PDA

View Full Version : Has the Patriot League had that conference meeting yet?

Go...gate
October 15th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I understood that there was supposed to be a meeting about the scholarship and expansion issues this month. Did it happen? Will it happen? Inquiring minds want to know. xconfusedx xreadx

ngineer
October 15th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I think it was to have occured around "mid-October" and you can't get anymore 'mid' than halfway through the 15th...But I haven't heard of anything, yet. Probably a good idea to check out the PL website.

Go...gate
October 17th, 2007, 09:34 PM
It happened today, according to the PL website. No announcements resulted, other than platitudes about a "bold" strategic plan for the conference.

carney2
October 17th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Here is the "meatiest" part of the press release on the one-day meeting. It is about as general and uninformative as you can get. Don't know about you, but this is pretty much the kind of "information" that I expected - and do expect for the foreseeable future. We will be told something when there is something to tell.

"The five core program components that were the focus of the retreat discussions were admissions policies and review of the Academic Index, competitiveness of League sports, market enhancement and League visibility, membership and League expansion and partnerships and collaborations beyond athletics."