PDA

View Full Version : PVA&M vs SHSU in 2008?

TexasTerror
October 16th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Someone mentioned the possibility of PVA&M playing SHSU on Ronnie Turner's blog in the comment section.

That would be a nice matchup for the Bearkats. The Panthers are vastly improved from the PVA&M that we all remember from the long losing streak. Coach Frazier has done a great job over there and they would probably be in the driver's seat now in the SWAC if not for some poor officiating in their annual Classic against Grambling.

A regional foe, a Division I win (one would hope for the Bearkat fans) and a forray into playing the SWAC, who just lifted the nine-game mandate thereby opening up two more OOC games for SWAC teams.

PVA&M needs some foes. This year, they have a 10-game schedule because they had a few issues with the scheduling side of things (I think someone dropped out on them and they could never fill that spot).

Anyone know anything on this one? Panther88?

Mr. Tiger
October 16th, 2007, 03:31 PM
It would be a nice matchup. I haven't heard anything on it. But PV fans are excited about their program again.

Panther88
October 16th, 2007, 03:34 PM
TT, as far as I'm concerned, this is a done deal. I really haven't heard "officially" (smell me?) if this is a done deal or not but there are rumblings in pantherland about SHSU, SFA, McNeese along w/ Rice on deck. xreadx

It does nothing but makes pretty good sense from a regional and FCS standpoint, although SHSU is eons ahead of where we are currently athletically (kudos).

I wouldn't be surprised to see an announcement regarding this soon. xreadx

Mr. Tiger
October 16th, 2007, 03:38 PM
TT, as far as I'm concerned, this is a done deal. I really haven't heard "officially" (smell me?) if this is a done deal or not but there are rumblings in pantherland about SHSU, SFA, McNeese along w/ Rice on deck. xreadx

It does nothing but makes pretty good sense from a regional and FCS standpoint, although SHSU is eons ahead of where we are currently athletically (kudos).

xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
October 16th, 2007, 03:45 PM

88 -- now that's some regional FCS action! Those are the closest programs to your school and I'm glad to see it happening.

You guys got an improving football squad and I know both of our school's fanbases prefer playing Div I instead of sub-Div I squads. I posted on RT's blog that you guys got the best FCS squad in Texas (not that this says much because the rest of us, TxSo and the SLC are stinking it up this year), but this is not the PVA&M of yesteryear.

Hope you share that info if you hear it and I'll do the same. Perhaps good ole RT could make the trek with Brandon Williams (who apparently is the area reporter for the Chronicle)...

Panther88
October 16th, 2007, 03:50 PM
88 -- now that's some regional FCS action! Those are the closest programs to your school and I'm glad to see it happening.

You guys got an improving football squad and I know both of our school's fanbases prefer playing Div I instead of sub-Div I squads. I posted on RT's blog that you guys got the best FCS squad in Texas (not that this says much because the rest of us, TxSo and the SLC are stinking it up this year), but this is not the PVA&M of yesteryear.

Hope you share that info if you hear it and I'll do the same. Perhaps good ole RT could make the trek with Brandon Williams (who apparently is the area reporter for the Chronicle)...

Yeah, it makes sense to schedule considering our schools are only ~45 miles apart. Your situation @ Bowers is good and could accomodate. Ours? lol Well... lol The Berry Center is the closest venue that could accomodate and it seats 12K (don't quote me on that #).

IMO, I'd think that SFA and TxSt too would be on tap as well as the documented deal w/ UofH that fell through a few yrs ago along w/ Rice. Regional matchups make too much sense. However lol, I would NOT want us to go head to head (just yet lol) w/ a Baylor or tx a&m or "book'em horns" squad from austin. lol

Also, not sure if you heard or not but the State Fair officials are adding a 3rd football game starting in '09(I'll try to find the link that documents) and SHSU along w/ NTx, TCU, SMU, etc was "discussed." :) Also, Tx Tech/Tx A&M matchup and possibly adding OklaSt was also considered. FYI.

mikebigg
October 16th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Someone mentioned the possibility of PVA&M playing SHSU on Ronnie Turner's blog in the comment section.

That would be a nice matchup for the Bearkats. The Panthers are vastly improved from the PVA&M that we all remember from the long losing streak. Coach Frazier has done a great job over there and they would probably be in the driver's seat now in the SWAC if not for some poor officiating in their annual Classic against Grambling.

A regional foe, a Division I win (one would hope for the Bearkat fans) and a forray into playing the SWAC, who just lifted the nine-game mandate thereby opening up two more OOC games for SWAC teams.

PVA&M needs some foes. This year, they have a 10-game schedule because they had a few issues with the scheduling side of things (I think someone dropped out on them and they could never fill that spot).

Anyone know anything on this one? Panther88?

Would you care to list just what the hell you're talking about? I was at that game and missed whatever it is that you THOUGHT was poor officiating. Maybe you had a better view than I did...where were you sitting?

Panther88
October 16th, 2007, 05:16 PM
LOL. Notice, I stayed mute on the matter. :)

I thought it was a vastly equally called game, excepting that debacle right before half-time which our coaching staff took part in as well.

mikebigg
October 16th, 2007, 10:34 PM
LOL. Notice, I stayed mute on the matter. :)

I thought it was a vastly equally called game, excepting that debacle right before half-time which our coaching staff took part in as well.

Still waiting on the list of referee calls that unfairly benefited Grambling.

Still waiting on to know where he was sitting?

3rd Coast Tiger
October 16th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Still waiting on the list of referee calls that unfairly benefited Grambling.

Still waiting on to know where he was sitting?

MB you didn't see TT? xconfusedx

I saw him at the concession stand...talking to Kenn...checking out the Black Foxes...xsmiley_wix... and up in President Judson's suite.

mikebigg
October 17th, 2007, 07:35 AM
MB you didn't see TT? xconfusedx

I saw him at the concession stand...talking to Kenn...checking out the Black Foxes...xsmiley_wix... and up in President Judson's suite.

naw I missed that... but I'm still waiting for him to validate his statement or be man enuff to admit he don't know what the hell he's talking about (AGAIN)!

TexasTerror
October 17th, 2007, 07:42 AM
naw I missed that... but I'm still waiting for him to validate his statement or be man enuff to admit he don't know what the hell he's talking about (AGAIN)!

I was not there and I'll be man enough to note that...

There were several comments after the game, that I have not been able to find, that relate to time-related issues when Grambling had the ball. Outside of that, I'm drawing a blank...

As far as SHSU-PV, it would make loads of sense. Seems Panther folks believe Blackshear is not the place to play this game. SHSU fans are happy with anything that is not a Div II game (though we understood why we had two this year when Missouri St pulled the rug from under us).

Sam fans have been calling for a better schedule that puts us in position to go to the playoffs and the inability to get FCS schools on the schedule (most of them have no reason to travel to us when they can get OOC games within a few hours of their campus) has really made things tough...

mikebigg
October 17th, 2007, 08:28 AM
I was not there and I'll be man enough to note that...

There were several comments after the game, that I have not been able to find, that relate to time-related issues when Grambling had the ball. Outside of that, I'm drawing a blank...

As far as SHSU-PV, it would make loads of sense. Seems Panther folks believe Blackshear is not the place to play this game. SHSU fans are happy with anything that is not a Div II game (though we understood why we had two this year when Missouri St pulled the rug from under us).

Sam fans have been calling for a better schedule that puts us in position to go to the playoffs and the inability to get FCS schools on the schedule (most of them have no reason to travel to us when they can get OOC games within a few hours of their campus) has really made things tough...

Just like I figured...you saw a chance to knock Grambling and jumped in with both feet. You got issues!!!!xnonox

gram4life
October 17th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Just like I figured...you saw a chance to knock Grambling and jumped in with both feet. You got issues!!!!xnonox

You see that huh, sad aint it.

mikebigg
October 17th, 2007, 09:57 AM
You see that huh, sad aint it.

I was thinking more in terms of "pathetic"...

TexasTerror
October 17th, 2007, 11:45 AM

No, I was more or less boosting PVA&M considering they have forever been looked down upon by Grambling. You folks aren't going to be too happy when that program moves past you in the next few years...xrulesx

MACHIAVELLI
October 17th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I was not there...

Apply this to all of his posts in the past and in the future.

3rd Coast Tiger
October 17th, 2007, 02:33 PM
But fellas, he gets all his facts from internet message boards. Isn't that just as good as being there? xlolx I mean xconfusedx

mikebigg
October 17th, 2007, 03:21 PM
No, I was more or less boosting PVA&M considering they have forever been looked down upon by Grambling. You folks aren't going to be too happy when that program moves past you in the next few years...xrulesx

And you base this statement upon what? Facts or your personal opinion?

TexasTerror
October 17th, 2007, 08:46 PM
And you base this statement upon what? Facts or your personal opinion?

Personal opinion...especially when Grambling has taken PVA&M to the shed as long as they have.