PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hear "Herbie" on ESPN radio?

WVAPPmountaineer
October 19th, 2007, 08:08 AM
I listened to the Mike Tirico Show yesterday because Herbstreit was on for the entire show discussing "the parity" in college football. I don't know if he is just so arrogant he can't admit a wrong but he gave our division (FCS) no credit in beating or scaring the **** out of the "big boys" - He laid it all off on the "big boys" not being ready to play and not taking the opponent seriously - ABSOLUTELY not once did he say the APPs, the UNIs, the UMASSs, the UNHs are good teams with good players - NOT ONCE - Some of the other guests made those points - We here in NC have filled his and ESPN's emailboxs about such ignorant comments from their COLLEGE football expert - Just my opinion

appstate38
October 19th, 2007, 08:18 AM
To be honest that was the only reason I watched College Game Day the week after the Michigan game, cause I wanted to see him eat some humble pie. He looked at it but I don't think he took a bite. But who cares about Herbie anyway. He has got to protect his Big Ten roots even if it is his arch rival Michigan.

spelunker64
October 19th, 2007, 08:25 AM
We're going to take care of some of those Big10 "roots" this weekend...

FargoBison
October 19th, 2007, 08:33 AM
I wonder what Herbie would think of this comment from a former Gopher player...

“You would think the talent level would be significantly different but actually it’s the same,” Conzemius said. “North Dakota State does not have the depth but they have starters who would start here.”

Case in point: Conzemius relates a story from last year’s Gopher head coach, Glen Mason, who had all of his assistant coaches break down the NDSU film. He asked each assistant how many NDSU players would make the Gopher two-deep roster.

“It was unusual,” Conzemius said.

He said one Minnesota assistant pegged it at 12 Bison that would be a top two Gopher player. He said Mason put it at nine Bison players.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=181253&section=Columnists&columnist=Jeff%20Kolpack&freebie_check&CFID=60096592&CFTOKEN=30963588&jsessionid=88305862af0d66694149

spelunker64
October 19th, 2007, 08:38 AM
I wonder what Herbie would think of this comment from a former Gopher player...

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=181253&section=Columnists&columnist=Jeff%20Kolpack&freebie_check&CFID=60096592&CFTOKEN=30963588&jsessionid=88305862af0d66694149

I like the Mike Morris slam...xthumbsupx

McNeese_beat
October 19th, 2007, 10:22 AM
I listened to the Mike Tirico Show yesterday because Herbstreit was on for the entire show discussing "the parity" in college football. I don't know if he is just so arrogant he can't admit a wrong but he gave our division (FCS) no credit in beating or scaring the **** out of the "big boys" - He laid it all off on the "big boys" not being ready to play and not taking the opponent seriously - ABSOLUTELY not once did he say the APPs, the UNIs, the UMASSs, the UNHs are good teams with good players - NOT ONCE - Some of the other guests made those points - We here in NC have filled his and ESPN's emailboxs about such ignorant comments from their COLLEGE football expert - Just my opinion

He should ask Tulane's president. This is from a 2003 senate hearing. He's being questioned by Joe Biden of Delaware:

http://www.geauxcowboys.com/images/mcneesequote.wmv

putter
October 19th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Herbstreit is a tool whose ego is so big he could never admit that Michigan got beat by a better team that day. Even Lou Holtz said that App was the better team that day and it was not an upset as far as the two teams on the field that day. He and Mark May need to move to CSTV so they can have a BCS love fest with that other idiot Trev Alberts...

lizrdgizrd
October 19th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Couldn't be that Herbstreit sticks to that "arrogance" because it generates controversy? nah. xsmhx

putter
October 19th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Couldn't be that Herbstreit sticks to that "arrogance" because it generates controversy? nah. xsmhx

He is not that smart!xnodx His problem is that he was a QB at Ohio St and there is no way that any team not from the almighty BCS could upset one of his beloved Big 10 teams. He would rather slam any team from a lower division. It is easier than actually doing some homework and seeing that FCS players are that good.

Appaholic
October 19th, 2007, 11:26 AM

This is the same A55 who stated the BCS is wonderful, because it makes every game important. Um, Herbie, take a look at the FCS playoff format.......every regular season game is very important as that is what allows you to get in the playoffs.....what a tool...xnonono2x

97Torero
October 19th, 2007, 12:18 PM
Say what you will, but herbstreit and the gang are in the business of selling tv, and they do it quite well. And their primary audience is the one filling stadiums of up to and over 100K fans. The gameday crew is almost entirely about selling the product and the product is not FCS football.

anvilhead
October 19th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Herbie is still smoking ......and blowing his Ihio State Horn

putter
October 19th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Say what you will, but herbstreit and the gang are in the business of selling tv, and they do it quite well. And their primary audience is the one filling stadiums of up to and over 100K fans. The gameday crew is almost entirely about selling the product and the product is not FCS football.

I agree but that still does not excuse someone from at least giving those kids, which play just as hard, the credit they deserve.

lizrdgizrd
October 19th, 2007, 12:37 PM
I don't know if he's a tool, but he plays one on TV. xnodx

WVAPPmountaineer
October 19th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Couldn't be that Herbstreit sticks to that "arrogance" because it generates controversy? nah.

You know I thought that for the first week or so but now I say it is just plain arrogance - he can't admit such a huge mistake!!! It does nothing for the BCS audience to have something like this as controversial. On the radio yesterday he wouldn't even mention the name Appalachian State - He might say something about Michigan's losses, etc, but no mention of ASU - Tirico even played David Jackson's call of the last play with all of Steve Brown's comments as well - but nothing from "Herbie" - I really used to like him but not now and it isn't just about this game - He has become overly arrogant - my opinion

Griz0383
October 19th, 2007, 02:20 PM
I just can't seem to get past his bushy UNIBROW!! Herbie, try using a scythe from time to time you could put your eye out!

APPSTER
October 19th, 2007, 04:44 PM

If Herbstreit is trying to "sell TV", he'd do better to throw a few bones to the I-AA schools. More people will tune in to see a I-AA team play a I-A team if Herbie and his ilk would mention that the top I-AA teams can play. So....it can't be that he's just trying to sell TV...it must be that he's a p**ck.

CamelCityAppFan
October 19th, 2007, 04:51 PM
This is the same A55 who stated the BCS is wonderful, because it makes every game important. Um, Herbie, take a look at the FCS playoff format.......every regular season game is very important as that is what allows you to get in the playoffs.....what a tool...xnonono2x

You would think that these all-BCS all the time morons would realize that there are only a few post-season games that have any meaning (conf. championships, the "title" game).

In the FCS, EVERY post-season game has meaning...

Uncle Buck
October 19th, 2007, 07:04 PM
I don't know if he's a tool, but he plays one on TV. xnodx

I tell you what, he definitely didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express xnonox

Bottom line, the guy comes off as a jerk and someone you would love to take a swing at if you ever saw him in a bar. I'll dot his "i"

Peems
October 19th, 2007, 10:35 PM

I was gonna bring that up too. When I heard him make those comments I couldn't believe it. Every level of football that has a playoff proves how wrong he is. I guess when UD lost UNH it didn't really matter because not every game matters when their is a playoffxrolleyesx. Also the BCS disproves his own theory, when, for example, a LSU teams loses but still has the chance of making the BCS. What a load of bull. I think the NFL should adopt the BCS. The Pats can play whoever has the Strength of Schedule and wins their "division." xrolleyesx But since the NFL has a playoff not all the games matter, heck the Saints just are giving teams a head start with their 1-4 start xsmhx

I hate "I've been smoking excessive Herb...Streit"