PDA

View Full Version : NEC's next draft pick?

aceinthehole
October 15th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Czech has a future at the next level
Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 10/14/07

WEST LONG BRANCH — There wasn't any heavy lifting required of Piotr Czech on this particular day. His Wagner College teammates had little need for long field goals or field position-altering punts, crossing the goal line with alarming regularity in ruining Monmouth University's homecoming. Running back Jason Butler found paydirt four times himself in a 45-16 drubbing.

Still, it was another perfect afternoon for possibly the finest all-purpose kicker at any level, as Czech, a Keyport native, moved one weekend closer to turning the game he loves into a full-time occupation.

You see, assessing a linebacker at this level can be a tricky proposition for an NFL scout. But a 50-yarder's a 50-yarder. Same in the Big House as it is on Staten Island. And a 60-yard punt knows not the caliber of competition it comes against.

"He's a pro. I've been doing this a long time, and he's a pro," exclaimed Wagner coach Walt Hameline.

http://cmsimg.app.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=B3&Date=20071014&Category=SPORTS&ArtNo=71014001&Ref=AR&Profile=1023&MaxW=300

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071014/SPORTS/71014001/1023/SPORTS

andy7171
October 15th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Good for him.

I don't like bragging on kickers though.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 15th, 2007, 01:59 PM
ace, I'm disappointed in you. Ryne Nutt could be the NEC's next draft pick. xnonox

aceinthehole
October 15th, 2007, 02:03 PM
ace, I'm disappointed in you. Ryne Nutt could be the NEC's next draft pick. xnonox

First, I like to spread the good word of the entire NEC not just CCSU. I think Albany, Monmouth and CCSU have made a small splash in the FCS, we need the Sacred Hearts and Wagners to keep the conference moving forward.

Second, I think Nutt has NFL potential, but its my guess he goes to a team as an undrafted FA. But another draft pick would be sweet. xnodx

Seahawks Fan
October 15th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Piotr Czech may well be the best place kicker in all of college football. I would expect him to be drafted this year. xthumbsupx

downbythebeach
October 15th, 2007, 08:06 PM
that field is like a wind tunnel, i can imagine that a hard place to kick