PDA

View Full Version : Undefeated

Ronin
October 16th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Will any team make it undefeated to the playoffs this year?

If UNI can get past the next two games I think they may have a chance, but undefeated in regular season is very difficult for any team. Your thoughts?

TheValleyRaider
October 16th, 2007, 01:59 PM

If UNI can get past the next two games I think they may have a chance, but undefeated in regular season is very difficult for any team. Your thoughts?

San Diego has a pretty good shot of finishing the Regular Season undefeated.

Whether or not they'll be undefeated and going into the Playoffs is another question entirely....

DaGriz
October 16th, 2007, 03:10 PM
The real question should be does anybody "want" to finish the regular season undefeated? That's like the kiss of death. Is there another team other than Marshall of '96 that has gone undefeated and won the championship?

Houndawg
October 16th, 2007, 03:13 PM

If Sanders stays healthy enough to play you have a real good shot.

Houndawg
October 16th, 2007, 03:21 PM
The real question should be does anybody "want" to finish the regular season undefeated? That's like the kiss of death. Is there another team other than Marshall of '96 that has gone undefeated and won the championship?

Exactly. And that's what I think may be the hidden blessing at the end of the year of SIU losing to UNI.

Now there will be no distraction caused by "the streak", and we come away with a ton of confidence knowing that we have the horses to play with the best team in FCS, unlike when we simply didn't match up physically with Delaware and AppState in previous years.
Next goal is a home game in the first round and hopefully a rematch in the playoffs.

mvemjsunpx
October 16th, 2007, 04:26 PM

Yes, I believe Marshall was the last to go completely undefeated.

However, several champions have gone unbeaten if you don't count FBS/I-A losses (this decade: Montana in '01, Appalachian St. in '06).

DuckDuckGriz
October 16th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Didn't Georgia Southern do it in 89?

skinny_uncle
October 16th, 2007, 04:55 PM
There are only six undefeated teams left in the division.

Montana
Hofstra
UNI
San Diego
NDSU (not playoff eligible)
Yale (playoff non-participant)

putter
October 16th, 2007, 04:57 PM
What does Hofstra's remaining schedule look like?

skinny_uncle
October 16th, 2007, 04:59 PM
What does Hofstra's remaining schedule look like?

UNH, @ Villanova, William & Mary, @ Notheastern and UMass.
It looks like they have their toughest games at home.

NDSUFREAK
October 16th, 2007, 05:07 PM
NDSU has a good chance but of course not playoff eligible......:(

FormerPokeCenter
October 16th, 2007, 06:32 PM

Montana
Hofstra
UNI
San Diego

I know we didn't play well against Sam Houston, but just because we only won by 10, I don't think it's enough to knock us out of the ranks of the undefeated....

pokum88
October 16th, 2007, 06:39 PM

Montana
Hofstra
UNI
San Diego

McNeese

JohnStOnge
October 16th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Didn't Georgia Southern do it in 89?

Yes, and Youngstown State went undefeated in 1994...though the Penguins did have a tie (with Stephen F. Austin).