PDA

View Full Version : GSU/McNeese St. thread

GSU Eagle
September 5th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Many of you got to see the Eagles vs. Northeastern Saturday, so it has been discussed enough that we played very well on offense and not as well on defense.

Time to move ahead.

I remember seeing McNeese 2 years ago, so what are we looking at from McNeese this year?

McNeese75
September 5th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Many of you got to see the Eagles vs. Northeastern Saturday, so it has been discussed enough that we played very well on offense and not as well on defense.

Time to move ahead.

I remember seeing McNeese 2 years ago, so what are we looking at from McNeese this year?

I'll let you know about 9:30 PM next Saturday night :D

Actually, this team is an open book with many unknowns. Most of us optomistic types hope this teams comes together and has a good year. There are no extremely high expectations (and probably a lot more naysayers down here at this time) but everyone is hoping for a more competitieve team on both sides of the ball.

(and this is NOT the same caliber team from two years ago)

ChiefGSU275
September 5th, 2005, 06:53 PM
I am really disappointed that McNeese's game got cancelled this week for a number of reasons. 1.) no game tape for our guys, and you guys get one, 2.) you get extra practice for the option. I am looking forward to an exciting game, and I think our guys will be at an advantage because we have played that first game, and we are at home. Also, we wont forget what happened in 2003.

Last time McNeese came to Paulson, it got pretty ugly. Should be fun.

Retro
September 5th, 2005, 08:03 PM
I think the coaches had already swapped game tape (albeit last year) before this weekend.. If they get your game from this week, it will be from another source.

GaSouthern
September 5th, 2005, 08:22 PM
As my brother friend would say, "LETS DO THIS D*** THING!"

McNeese75
September 5th, 2005, 09:29 PM
As my brother friend would say, "LETS DO THIS D*** THING!"

We're ready!!! Just be nice! :D

GoGSU
September 5th, 2005, 10:19 PM
GSU 40 McNeese 17 ................just my prediction. I hope I am right. :nod:

winstoneagle
September 6th, 2005, 06:38 AM
If we cant play better on D, it will be another shootout.

GSUhooligan
September 6th, 2005, 11:19 AM
If we cant play better on D, it will be another shootout.

As I left Parsons on Sat. I was walking past the back door of the field house. Coach Pate was there with Big Swole. I told him thanks for getting the boys back into the game in the 2nd half, and he said, that was nothing, "you'll see a much better game next week. You can count on that." When coach Pate says something like that, you know he means it, our D will be ready.

eagleskins
September 6th, 2005, 05:31 PM
This game will not be very close. Our offense can score at will against anyone. The defense was not as bad as it seemed. They had 14 points on flukes. One was a kickoff and another was when they defense stopped playing when the flag was thrown. And we are at home. GSU 49-17

Baldy
September 6th, 2005, 06:06 PM
This game will not be very close. Our offense can score at will against anyone. The defense was not as bad as it seemed. They had 14 points on flukes. One was a kickoff and another was when they defense stopped playing when the flag was thrown. And we are at home. GSU 49-17

What an embarassment..... :o

I hope you don't need me to tell you that this person doesn't speak for most GSU fans. :nonono2:

eagleskins
September 6th, 2005, 06:28 PM
What an embarassment..... :o

I hope you don't need me to tell you that this person doesn't speak for most GSU fans. :nonono2:

How is that an embarassment? I am stating my opinion that I think the Eagles win going away. If I said this last year about Appy, would that have been an embarrassment. Funny that this is coming from the guy who spouts off his opinions on anything political.

Baldy
September 6th, 2005, 07:55 PM
How is that an embarassment? I am stating my opinion that I think the Eagles win going away. If I said this last year about Appy, would that have been an embarrassment. Funny that this is coming from the guy who spouts off his opinions on anything political.

According to you, every game is an Eagle win going away. Nobody can play GSU close, etc. You thought we would beat NU "going away", you thought we would beat UNH "going away", etc.

To put it nicely, you tend to go a little overboard. Just my opinion, tho...

eagleskins
September 6th, 2005, 11:59 PM
According to you, every game is an Eagle win going away. Nobody can play GSU close, etc. You thought we would beat NU "going away", you thought we would beat UNH "going away", etc.

To put it nicely, you tend to go a little overboard. Just my opinion, tho...

Will you be at the game this weekend? I'll give you McNeese and 19 points. The loser has to buy the other a beer or choice beverage. You game?

SpiritCymbal
September 7th, 2005, 12:47 AM
GSU 49-17....................I'll give you McNeese and 19 points.

So which is it....a 32 point victory or 19 point victory?

umassfan
September 7th, 2005, 02:11 AM
One question.... does a gsu fan ever credit another team for anything? Maybe if your players didnt quit once a flag was thrown they wouldnt have scored or maybe if your kick coverage was better you could have stoped them from scoring there as well. Your defense sucked vs NU and you know it. Your offense did score at will but NU doesnt have a defense either. They lost alot from last years D and this years unit will not be good at all. GSU will have problems with teams that can pass and play D. If McNeese can do those two things they can win the game. If not then they will lose.

EagleCrusade
September 7th, 2005, 07:21 AM
you're basing all this off one game?

gsuwinsudont
September 7th, 2005, 08:38 AM
One question.... does a gsu fan ever credit another team for anything? Maybe if your players didnt quit once a flag was thrown they wouldnt have scored or maybe if your kick coverage was better you could have stoped them from scoring there as well. Your defense sucked vs NU and you know it. Your offense did score at will but NU doesnt have a defense either. They lost alot from last years D and this years unit will not be good at all. GSU will have problems with teams that can pass and play D. If McNeese can do those two things they can win the game. If not then they will lose.

:rolleyes: Well if umassfan says so then it MUST be true! Keep on hoping guy!

On a serious note: If Mcneese cant do your two "keys" to victory would it be b/c Mcneese sucks or b/c GSU is better then you "know" from your extended GSU knowledge?

McNeese75
September 7th, 2005, 10:14 AM
So which is it....a 32 point victory or 19 point victory?

Let me know, if your giving 32, I might be interested in getting in on this action myself :D (Of course, I was tempted to take ULL and 45 last weekend against Tx too :eek: )

ChiefGSU275
September 7th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Northeastern was a darn good football team. I expect them to be good for years to come. GSU learned their lesson, and came out playing MUCH better defense in the second half. I am sure our boys got a good talkin to then, and everyday at practice this week. At home, I dont think we give up more than 14. Offensively, we will continue to roll. Special teams are a mixed bag, FG's were good, kickoff returns werent. Punting was a non-issue last week, so I have no basis for that judgment. I expect a close game in the first quarter, and GSU to pull away after that.

eagleskins
September 7th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Let me know, if your giving 32, I might be interested in getting in on this action myself :D (Of course, I was tempted to take ULL and 45 last weekend against Tx too :eek: )

I'm not giving 32. That's just my prediction. However, I will give 19 all day long.