA stadium, (I know the Cougs play IA ball, pun intended). The Kats will make a game, but the Cougs are fast and deeper. Of course there is the old SWC perception of superiority.

kats89
September 6th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Are they playing at Robertson or Reliant? Robertson is a great I-AA stadium, (I know the Cougs play IA ball, pun intended). The Kats will make a game, but the Cougs are fast and deeper. Of course there is the old SWC perception of superiority.

I love your comment it is a great I-AA stadium. That would totally piss the coog faithful off. C'mon cookie Monster, we are in the same conference.

McNeese75
September 6th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Hopefully it will be a good game. The difference in scholarships will probably be felt by the Kats in the second half. Usually, a I-A team's depth and speed (because they do seem to play at a gear above what we are used to seeing) takes it toll later in the game.

But......., Go SLC, give em hell!!!

(and UH does not equal ULM) ;)