PDA

View Full Version : edwards to play saturday for app

app1995
October 16th, 2007, 03:03 PM
just heard on coach moore con call that edwards will play sat and that he is back to 100%.what will the coachs do if he is rusty,will they leave him in ,or but trey in ball game ,trey has played very good the last 4 games.

AppChicago
October 16th, 2007, 05:02 PM
That's awesome. Yeah, he might be rusty, but if he's healthy, let's rock.

They've got a couple more days to brush the spiderwebs off and get ready to let the SoCon and the world know that he's back.

This is no slight to Trey. He's been fantastic.

AppChicago
October 16th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Sorry. Just noticed this was a duplicate thread.

psc2445
October 16th, 2007, 05:04 PM
just heard on coach moore con call that edwards will play sat and that he is back to 100%.what will the coachs do if he is rusty,will they leave him in ,or but trey in ball game ,trey has played very good the last 4 games.

if he's healthy put him in, he brings a dynamic nobody in FCS brings

Griz0383
October 16th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Whats the chance ASU renting him to the University of Montana for the rest of the season? We really could use something dynamic on offense. To sweeten the deal I will send our offensive coordinator and a million dollars!

ASU88
October 16th, 2007, 07:14 PM
Whats the chance ASU renting him to the University of Montana for the rest of the season? We really could use something dynamic on offense. To sweeten the deal I will send our offensive coordinator and a million dollars!
That would be a defensive move ... just to get him out of our hands. No chance! :)

Griz0383
October 17th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Make it 2 million and we will keep our OC!

phillyAPP
October 17th, 2007, 01:04 PM

How do we sell a franchise QB with so much left in him?

The Griz will be fine and I think you'll figure something out by year end.

xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox xnonox

appfan2008
October 17th, 2007, 01:51 PM
i am worried that armanti in their this season is a mistake:(

ab4app
October 17th, 2007, 02:41 PM
We have good coaches who make those decisions, I wouldnt worry bout it.xnottalkingx

T-Dog
October 17th, 2007, 02:47 PM
We have good coaches who make those decisions, I wouldnt worry bout it.xnottalkingx

Remember Wofford? Same scenario and Armanti looked horrible there.

ab4app
October 17th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Remember Wofford? Same scenario and Armanti looked horrible there.

Good Point, he has had more time to recover though and I think he just aggravated it in that game. He wasnt 100 percent to begin with, that was evident from the start when WOFF intercepted that pass right off the bat. He looked uncomfortable throwing. Hopefully he is fine, You make a good point but hopefully you are wrong. With all that said, remembering we have Trey Elder takes away most of my worries. He has been on fire lately, and I think he has gained more confidence with every victory. I dont think we have seen the best of him yet.

GaSouthern
October 17th, 2007, 03:19 PM
IMO if GSU wins it will be because AE is back, many fans, including me, are happy about AE being back, he tried to hand us a game last year, too bad we had a moron coach :o

I expect more than 5 turnovers in this game total, which team has more will be the question.

minuteman65
October 17th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Are we thinking of the same Armanti Edwards? You'll be fine.

ab4app
October 17th, 2007, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=GaSouthern;696337]IMO if GSU wins it will be because AE is back, many fans, including me, are happy about AE being back, he tried to hand us a game last year, too bad we had a moron coach :o

I expect more than 5 turnovers in this game total, which team has more will be the question.[/

xnodx xnonox xnonono2x We will see bout that, I know we were lucky to get out of Statesboro with a win last year though. That was a crazy game. I am thinkin APP is gonna tighten the reigns on the turnovers starting with this game.

Tailbone
October 17th, 2007, 05:32 PM

ARE YOU CRAZY????

Give 'em 2 mil, RP (our OC), and let 'em keep AE.
It's been said that the only man who could limit Michael Jordan's scoring was Dean Smith....I'd bet RP could do a good job of limiting AE's effectiveness.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 17th, 2007, 05:43 PM
IMO if GSU wins it will be because AE is back, many fans, including me, are happy about AE being back, he tried to hand us a game last year, too bad we had a moron coach :o

I expect more than 5 turnovers in this game total, which team has more will be the question.

Except that John Mohring and Jason Earwood are gone...those guys could force some serious fumbles. If AE is back and is focused, he will have a field day on our less than scary pass rush and secondary xnonono2x . I expect Jayson Foster to cause headaches for theApp defense this time unlike the 2005 game.

LehighFan11
October 17th, 2007, 05:49 PM
How is Armanti all of a sudden a liability to his team? Having him and and healthy makes App St one of the best teams in the country. Rust will wear off very quickly. Don't you remember that game agaisnt michigan and just for the record he hadn't played a game before that one in ahhh 8 months!

Seven Would Be Nice
October 17th, 2007, 06:18 PM
How is Armanti all of a sudden a liability to his team? Having him and and healthy makes App St one of the best teams in the country. Rust will wear off very quickly. Don't you remember that game agaisnt michigan and just for the record he hadn't played a game before that one in ahhh 8 months!

You're right, he played a great game after not playing for 8 months. 5 weeks later he's still hurt. It won't take much to rattle his cage. I'll be shocked to see him finish the game.

KiddBrewer
October 17th, 2007, 07:15 PM
he'll finish the game and rush for 125 yards....xcoffeex

AppChicago
October 17th, 2007, 07:16 PM
You're right, he played a great game after not playing for 8 months. 5 weeks later he's still hurt. It won't take much to rattle his cage. I'll be shocked to see him finish the game.

If I'm not mistaken, he got hurt this summer, aggravated it during the Michigan game, and then was out for a little while. If that happens again, the rest of our season might be rough, but we can still take your lunch money Saturday.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 17th, 2007, 07:23 PM
If I'm not mistaken, he got hurt this summer, aggravated it during the Michigan game, and then was out for a little while. If that happens again, the rest of our season might be rough, but we can still take your lunch money Saturday.

I bet he aggravates it again middle of the 2nd qtr and doesn't come back all season.

pantherfan
October 17th, 2007, 08:29 PM
I bet he aggravates it again middle of the 2nd qtr and doesn't come back all season.

Well if that is the case, he loses a year of eligibility... He sits out the rest of the season he can apply for a medical redshirt. Tough call by the player and coaches...xoopsx

APPSTER
October 17th, 2007, 08:42 PM

You people - GSU and ASU - that are predicting that AE gets hurt again (or will be rusty) are killing me. What else do you "know" about this game?

There is a reason that you can preview your post. There isn't a "stupid" filter....we're counting on you to police yourselves.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 17th, 2007, 08:52 PM
You people - GSU and ASU - that are predicting that AE gets hurt again (or will be rusty) are killing me. What else do you "know" about this game?

There is a reason that you can preview your post. There isn't a "stupid" filter....we're counting on you to police yourselves.

Maybe we are basing our opinions on past events. Did you think about that? He turned the ball over a lot in statesboro last year when we rattled his cage. This year he tried to play in the wofford game, was iffy all game, then came out hurt again, after a few hits. You're right, we are the ones that need the "stupid filter". xrolleyesx xcoffeex

james_lawfirm
October 17th, 2007, 08:55 PM

I don't know. Either scenario seems like a reasonable prediction to me. But, having said that, I truly don't believe Coach Moore would play him at all if he thought he was not fully healed. If Coach Moore is satisfied, then I am.

We'll see on Saturday.

For myself, I would SERIOUSLY consider starting Trey regardless - he's earned it. But, then again I have not been at practice for the last two weeks.

In fact, I will go so far as to say it does not matter which of ASU's two fine QBs starts on Sat. My concern is with the defense. If the D can stop the run & make Foster pass more than he would like, then it will be a long day for the Eagle faithful.

WoCoTerrier
October 17th, 2007, 09:23 PM
I don't know. Either scenario seems like a reasonable prediction to me. But, having said that, I truly don't believe Coach Moore would play him at all if he thought he was not fully healed. If Coach Moore is satisfied, then I am.

I'm not trying to be mean here (ignore the fact that I'm a Wofford fan), but he played him in the Wofford game, and he was clearly not fully healed, so what makes this game different? The fact that the game isn't as big, or that it is later in the season, or that maybe he's being even more sure that AE is fully healed? Just curious.

ASUMountaineer
October 17th, 2007, 09:24 PM

Keep the million and the OC and hopefully you'll get a close up view of what AE can do for your offense on Dec. 14 in Chatty.

WoCoTerrier
October 17th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Ignore my previous post, I see that it was stated that Coach Moore said he was 100%. (Edit wasn't working for me for some reason.)

It was stated earlier that he might be rusty, but that he wasn't that rusty after 8 months off for the Michigan game. But you have to keep in mind that in the Michigan game, no one had played for 8 months. This saturday, he will be going against a defense that has played for 6 straight weeks. He looked rusty in the Wofford game, and that pass he threw for the INT was horrible in my opinion.

ab4app
October 17th, 2007, 09:43 PM
All you people ragging Armanti Edwards about how GSU rattled his cage and all that need to remember one thing about last year, close as it was we won that game and as a freshman, he led us to the National Championship. NUFF SAID. Whatever happens this year, who knows? But seriously how can you bash him xnonox

Seven Would Be Nice
October 17th, 2007, 09:47 PM
All you people ragging Armanti Edwards about how GSU rattled his cage and all that need to remember one thing about last year, close as it was we won that game and as a freshman, he led us to the National Championship. NUFF SAID. Whatever happens this year, who knows? But seriously how can you bash him xnonox

We didn't have a head coach, or a OC. Should be a good game this weekend

Eaglegus2
October 17th, 2007, 10:01 PM
I am glad to see Armanti has healed and ready to play again.

I just hate it is this weekend.xbawlingx

I hope Coach Moore will not run up the score to high.

SoCon48
October 18th, 2007, 01:14 AM
i am worried that armanti in their this season is a mistake:(

You mean like last year and in the Michigan game this year?

SoCon48
October 18th, 2007, 01:15 AM
I am glad to see Armanti has healed and ready to play again.

I just hate it is this weekend.xbawlingx

I hope Coach Moore will not run up the score to high.

He never does.

SoCon48
October 18th, 2007, 01:16 AM

You hope!!!!

james_lawfirm
October 18th, 2007, 05:22 AM
I'm not trying to be mean here (ignore the fact that I'm a Wofford fan), but he played him in the Wofford game, and he was clearly not fully healed, so what makes this game different? The fact that the game isn't as big, or that it is later in the season, or that maybe he's being even more sure that AE is fully healed? Just curious.

I was at the Wofford game. I don't know I would agree with "clearly". When he threw his first pass which was intercepted, he did look like his shoulder was giving him trouble. And, he did take a hit on that shoulder. As another poster has noticed, it seems difficult for coaches to make this decision about whether to play a player after a shoulder injury. I would imagine that AE probably looked fine during practice, and you know he's telling the coaches he wants to play. There are some things that cannot be duplicated in practice.

So, I don't think the GaSo game is any different from that standpoint. We'll see whether he's healed or not. I sure hope so.

I am sure Coach Moore THINKS he's OK, or he would not play him at all.

For myself, I'd start Trey.

The Moody1
October 18th, 2007, 11:40 AM

I'll bet by the time the second quarter rolls around the only thing Armanti will be aggravating is your defense. :D

james_lawfirm
October 18th, 2007, 11:58 AM
I'll bet by the time the second quarter rolls around the only thing Armanti will be aggravating is your defense. :D

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

GaSouthern
October 20th, 2007, 10:07 PM

:p can I say told ya so?

Elder is the better QB from what I saw!