PDA

View Full Version : to my fellow Wofford fans who have recently found success and AGS

dungeonjoe
October 16th, 2007, 05:34 PM
It has been a fun ride so far but here are few reminders for the Wofford fans who have found their way to AGS recently.

1. As fun as this year is, we have not been a successful program long enough to be considered one of the true elites. There are programs represented here that know success, we should in no way cheapen that by comparing our relatively new success with theirs. Time will bear us out.

2. Not every word of criticism from AGS posters or SIDs from Gardner Webb deserves an all out attack/response. So what? We don't have to defend our success. Winning is the best defense against any slander. We keep doing it, fairly and honestly (and with humility) that will be response enough.

3. Crow tastes pretty bad. There are plenty here who have tasted it. Wofford has success but it is hard earned and shouldn't be cheapened by being a bad sport toward anyone.

4. Enjoy the messageboards here and other places. You find the best football fans here than in any place in the country. They are quick to congratulate or criticize so hold on for the ride. terrierfans.com is a great place too.

See you onboard!xthumbsupx

woffordgrad94
October 16th, 2007, 05:43 PM
You are SO right about all this, dungeonjoe. Sometimes I myself find it hard to control myself about some things, like the GW debacle, for instance. But I need to keep your words in mind at all times and do so. Why make myself and Wofford College both look bad?

citdog
October 16th, 2007, 05:46 PM
It has been a fun ride so far but here are few reminders for the Wofford fans who have found their way to AGS recently.

1. As fun as this year is, we have not been a successful program long enough to be considered one of the true elites. There are programs represented here that know success, there is no way to cheapen that by comparing our relatively new success with theirs. Time will bear us out.

2. Not every word of criticism from AGS posters or SIDs from Gardner Webb deserves an all out attack/response. So what? We don't have to defend our success. Winning is the best defense against any slander. We keep doing it, fairly and honestly (and with humility) that will be response enough.

3. Crow tastes pretty bad. There are plenty here who have tasted it. Wofford has success but it is hard earned and shouldn't be cheapened by being a bad sport toward anyone.

4. Enjoy the messageboards here and other places. You find the best football fans here that in any place in the country. They are quick to congratulate or criticize so hold on for the ride. terrierfans.com is a great place too.

5. It's THE Citadel!xsmiley_wix

See you onboard!xthumbsupx

fixed it for you Joe!

Go...gate
October 16th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Joe, you are, as always, a class act and a Godly man.

blueballs
October 16th, 2007, 07:10 PM
DungeonJoe is SUCH a class act.

How in the world somebody so nice be in the same conference with App and GSU is beyond me.xlolx

WoCoTerrier
October 16th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Good post Joe, and I know, I will keep it in mind!xthumbsupx

blukeys
October 16th, 2007, 07:21 PM
I suggest we Add Joe's post to OL FU's advice for Newbies. Maybe a reposting of these 2 items just before the playoffs would be of some benefit. It seems the newest on the bandwagon tend to be the most over the top types due to exuberence. The bandwagon fills up when good things happen.

Best of luck to Wofford. Their offense reminds me of UD circa 1992,1993.

Joe and many of the other Wofford faithful help make this a great place to hang out. Some over the top newbies will not change that view of mine. xthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
October 16th, 2007, 07:24 PM
ha, i think the wofford threads have takin over the appalachian ones....success indeed, congrats.

drpnut
October 16th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Joe,

Good post. I like AGS because of the good debates, a little "smack talking" and of course the ocassional laugh.

FCS is the best and we are family, so above all else we need to remember we are all in this together. While I am a SoCon fanatic, other Conferences are just as good or better and have class people.

As long as feelings don't get hurt, and we don't get carried away we will all have a great time on AGS for years to come.

I'm married to an Appy so I know what it is like to take "the heat" about Woffy, and hey (pardon the Southern french) there ain't nothing on AGS that can compare.

HiHiYikas
October 16th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I joined AGS in Novemebr of 2005, during what was at the time a period of unprecedented success for ASU football.

It would have been nice to have had this kind of advice back then. I was probably pretty annoying in those days. I might still be.

drpnut
October 16th, 2007, 07:38 PM
HiHiYikas

Don't be to hard on yourself. We all are passionate and get carried away at times. As long as none of stays obnoxious it will all be fine.

For example I think CitDog is probably one of the most obnoxious guys out there, but I still respect him and like his posts. Nothing is meant to be taken personal, and as long as we know that it is a cool.

Peace

walliver
October 16th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Joe,

Good post. I like AGS because of the good debates, a little "smack talking" and of course the ocassional laugh.

FCS is the best and we are family, so above all else we need to remember we are all in this together. While I am a SoCon fanatic, other Conferences are just as good or better and have class people.

As long as feelings don't get hurt, and we don't get carried away we will all have a great time on AGS for years to come.

I'm married to an Appy so I know what it is like to take "the heat" about Woffy, and hey (pardon the Southern french) there ain't nothing on AGS that can compare.

I think Joe meant to be respectful, not utter heresy.:D

citdog
October 17th, 2007, 07:54 AM
HiHiYikas

Don't be to hard on yourself. We all are passionate and get carried away at times. As long as none of stays obnoxious it will all be fine.

For example I think CitDog is probably one of the most obnoxious guys out there, but I still respect him and like his posts. Nothing is meant to be taken personal, and as long as we know that it is a cool.

Peace

deep down you KNOW I AM RIGHT! and that other thing too!xsmiley_wix

OL FU
October 17th, 2007, 08:09 AM
To all Wofford fans, be obnoxious. It will make next year more fun for the rest of us when we can remind how obnoxious you were this yearxnodx xlolx

phillyAPP
October 17th, 2007, 08:42 AM
To all Wofford fans, be obnoxious. It will make next year more fun for the rest of us when we can remind how obnoxious your were this yearxnodx xlolx

I think Wofford is in a special place leading the conference and isn't leaving anything to go wrong. They are dotting there i's and crossing there t's. Good luck to the Terriers but i hope you lose atleast one more game. xthumbsupx

dungeonjoe
October 17th, 2007, 08:52 AM
To all Wofford fans, be obnoxious. It will make next year more fun for the rest of us when we can remind how obnoxious your were this yearxnodx xlolxwe will follow your example, wise one:D

Eyes of Old Main
October 17th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Good message, Joe, whether our team is winning or losing. It's one thing to win with class, but another to lose with it. Though I hope we don't have to display that characteristic for a while.

blueballs
October 17th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Good message, Joe, whether our team is winning or losing. It's one thing to win with class, but another to lose with it. Though I hope we don't have to display that characteristic for a while.

Winning with class is the most fun thing in sports, losing with class is the hardest.

dungeonjoe
October 17th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Winning with class is the most fun thing in sports, losing with class is the hardest.

In our history, we have had plenty of practice with the harder task.xlolx

OL FU
October 17th, 2007, 09:56 AM
we will follow your example, wise one:D

And what better example could you findxeyebrowx :o xwhistlex

89Hen
October 17th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Don't listen to DJ WC fans... live it up! Delaware hasn't been to the playoffs since 2004 and we're still obnoxious. xthumbsupx

JoltinJoe
October 17th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Wofford has always been represented here by a great group of fans and I think that's why so many people here are pleased to see Wofford do so well.

phillyAPP
October 17th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Wofford has always been represented here by a great group of fans and I think that's why so many people here are pleased to see Wofford do so well.

You are right, the fans are great. Quality people, even after beating APP.
They are on a roll and the TARGET is now on them. APP appreciates it because it lets us focus on winnning without the side issues. The Terriers are good and now have to deal with the pressure of winning. Just remember we are right next to you and getting better every week. Thats what makes this so much fun.

blukeys
October 17th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Don't listen to DJ WC fans... live it up! Delaware hasn't been to the playoffs since 2004 and we're still obnoxious. xthumbsupx

Yes and we're the best at trivia as well!!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

LarryBoy
October 17th, 2007, 04:19 PM
I haven't been on here much recently (something about Furman's current state has left me with slightly less desire to wander these boards), but it's been my experience that the Wofford variety of AGS posters are among the classiest. I may despise the Terriers, but I have no beef with you guys.

citdog
October 17th, 2007, 04:20 PM
I haven't been on here much recently (something about Furman's current state has left me with slightly less desire to wander these boards), but it's been my experience that the Wofford variety of AGS posters are among the classiest. I may despise the Terriers, but I have no beef with you guys.

54-51

OL FU
October 17th, 2007, 04:36 PM
54-51

and If wofford posters are classy, there is always the other end of the spectrum:p xcoolx

citdog
October 17th, 2007, 04:43 PM
and If wofford posters are classy, there is always the other end of the spectrum:p xcoolx

there is indeed!xlolx xrotatehx xnodx :) :D :p xcoolx xsmiley_wix xrulesx xwhistlex xoopsx

phillyAPP
October 17th, 2007, 04:51 PM
there is indeed!xlolx xrotatehx xnodx :) :D :p xcoolx xsmiley_wix xrulesx xwhistlex xoopsx

I wish i could freeze this and put it on my screen saver.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xrotatehx xlolx xlolx xlolx xbawlingx xlolx xlolx xbowx xbowx

Way to funny.

See ya Nov 3.

BigApp
October 17th, 2007, 05:41 PM
dj, I'm certain it is unintentional xsmiley_wix but your avatar appears to say that Wofford is the FCS champion............xeyebrowx

need to fix that. stat.

xlolx

GoldandBlack
October 17th, 2007, 06:11 PM
And what better example could you findxeyebrowx :o xwhistlex

And modest, too!xrolleyesx :D

Go...gate
October 17th, 2007, 06:24 PM
dj, I'm certain it is unintentional xsmiley_wix but your avatar appears to say that Wofford is the FCS champion............xeyebrowx

need to fix that. stat.

xlolx

He's looking ahead!!!! :)

JoltinJoe
October 17th, 2007, 06:30 PM
He's looking ahead!!!! :)

Then he should have a Fordham avatar.xwhistlex

xlolx

dungeonjoe
October 17th, 2007, 08:53 PM

need to fix that. stat.

xlolx

No, it says I am a FCS champion. I champion all of FCS even ASU; Wofford is no more a FCS champion than ASU is a FCS master (your avatar).

Of course, subliminal advertising is an interest of mine.xlolx

walliver
October 17th, 2007, 10:28 PM
No, it says I am a FCS champion. I champion all of FCS even ASU; Wofford is no more a FCS champion than ASU is a FCS master (your avatar).

Of course, subliminal advertising is an interest of mine.xlolx

If you stare at his avatar closely you will notice it flashing:

"You will go to church this Sunday
... and leave lots of cash in the plate"xnodx

Eyes of Old Main
October 17th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I may despise the Terriers, but I have no beef with you guys.

That's just what you say here, no one can truly despise the Terriers. Everyone loves Wofford.

BigApp
October 17th, 2007, 11:45 PM
If you stare at his avatar closely you will notice it flashing:

"You will go to church this Sunday
... and leave lots of cash in the plate"xnodx

he'll have to put the snakes down first!xlolx xlolx xlolx
http://www.ljworld.com/billsnead/gallery/222_snakehandlers_dewey.jpg

BigApp
October 17th, 2007, 11:46 PM
Wofford is no more a FCS champion than ASU is a FCS master (your avatar).

well, we've got 2 inna row! what more do we need to do?? xlolx

dungeonjoe
October 18th, 2007, 05:03 AM
well, we've got 2 inna row! what more do we need to do?? xlolx
You haven't been to six flags over Statesboro lately?

OL FU
October 18th, 2007, 06:17 AM
And modest, too!xrolleyesx :D

You Gold and Black are a kind and well informed poster. However, you neglected to add....."and handsome, as well"xnodx

May wisdom shine in your life.

GreatAppSt
October 22nd, 2007, 10:38 PM
Hard to believe that the loss to Elon has turned back the Wofford posting tide to a greater degree than the sage reverant words from DJ did. What's up with that Joe, are you losing your touch? Are you on the outs? Say it ain't sop Joe!!;) :D

woffordgrad94
October 22nd, 2007, 11:51 PM
I'm still here.

Dome fan
October 23rd, 2007, 12:25 AM
Joe, wow great post by a proud and humble fan! Posters like this win ooc fans. I'll root for wofford less our teams meet on the field!

dungeonjoe
October 23rd, 2007, 04:30 AM
Hard to believe that the loss to Elon has turned back the Wofford posting tide to a greater degree than the sage reverant words from DJ did. What's up with that Joe, are you losing your touch? Are you on the outs? Say it ain't sop Joe!!;) :D
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
It ain't sop:) ;)

We are here, getting a headache trying to figure out the many combinations of the Southern Conference's teams that could go to the playoffs (just like the rest of the board).

dungeonjoe
October 23rd, 2007, 04:34 AM
Joe, wow great post by a proud and humble fan! Posters like this win ooc fans. I'll root for wofford less our teams meet on the field!

Thanks for the good word, Dome fan! I am glad to meet you here on AGS. xthumbsupx

OL FU
October 23rd, 2007, 06:38 AM

xnonox xnonox Don't let Joe fool you. He tells everyone he is a small town preacher. He really works as a fire insurance salesman and doubles in the IT audit department catching message board users getting their fix. xnodx

xsmiley_wix

dungeonjoe
October 23rd, 2007, 07:47 AM
xnonox xnonox Don't let Joe fool you. He tells everyone he is a small town preacher. He really works as a fire insurance salesman and doubles in the IT audit department catching message board users getting their fix. xnodx

xsmiley_wix
...and you really want to know how Cap'n Cat REALLY lost his last job.xthumbsupx