PDA

View Full Version : The CSN Way: Are You Kidding Me? Playoffs?

CSN-info
October 19th, 2007, 01:44 AM
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/stats/writers/burton/2007/mora.jpg

The CSN Way: Are You Kidding Me? Playoffs?
Charles Burton, CSN Columnist

This time of year reminds us of the words of former New Orleans Saints and Indianapolis Colts coach Jim Mora’s famous tirade after his team stunk up the joint after a particularly bad loss. Didn’t the 2007 college football season just kick off, oh, last week or so? And you want to talk about playoffs? The truth is that we’re on the brink of Week 8 already, and in less than a month there will be teams across the country awaiting the announcement of the playoff brackets. So Mr. Mora, it is the time to talk about the playoffs.

READ MORE... http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=88329

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Predicts a Nicholls win over McNeese...

AFTER predicting McNeese to win the conference and saying Nicholls is not an at-large right now...

Chuck, your making no logical sense to me!

bluehenbillk
October 19th, 2007, 07:42 AM
I was going to say the same thing about the Nicholls St. issue....

terrierbob
October 19th, 2007, 07:44 AM
The Elon-Wofford score looks about right(I hope). I don't think we'll run away with this one.

citdog
October 19th, 2007, 07:59 AM
If The Citadel goes 8-3 with losses to Wisconsin, Wofford, and App and doesn't make the field of 16 I will lead The South Carolina Corps of Cadets on a march of revenge like this continent hasn't seen since Shermans infamous trip of rape and pillaging from Atlanta to Savannah! I a'int saying, i'm only saying!xwhistlex xwhistlex

Lehigh Football Nation
October 19th, 2007, 08:40 AM

AFTER predicting McNeese to win the conference and saying Nicholls is not an at-large right now...

One consists of projections based on the games that have been played, and the other are my picks. They're different. One is based on stuff that is happened, and the other is something I'm (attempting) to predict.

URMite
October 19th, 2007, 08:45 AM

Despite the explanation in this thread, it does seem interesting that he predicts Cal Poly to get the bid over Nicholls St but that Cal Poly will lose this weekend and Nicholls will win.xeyebrowx

GannonFan
October 19th, 2007, 08:47 AM
One consists of projections based on the games that have been played, and the other are my picks. They're different. One is based on stuff that is happened, and the other is something I'm (attempting) to predict.

Right, way to really take a position on that one!!!!! xlolx xlolx xlolx :p

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/34/88/23398834.jpg

Let's see, if I stay right here, Nicholls can both win the conference and not make the playoffs and I'll be right either way. Excellent.

bluehenbillk
October 19th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Things have really gone downhill this year, last week the SportsNetwork publishes their predictions after the games happen & Young was still QB'ing 'Nova. This column looks to be more for amusement than actual insight.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 19th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Things have really gone downhill this year, last week the SportsNetwork publishes their predictions after the games happen & Young was still QB'ing 'Nova. This column looks to be more for amusement than actual insight.

I'll be looking for YOUR column on national picks any day now. xrolleyesx

bluehenbillk
October 19th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I'll be looking for YOUR column on national picks any day now. xrolleyesx

I do very well on my picks, thank you:

http://www.gohens.net/i-aapool/

89Hen
October 19th, 2007, 09:24 AM
I do very well on my picks, thank you:
xnodx It amazing some of the percentages at gohens. Many people around .800 for the year. xbowx Hey JohnStOnge... where are you?! :p

GannonFan
October 19th, 2007, 09:33 AM
xnodx It amazing some of the percentages at gohens. Many people around .800 for the year. xbowx Hey JohnStOnge... where are you?! :p

We're actually quite objective I-AA (FCS) football fans. Certainly root for the Hens but aren't the crazed homers some fanbases tend to lean towards. xthumbsupx

McNeese75
October 19th, 2007, 09:38 AM

I kinda like it when he picks against the Pokes xnodx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 19th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Look at gohens.net: I'm #6 with my picks xthumbsupx, picking 58% against the "spread".

And I'm 74% on the year picking winners (which includes more games than just the Top 25).

bluehenbillk
October 19th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Look at gohens.net: I'm #6 with my picks xthumbsupx, picking 58% against the "spread".

And I'm 74% on the year picking winners (which includes more games than just the Top 25).

Which puts you below me on both fronts, and look who they give a column to. xrotatehx xwhistlex

89Hen
October 19th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Spread, shmed... I don't even know why I bother with that one. Too random for me.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 19th, 2007, 09:56 AM
I'm four games below bluehenbillk!

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs8/300W/i/2005/352/d/1/__Curse_you__Red_Baron___by_pooterjon.jpg

Curse You, bluehenbillk!

HofstraFB
October 19th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Between CSN and SME they pretty much have the same core teams in. For the most part 14 of the 16 seem to match. however those last two teams seem to differ on everyones bracket. Does that mean lack of quality playoff contenders with one one else really standing out, or many good teams that are just a notch below the rest of the field?

In All three (both SME guys and CSN) the first 14 are all the same. Should we take this as 6 teams really fighting for two spots?

CSN - Eastern Washington and Cal Poly
SME Ray - Montana St and Nicholls St
SME Ralph - Elon and Villanova

Would it really be just 2 of those 6 that will make it in. I notice that Western Illinois is not on anyones list, neither is Citadel.

CID1990
October 19th, 2007, 01:00 PM
If The Citadel goes 8-3 with losses to Wisconsin, Wofford, and App and doesn't make the field of 16 I will lead The South Carolina Corps of Cadets on a march of revenge like this continent hasn't seen since Shermans infamous trip of rape and pillaging from Atlanta to Savannah! I a'int saying, i'm only saying!xwhistlex xwhistlex

I'll bring the cannon crew, Citdog.

Syntax Error
October 19th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Chuck, your making no logical sense to me!That's because the first part is not Chuck's prediction, it is his system results based on games already played.
Using a magical, secret formula which may or may not contain: Citadel starting quarterback Duran Lawson’s shoe size, the total number of wins by Delaware State over in-state schools, and the number of times that Savannah State has applied to (and been rejected by) the MEAC for becoming an all-sports member, I have come up with projections based on every eligible team’s schedule and come up who – if the playoffs were held today – would be in the field of 16. The second part is his humorous predictions on games that have not been played.
CHUCKLES AND THE WEEK AHEAD

BobbyMo
October 19th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Duquesne is hosting Robert Morris this week, not Iona as mentioned in the THREE MORE GAMES I’M WATCHING section.

Seahawks Fan
October 19th, 2007, 01:28 PM
I think you are right about Wagner over CCSU. Wagner is getting better each week. I think we are going to surprise some people this weekend.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 19th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Fixed Bobby Mo, it's being replaced. Thanks for pointing it out.

Syntax Error
October 19th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Duquesne is hosting Robert Morris this week, not Iona as mentioned in the THREE MORE GAMES I’M WATCHING section.Yep, the Iona/Duquesne game is next week. Looks like Chuckles tipped his hand on that game. xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 19th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Yep, the Iona/Duquesne game is next week. Looks like Chuckles tipped his hand on that game. xlolx

:D

The text has already been archived for a, erhm, "future release". xcoolx

OL FU
October 19th, 2007, 02:12 PM
I enjoy the readxthumbsupx

Don't pay any attention to Bill. He is trying not to be Gannonfanxrotatehx xsmiley_wix

bluehenbillk
October 19th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Don't pay any attention to Bill. He is trying not to be Gannonfanxrotatehx xsmiley_wix

I'm confused, is that a compliment towards me, a slam at GF? What?

OL FU
October 19th, 2007, 02:30 PM
I'm confused, is that a compliment towards me, a slam at GF? What?

Both of you. Could it be anything elsexsmiley_wix

URMite
October 19th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Between CSN and SME they pretty much have the same core teams in. For the most part 14 of the 16 seem to match. however those last two teams seem to differ on everyones bracket. Does that mean lack of quality playoff contenders with one one else really standing out, or many good teams that are just a notch below the rest of the field?

In All three (both SME guys and CSN) the first 14 are all the same. Should we take this as 6 teams really fighting for two spots?

CSN - Eastern Washington and Cal Poly
SME Ray - Montana St and Nicholls St
SME Ralph - Elon and Villanova

Would it really be just 2 of those 6 that will make it in. I notice that Western Illinois is not on anyones list, neither is Citadel.

I would say more teams and for 3 spots. Try this, take YSU out of the 14. And then
Nicholls St
3rd gateway (YSU,WIU)
4th gateway (YSU,WIU)
2nd BSC (MSU, EWU)
3rd BSC (MSU, EWU)
3rd SoCon (THE Citadel, Elon, GSU)
4th SoCon (THE Citadel, Elon, GSU)
2nd MEAC (NSU, DSU, HU)
5th CAA (UNH, UR, VU)
6th CAA (UNH, UR, VU)
Cal Poly

That is 15 teams for 3 spots. 2 are likely to go to Nicholls and the 3rd gateway. Then who knows for the last spot, and even the "safe" 13 could completely fall apart.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 23rd, 2007, 05:12 PM
I'm four games below bluehenbillk!

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs8/300W/i/2005/352/d/1/__Curse_you__Red_Baron___by_pooterjon.jpg

Curse You, bluehenbillk!

Now closed the gap to 1 game!!!

MWAH HAH HAH!!! I'm coming to get you!!!!!

http://is3.okcupid.com/users/172/992/17399282546091919201/mt1142000620.gif