PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League - Week 8

carney2
October 14th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Let the games begin. After 11 months of verbal sparring we can finally begin to separate the pretenders from the contenders.

HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE

Towson @ COLGATE

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL

Fordham
October 14th, 2007, 09:38 AM
HOLY CROSS over LEHIGH

LAFAYETTE over the good guys :(

TOWSON over COLGATE

GEORGETOWN over BUCKNELL

carney2
October 14th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Personally, I think this thing is headed for a November 10th collision in WooTown, but it could just as easily turn into a jumbled mess settled by the Georgetown and Bucknell ADs using a Ouija board.

HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH – The Squawks’ sputtering offense will appear to get well against some porous purple people. On the other side of the ball, the Lehigh DBs have serious problems and no answers for Air Randolph. Holy Cross

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE – It’s midnight and Cinderella’s carriage is about to turn into a pumpkin. The Lafayette D continues its assault on anything that moves, while the huge O-line wears down the Rams. Note to all: Picking against this group of Leopards in this game is folly. Lafayette

Towson @ COLGATE – Membership in the “Big Three” is a fading memory as the Raiders continue their headlong plunge into mediocrity. The mighty Thor with all of his thunderbolts will be of little use here. Towson State (Forgive me, Lord, I couldn’t resist.)

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL – The battle to avoid the basement. Georgetown’s highs are never high enough while their lows are truly horrendous. The Buffalonians, on the other hand,… In any event, my coin flip has landed in a buffalo chip and I take that as a sign. Bucknell

Note to Ken_Z: The wheels are still on.

ColgateTD
October 14th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Thank Thor there is Carney on this board; I wouldn't get through my day with out a "LOL" at Carney's remarks and predictions.

You are correct; without another Thor strike there is no way vs. Towson...:(

ngineer
October 14th, 2007, 07:55 PM
The Maroon Rams taking on the Maroon Leopards in Easton means that Lafayette is wearing the colors, so Fordham ends up seeing red. FU needs the perfect game and I suspect Frank will have his charges ready. Lafayette, 27-21.

I'll go with the Bison, who seem to be playing more consistently than the Hoyas, who have had a few of those 'close losses'. G'town has enough to pull this out if everything aligns, but I don't see it in the starts.
Bucknell, 35-27.

Unless winter comes early in Hamilton this week, I cannot see the Tigers being slowed down enough. Colgate's ground game is working, but that is all. Towson still has hopes of impressing the voters so a win here is more important to them. Towson, 28-17.

Holy Cross! Who woulda thunk this week would have such implicatons? First time Lehigh has had a game this early in the season where a loss would be almost fatal to post-season hopes in a long time. I have to believe the sense of urgency will kick in and that the defense will put pressure on Randolph. Thomas was hurt at Yale and status is uncertain, which is not good news for the secondary. Regardless, it's time to 'step up' and Brown will "do something for us" on Saturday. Lehigh, 34-27.

hc12
October 14th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Let the games begin. After 11 months of verbal sparring we can finally begin to separate the pretenders from the contenders.

HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE

Towson @ COLGATE

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL

towson27 colgate 17

bucknell 28 gu 21

lafayette 24 fordham 21 ( ot) can j. coven and x. martin run against the pards? Fordham is a year away, maybe.

HC38 Lehigh 30 first team to 40 wins!Lehigh running game gets going in a big way.Turnovers and redzone points are going to be the key here.The big match up, HC wr. vs. Lehigh secondary.The big question is if Lehigh is in the "every game is a playoff game mode",does this get them to tight during the game and the players start pressing.HC has to start to get stops on defense. If they don't then it is over and air randolph runs out of steam.xnodx

Fordham
October 14th, 2007, 08:42 PM
FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE – It’s midnight and Cinderella’s carriage is about to turn into a pumpkin. The Lafayette D continues its assault on anything that moves, while the huge O-line wears down the Rams. Note to all: Picking against this group of Leopards in this game is folly. Lafayette

Good to see you just as confident as most Colgate and Lehigh fans were in previous weeks, carney! Quick question - do you feel you guys have really been tested yet this season by quality competition? If so, who was it?

Given that I'm a pessimist by nature, I'm very pessimistic about our chances this week but, again, it's very fun for us to be here. Aside from Tavani, who I just have a ton of respect for as a coach ... and aside from you guys playing at home, which I would think on freaking homecoming of all days is going to be a big advantage ... I really think that the big game experience you guys may be the key factor. You've been in these games before AND you've been in much bigger games than this before ... all of which should help out quite a bit v. our young team. Regardless, I'm glad that we're getting this type of experience so much earlier than I was even hoping we would.

Nonetheless, I wonder after looking at your schedule if you guys have really been tested yet and whether or not your guys are wondering if they know what they are yet. Gonna be interesting.

Franks Tanks
October 14th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Good to see you just as confident as most Colgate and Lehigh fans were in previous weeks, carney! Quick question - do you feel you guys have really been tested yet this season by quality competition? If so, who was it?

Given that I'm a pessimist by nature, I'm very pessimistic about our chances this week but, again, it's very fun for us to be here. Aside from Tavani, who I just have a ton of respect for as a coach ... and aside from you guys playing at home, which I would think on freaking homecoming of all days is going to be a big advantage ... I really think that the big game experience you guys may be the key factor. You've been in these games before AND you've been in much bigger games than this before ... all of which should help out quite a bit v. our young team. Regardless, I'm glad that we're getting this type of experience so much earlier than I was even hoping we would.

Nonetheless, I wonder after looking at your schedule if you guys have really been tested yet and whether or not your guys are wondering if they know what they are yet. Gonna be interesting.

Well we have already lost 2 games and barely won a third. We have been tested, but I still think this team is struggling to find there identity.

ngineer
October 14th, 2007, 09:02 PM
towson27 colgate 17

bucknell 28 gu 21

lafayette 24 fordham 21 ( ot) can j. coven and x. martin run against the pards? Fordham is a year away, maybe.

HC38 Lehigh 30 first team to 40 wins!Lehigh running game gets going in a big way.Turnovers and redzone points are going to be the key here.The big match up, HC wr. vs. Lehigh secondary.The big question is if Lehigh is in the "every game is a playoff game mode",does this get them to tight during the game and the players start pressing.HC has to start to get stops on defense. If they don't then it is over and air randolph runs out of steam.xnodx

Actually, I see it as whether Randolph will get the protection he needs. As a former DB, you can't be expected to stay with a speedy receiver who knows where he is going, for more than 4-5 seconds--If Randolph is able to sit 'in the rocking chair' than we will have long day. I suspect Kotuski will come up with some scheme to disrupt the air raid. Rain, like last year, could also be a factor in a game like this. Currently it is supposed to shower Wednesday and Thursday, but dry for Saturday.

carney2
October 14th, 2007, 09:20 PM

Responses:

Not confident. I'm just feelin' good about this one. Can't put my finger on it, really. I don't think it has anything to do with the competition. Could be any of the other six. I just like this team. Oh, it has holes - huge gaping holes; holes that cannot be filled - but it seems to be the first group of the Tavani era that gives you 60 minutes every week. I wouldn't have this feeling against the FCS Top 5 or even the Ivy big kids (see below), but in the PL where they are picking on people their own size, I like their chances.

It is a lot of fun to have the Rams in this position. Not much of a league if this kind of thing doesn't happen. For at least the next 6 days it's a 5 team melee. The best we've done recently is 3. This is great. Every team will potentially be playing a life and death big game every week. If you're a fan and this doesn't get your juices flowing, you're probably already dead.

No big advantage to homecoming at Lafayette. The early weather report calls for a steady rain. Only the hearty souls like ye and me will be in the stands if that happens. On top of that, homecoming is not such a big deal in Leopardville. Most folks agree to meet at the Lehigh game (how do you think they sell it out every year?) and don't pay as much attention to this midseason gathering as at many other schools.

Now to your centerpiece: have they been tested? I believe that they have. At the risk of again throwing a piece of raw meat in front of the thin skinned, hyper-sensitive wolves at this site, I will state my opinion that there continues to be a talent gap between the best of the PL and the best of the Ivy League. I believe that the Leopards stepped up in class against Penn, Princeton and Harvard. While they didn't win all of these games, they acquitted themselves well and did not embarrass themselves or the League. While the PL foes will bring fire and passion to bear that was missing in those games, none of the Patriot League teams have the kind of talent up and down the roster that the Pards have already faced.

Did I miss anything?

DFW HOYA
October 14th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Holy Cross at Lehigh: Holy Cross in a tight one.

Fordham at Lafayette: Not a tight one, Lafayette wins.

The School formerly known as Towson State at Colgate: Towson's scholarships prevail.

Georgetown at Bucknell: Hoyas don't play well on the road...Bucknell.

Fordham
October 15th, 2007, 09:51 AM
Responses:

Did I miss anything?

Not much ... the only other thing would be your take on the value of big-game experience that your squad has. Definitely going to be interesting to see how our youngsters come out in such a big game AND on the road. So far, we've played our best against the best so I'm hoping that continues. Regardless, though, you don't get 'big game experience' without playing in big games, so it's nice for me to see us get some of that earlier than I expected.

As far as the Ivies go, I guess I agree with you but I can tell you that Columbia is hapless this year and we both beat up on them. Regarding Penn, I haven't seen them play, so it's not too fair but from comments, etc. I really thought they were a poor team this year as well (or at least a notch down from previous years). Princeton falls into a similar category to me as they seem to be having a bit of a down year and that really left Harvard in my mind as the one tough test you guys have had. Now I did think that you guys were the better team in that game, and would have won if not for some horrendous picks. But, other than Yale, it seems to me to be a down year for the Ivies.

Now, that said, we clearly, we deserve to be decided underdogs in this one. I'm not sure if you guys are going to watch the Albany game where our run D was obliterated by their big Oline or the Gtown game where our passing D was obliterated by the short-mid-range passing game of the Hoyas. I like the fact that we're going to keep you guys guessing :D . Again, though, it seriously is fun be in the mix again. I'm very much enjoying this week and having fun with it.

Pards Rule
October 15th, 2007, 09:52 AM

Fordham, you are right. The only testing game was Penn, an 8-7 victory. We can do the "what if" with the Princeton & Harvard games but fact is we wound up with the "L" on our forehead in those two (both winnable but lost)...The Fordham game may very well be our last years Colgate game this year. The one that brings it together. But you gotta show me. Fordham is formidable this year.

ColgateTD
October 15th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Carney - where are the Week 7 winners noted, and YTD totals? Thx...xsmiley_wix

ColgateTD
October 15th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Carney - never mind...:o

carney2
October 15th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Carney - never mind...:o

OK. I can do that.

TheValleyRaider
October 15th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Holy Cross at Lehigh Holy Cross If the rain is as strong as it's forcasted to be, Crusaders will have difficulty getting their Air-Raid going. But, the Cross has shown resiliency in their games this season, while Lehigh has shown inconsistency at best

Fordham at Lafayette Lafayette Want to pick the Rams, as they've done so many good things already this year, but I just have a hard time seeing them turn it on enough to top a Lafayette team raring to prove the Ivy losses are nothing more than tradition

Towson at Colgate Colgate Yeah, I picked us to win. Towson is ranked 66th in the nation in rushing defense, giving up 166 yards per game. Colgate's strength? Jordan Scott running the football

Georgetown at Bucknell Bucknell Taking the home team begrudgingly. Not overly impressed with either side, and while it'd be nice to see the Hoyas finally break through and grab the W, I'll take the Bison in Lewisburg

LCFan21
October 15th, 2007, 01:21 PM
[QUOTE=TheValleyRaider;692892]Holy Cross at Lehigh Holy Cross If the rain is as strong as it's forcasted to be, Crusaders will have difficulty getting their Air-Raid going. But, the Cross has shown resiliency in their games this season, while Lehigh has shown inconsistency at best

I seem to recall HC upsetting Lehigh in the rain not so long ago - I wonder if payback is in the cards this year?

letsgopards04
October 15th, 2007, 01:28 PM
HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH - The Crusaders will get it done.

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE - Lafayette: If DiPaola doesn't turn the ball over (His INTs are alarming.) this game will not be close.

Towson @ COLGATE - Towson

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL - Bucknell: G'Town played Fordham closer than I expected but Bucknell will pull it out.

LeopardFan04
October 15th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Towson
Bucknell

TheValleyRaider
October 15th, 2007, 04:20 PM
I seem to recall HC upsetting Lehigh in the rain not so long ago - I wonder if payback is in the cards this year?

Entirely possible. This was the toughest call of the week. I had originally written Lehigh in as my pick, then switched right before submitting. We'll see if it makes any difference.

jdb037
October 15th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Huge week in the Patriot League. Excited to see how it all plays out.

Lehigh over Holy Cross: Closest game of the week. Lehigh will prevail at home in front of hopefully a rowdy crowd.

Lafayette over Fordham: As well as Fordham has been playing this year, I still can't believe they can take down the big boys at Lafayette.

Townson over Colgate: Don't really know what to say here except that Towson is in the CAA playing a mediocre at best Patriot League team. I'd go with the CAA most of the time in a matchup like this

Bucknell over Georgetown: Gotta believe Georgetown is gonna keep fighting till its over but Bucknell has had 2 weeks to prepare for this game, its Homecoming, and the Bison are pissed after the loss to Colgate.

hc12
October 15th, 2007, 06:14 PM
<P>
Actually, I see it as whether Randolph will get the protection he needs. a former DB, you can't be expected to stay with a speedy receiver who knows wAshere he is going, for more than 4-5 seconds--If Randolph is able to sit 'in the rocking chair' than we will have long day. I suspect Kotuski will come up with some scheme to disrupt the air raid. Rain, like last year, could also be a factor in a game like this. Currently it is supposed to shower Wednesday and Thursday, but dry for Saturday.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>ngineer,where did you play college ball at?Are you more of a cover 2 guy or a shut down corner,mam to man?I know HC o-line and there very good plus they have that nasty i'll kill you attitude.If Lehigh drops 7 back they might get a couple of coverage sack.Hopefully we get the running game on track.It will be a good game to watch.</P>

carney2
October 15th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Currently it is supposed to shower Wednesday and Thursday, but dry for Saturday.

Check your crystal ball again. "Currently," as you say, it is forecasted to be all rain all the time on Saturday in eastern PA.

ngineer
October 15th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Check your crystal ball again. "Currently," as you say, it is forecasted to be all rain all the time on Saturday in eastern PA.

That post was based on Sunday information. Since changed to "Scattered Thunderstorms"...;)

ngineer
October 15th, 2007, 07:02 PM
<P></P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>ngineer,where did you play college ball at?Are you more of a cover 2 guy or a shut down corner,mam to man?I know HC o-line and there very good plus they have that nasty i'll kill you attitude.If Lehigh drops 7 back they might get a couple of coverage sack.Hopefully we get the running game on track.It will be a good game to watch.</P>

Played two years at Lehigh (frosh and soph., 1970-71). I like to mix it up, but that is all dependent on personnel. I'd like to think we could go with man coverage with pressure from our very mobile LBs. I suspect our DC would try some disguises...xcoolx

VT Wildcat Fan53
October 15th, 2007, 10:45 PM
The CAA checking in with "from the hip" predictions: :)

HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH. Lehigh takes charge of legaue, 35-28

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE. Put up or shut up for Cinderella Rams. They put up, barely, Fordam 17-14.

Towson @ COLGATE. Towson lights up the airways, 45-21

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL. Is this GU's lone victory on way to 1-10? Nope! Bucknell paves the way for perfect Hoyas season at 0-11, winning 7-6.

Engineer91
October 16th, 2007, 06:53 AM
HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH - Lehigh has to keep HC under 20 to win. HOLY CROSS

Towson @ COLGATE - I'd like to see more J. J. Bennet mixed in a bit more in this game TOWSON

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL - If the Bison keep the turnovers down they win. BUCKNELL

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE - Doesn't seem like 'Pards have quite gotten it all together yet. Fordham rolling. Fordham pulls out a tight game

ngineer
October 16th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Forecast has changed again. Now says rain will leave the area by Friday night. Saturday to be sunny and 70 degrees, though field could be wet.

carney2
October 16th, 2007, 08:56 AM
Forecast has changed again. Now says rain will leave the area by Friday night. Saturday to be sunny and 70 degrees, though field could be wet.

We agree at last. Perhaps we can maintain this feeling of cameraderie until November 17th when I shall visit your mythical aerie with malice toward all?

ColgateTD
October 16th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Holy Cross by 10
Lafayette by 21
Towson by 22 (Oh, how it hurts to make this prediction)
Bucknell by 11

LEHIGH61
October 16th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Lehigh's road to the Patriot League title is winning the last 5 games AGAIN! They put themselves in the hole again, but I'm hoping that the table turns this time. Holy Cross is the one they need. I'm picking Lehigh by 31-28.

Fordham has to lose to Lafayette and Holy Cross which I hope and think they will. All pointing to the BIG GAME on November 17th to decide it all.
Lehigh hasn't had the breaks lately. Hopefully, the end of this season will turn it around.

They have to win them all at this point. This is pressure, but when you think about it, you pretty much have to win them all in this league anyway.

LehighFan11
October 16th, 2007, 01:30 PM

Doesn't lehigh have a tarp now?

LehighIn2007
October 16th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Man I hope Fordham beats Lafayette. Then again, if they do, we are headed for another showdown on the last week of the year between lehigh and lafayette.

I only know stuff about Lehigh so I'll just give you my picks.

Lehigh over H.C.- I am hoping. Sedale needs to be benched or learn how to throw. I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of frustration in the stands and booooos might come out for the first time in my life at a Lehigh game. I think the running game will do well. All I can hope is that we shut down the pass.

Fordham over Lafayette

Colgate over Towson

Bucknell over Georgetown

TheValleyRaider
October 16th, 2007, 01:38 PM
Man I hope Fordham beats Lafayette. Then again, if they do, we are headed for another showdown on the last week of the year between lehigh and lafayette.

Yeah, for 2nd Place

LehighIn2007
October 16th, 2007, 01:39 PM
You're right, I didn't think about that. Sorry, long day.

LEHIGH61
October 16th, 2007, 01:41 PM
Why would you want Fordham to win? They're the ones who have to be eliminated if Lehigh has any chance to win the league. Lehigh has to take care of Lafayette later. GET IT! I've seen Lehigh fans like this before - wishing Lafayette would lose when it was to Lehigh's benefit for them to win. Assinine! If you're going to talk about football, learn how the system works.

If Fordham beats Lafayette, Lehigh's season is over even if they win out! I expect Lafayette to beat Fordham and I expect Holy Cross to beat Fordham. Then it's up to Lehigh to win out. THAT'S THE ONLY SCENARIO THAT WORKS!

Your analytical abilities are very suspect!

Pards Rule
October 16th, 2007, 03:59 PM
LOL - whoever thought I would see LU folks hoping for us to win. Well, I gotta admit I was taken when some good LU folks were urging us on in the Delaware, AppState & Mass playoff games on these boards.

breezy
October 16th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Time once again for fearless picks made without benefit of study or analysis.

HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH – Lehigh has not played up to its potential this year; let's hope it doesn't start on Saturday. HC defense seems to be getting incrementally better. HOLY CROSS

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE – I started picking Fordham a couple of weeks back but I think Lafayette steps up to the challenge. Fordham is probably playing above itself, but that can't last forever. LAFAYETTE

Towson @ COLGATE – Towson is playing with the big boys now and Colgate can't seem to get things together. I'd love to see Colgate win but I don't think it will happen. TOWSON

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL – Georgetown may be on the upswing as it gave Fordham a real game last week. But Georgetown is perpetually giving false hope. Bucknell will run and run. BUCKNELL

ngineer
October 16th, 2007, 06:13 PM
LOL - whoever thought I would see LU folks hoping for us to win. Well, I gotta admit I was taken when some good LU folks were urging us on in the Delaware, AppState & Mass playoff games on these boards.

..And I remember when the Lafayette students cheered in December of 1977 at a basketball game when it was announced that Lehigh had defeated Jacksonville State for the NCAA Championship.xrotatehx :D
Sometimes we just forget who we are...;) :D

BobbyMo
October 16th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Towson
Bucknell

DFW HOYA
October 16th, 2007, 06:37 PM
GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL – Georgetown may be on the upswing as it gave Fordham a real game last week.

One game is not an "upswing", esp. against Fordham's pass defense.

ngineer
October 16th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Doesn't lehigh have a tarp now?

I seem to recall a tarp being used last year or so..but not 100% sure. Of course, would we want to use a tarp? A soggy field could be an advantage to us.

Fordham
October 17th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Pard fans - what's your capacity and, assuming good weather, what size crowd are you expecting?

Any advice for a Ram fan coming to visit "The Taj"?

letsgopards04
October 17th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Pard fans - what's your capacity and, assuming good weather, what size crowd are you expecting?

The visitors get the small bleachers on the far side...It should not be a sellout by any means eventhough it is HC. A good crowd but not a sellout. Just be prepared to get pelted with insults if you wear Fordham gear because on HC the student body for the most part is drunk and beligerant by 10am

letsgopards04
October 17th, 2007, 10:22 AM
..And I remember when the Lafayette students cheered in December of 1977 at a basketball game when it was announced that Lehigh had defeated Jacksonville State for the NCAA Championship.xrotatehx :D
Sometimes we just forget who we are...;) :D

All this Lehigh Valley love giving a queasy feeling. But the league should always root for its own against outsiders.

LehighFan11
October 17th, 2007, 10:26 AM
I seem to recall a tarp being used last year or so..but not 100% sure. Of course, would we want to use a tarp? A soggy field could be an advantage to us.

yea im sure it would be. does anyone know if Pastore or McGowen will be able to play?

Rjm7272
October 17th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Lehigh over Holy Cross
Lafayette over Fordham
Colgate over Towson
Bucknell over Georgetown

ngineer
October 17th, 2007, 01:33 PM
yea im sure it would be. does anyone know if Pastore or McGowen will be able to play?

We should know shortly, as Coen had his weekly press conference a little while ago.

andy7171
October 17th, 2007, 01:43 PM
You guys crack me up with the Towson State and Townson stuff. For what its worth, Towson State deosn't annoy me, its on my diploma. Townson does. I don't know why.

Lehigh
Lafayette
Towson
G'town

carney2
October 17th, 2007, 01:48 PM

Assuming that you've never been there before, here are some pointers:

Parking will be your biggest complaint. There isn't any. Oh, there's a parking garage, but unless you've written a (large) check to the College recently, you're not going in there. Best bet is March Field (check a map of the College online), and parking on adjoining streets is usually available and quite safe.

Nice bench type seats, but if you've got a cushion, bring it.

Taking exception to a prior post, I have yet to see anyone hassled for wearing the opposing colors. (All bets here are off, of course, for Lehigh.) In addition, the next student seen at a football game will be the first. (An overstatement, but you get my point.)

It is a little difficult from the visiting stands, but position yourself to see the scoreboard. You will get replays of every play and quite a few "specials." Be prepared for the "scary music" presentation in the 4th quarter that ends with "BEAT LEHIGH." No doubt about the number one priority with this program.

Bring earplugs. The PA system plays god-awful rap-crap nonstop and can't seem to find the down side of the volume control.

Strangest thing, but this is one of the very few football fields in America laid out east to west. The sun will not be in your eyes.

A truly great place to see a football game. We are very proud of it and expect (hope) that you will like it too.

Oh yeah, capacity as it will be set up for Saturday is somewhere in the 13,500 range. Temporary seating can add 3,000 - 5,000 to that for Lehigh. If Saturday's crowd even gets to 8,000 I'll be very surprised.

DC 'gater
October 17th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Fordham
Lehigh
Colgate
Georgetown

Ivytalk
October 17th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Holy Cross
Lafayette
Towson
Georgetownxpeacex

JoltinJoe
October 17th, 2007, 07:31 PM
A truly great place to see a football game. We are very proud of it and expect (hope) that you will like it too.

Thank you. We hope we like it too. To assist your hope become a reality, there's one other thing you guys can do Saturday.;)

ngineer
October 17th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Thank you. We hope we like it too. To assist your hope become a reality, there's one other thing you guys can do Saturday.;)

If you guys get any crap, my law office is 3 miles from their stadium;)

Pard 82
October 17th, 2007, 09:45 PM
HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE

Towson @ COLGATE

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL

Franks Tanks
October 17th, 2007, 09:49 PM

Parking will be your biggest complaint. There isn't any. Oh, there's a parking garage, but unless you've written a (large) check to the College recently, you're not going in there. Best bet is March Field (check a map of the College online), and parking on adjoining streets is usually available and quite safe.

Taking exception to a prior post, I have yet to see anyone hassled for wearing the opposing colors. (All bets here are off, of course, for Lehigh.) In addition, the next student seen at a football game will be the first. (An overstatement, but you get my point.)

It is a little difficult from the visiting stands, but position yourself to see the scoreboard. You will get replays of every play and quite a few "specials." Be prepared for the "scary music" presentation in the 4th quarter that ends with "BEAT LEHIGH." No doubt about the number one priority with this program.

Bring earplugs. The PA system plays god-awful rap-crap nonstop and can't seem to find the down side of the volume control.

Strangest thing, but this is one of the very few football fields in America laid out east to west. The sun will not be in your eyes.

Oh yeah, capacity as it will be set up for Saturday is somewhere in the 13,500 range. Temporary seating can add 3,000 - 5,000 to that for Lehigh. If Saturday's crowd even gets to 8,000 I'll be very surprised.

You dont think we will get more for Homecoming? We got 8k for stinkin Marist. In the old days of the old stadium we would get like 5 for an opening game and 8k for homecoming. I predict about 11k for saturday- when the student finally show up that is.

letsgopards04
October 18th, 2007, 08:09 AM

I actually would not park anywhere near March Field. The field will be full of cars and tailgating, I sure as hell never park my car there. Your best bet is to park a few blocks east of Catell St--away from campus.

letsgopards04
October 18th, 2007, 08:11 AM

You dont think we will get more for Homecoming? We got 8k for stinkin Marist. In the old days of the old stadium we would get like 5 for an opening game and 8k for homecoming. I predict about 11k for saturday- when the student finally show up that is.

I would say 8,000 is about right. The home side will probably be about 2/3 to 3/4 full. I would be surprised if the far end of the stadium (where the Varsity House is now) will fill up.

bison137
October 18th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Lehigh
Lafayette
Towson
Bucknell

Fordham
October 18th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Great info, Lafayette fans - thanks. I'm very much looking forward to seeing your stadium and hopefully just having a great afternoon.

Also, fyi, our best DB - FS Matt Loucks - who got hurt in the Lehigh game, appears to be back this week. It also allows us to move SS Isiejah Allen back to his natural spot after he moved to FS for the G-town game AND to have Sam Orah go back to LB after he moved to SS for that game as well. I have no idea to what extent those moves helped our pass D turn into a sieve last week but having Loucks back should certainly help.

Lafalumni29
October 18th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Lafayette - I'm nervous after last years close game and that we still have Mo White & Dorsey out. I heard somewhere that Adair is not 100% either! Is this true? God help us!! Reagrdless, I'm going with the homer pick.
Lehigh
Towson
Bucknell

carney2
October 18th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Lafayettewe still have Mo White & Dorsey out. I heard somewhere that Adair is not 100% either! Is this true? God help us!![/B]

From a collection of sources, including today's newspaper:

White - Unlikely (Frank said definitiely "out" on Tuesday)
D'Urso - Unlikely (Frank said definitely "out" on Tuesday)
Dorsey - Out
Adair - 50-50 Had an MRI to determine the extent of the injury. (Frank called him "unlikely" on Tuesday)
DiPaola - Thigh problems caused him to miss Tuesday's practice, but Frank had him as "probable" as of Tuesday

Lafayette71
October 18th, 2007, 10:20 AM
If you guys get any crap, my law office is 3 miles from their stadium;)

I wouldn't pay by the hour for legal counsel from a guy who finds time for 7,795 posts. xsmiley_wix

Lafayette71
October 18th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Lafayette
Lehigh
Towson
Buknell

LEHIGH61
October 18th, 2007, 11:06 AM
I would think any Lehigh fan would feel the same. Don't get so caught up in the hate Lafayette thing and cut your own throat. But of course I want Lafayette to lose to Lehigh in football, like they used to do ALL THE TIME! Hope those days come back soon!

Andy
October 18th, 2007, 11:13 AM
HC passes LU--I'd like a brown win here, but Randolph is just too good at running this offense.

LC over Rams--Sight of LC o-linemen lumbering after defensive backs is getting old. But, Leopard DEFENSE is for real.

Colgate over Towson--they do run, run.

Bucknell tops GT

DFW HOYA
October 18th, 2007, 12:05 PM

Obviously, this is a Week 8 discussion, not a Week 7 one.... xlolx

ngineer
October 18th, 2007, 10:47 PM
I wouldn't pay by the hour for legal counsel from a guy who finds time for 7,795 posts. xsmiley_wix

I don't golf...;)

Pard94
October 19th, 2007, 07:59 AM
I would think any Lehigh fan would feel the same. Don't get so caught up in the hate Lafayette thing and cut your own throat. But of course I want Lafayette to lose to Lehigh in football, like they used to do ALL THE TIME! Hope those days come back soon!

Lafayette leads the series 75-62-5. So unless by "ALL OF THE TIME" you mean a period of about 5 years in the late nineties...me thinks you are mistaken.xsmiley_wix

Andy
October 19th, 2007, 12:04 PM
From a collection of sources, including today's newspaper:

White - Unlikely (Frank said definitiely "out" on Tuesday)
D'Urso - Unlikely (Frank said definitely "out" on Tuesday)
Dorsey - Out
Adair - 50-50 Had an MRI to determine the extent of the injury. (Frank called him "unlikely" on Tuesday)
DiPaola - Thigh problems caused him to miss Tuesday's practice, but Frank had him as "probable" as of Tuesday

In Tuesday's press conference Tavani called White and Durso "doubtful." Paper has no change there, but good news is their classification of Adair as "probable."

LEHIGH61
October 19th, 2007, 01:27 PM
I'm talkin' about since the playoffs started (1973).

CrusaderBob
October 19th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Give me:

HOLY CROSS
LAFAYETTE
COLGATE
BUCKNELL

carney2
October 19th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Kid Konsensus is so excited about the real beginning of the Patsy League season that he has added some commentary about your picks.

HOLY CROSS over LEHIGH No real favorite. Could go the other way by kickoff.

LAFAYETTE over FORDHAM Astonished at the lack of support (respect?) for the Rams. They deserve better.

Towson over COLGATE The mob is not giving the Raiders much of a shot.

BUCKNELL over GEORGETOWN This board has apparently given up on the Hoyas.

JoltinJoe
October 19th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Kid Konsensus is so excited about the real beginning of the Patsy League season that he has added some commentary about your picks.

LAFAYETTE over FORDHAM Astonished at the lack of support (respect?) for the Rams. They deserve better.

Wonder if folks would feel differently if the game were played at Rose Hill? I still think most would pick Lafayette.

The Rams have done some nice things but the Leps have been there every year in recent memory.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 19th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Holy Cross 27 Lehigh 17- Lehigh's defense battles courageously but their inept offense comes up short once again.

Lafayette 24 Fordham 17- Lafayette has endured their struggles in OOC play but they'll get the job done like usual in league play.

Towson 31 Colgate 24- Colgate should be able to run for a good chunk of yards, even if it take 50 carries, which should keep the Tigers "O" off the field. Even so, Towson should be able put together enough scoring drives to escape with the win.

Bucknell 31 Georgetown 13- Georgetown is downright dreadful while the Bison aren't very good; "Aren't Very Good" is still considerably better than "Downright Dreadful".

DFW HOYA
October 19th, 2007, 08:48 PM
BUCKNELL over GEORGETOWN This board has apparently given up on the Hoyas.

I don't think this board was very much behind the Hoyas to begin with.

Fordham
October 20th, 2007, 07:37 AM
A few things for my last post prior to kickoff:

*Just printed out directions to Fisher and can't wait to see the new stadium.

*Regarding the lack of respect comment - I just think the respect shown to LC is something they've earned while we're only beginning to earn it with our past few games. Thus, I have no problem with it and just hope that we continue to earn some more with this week's game.

*DFW - hey, I picked you guys this week, as I have in many games before this one :( . May your D be stout and your offense prosper. Hope you guys get that win this week.

CrusaderBob
October 20th, 2007, 07:44 AM
RE: Fordham

In addition to what Fordham said, I think two other things worked against Fordham in my mind and may have influenecd others:

The game is at Lafayette. Hard for a young team to win a big game on the road.

And right or wrong, their performance against Georgetown, particularly 21 second half points, just doesn't inspire confidence.

carney2
October 20th, 2007, 07:48 AM
I don't think this board was very much behind the Hoyas to begin with.

Don't take it personaally. The football program just can't seem to get out of its own way.

LehighFan11
October 20th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Lehigh
Lafayette
Gtown
Towson

PeacockRaider
October 20th, 2007, 10:04 AM
HOLY CROSS @ LEHIGH...Trouble in Bethlehem

FORDHAM @ LAFAYETTE...Nice season so far for the Rams, but they don't have enough yet.

Towson @ COLGATE...I thought gate would rebound this season but it hasn't happened as of yet

GEORGETOWN @ BUCKNELL...BISON BIG

Ken_Z
October 20th, 2007, 11:17 AM
been a tough week. i am going to get some picks in just under the wire. i'll type fast and submit. hopefully no typos that cause me to lose a game

HOLY CROSS 35 @ LEHIGH 28: Catholics feel like they're the home team in Bethlehem

FORDHAM 24 @ LAFAYETTE 20: those wheels look loose and wobbly from here.

Towson 35 @ COLGATE 21: in a blast from the past: TOWSON WINS BIG :this time it actually happens

GEORGETOWN 31 @ BUCKNELL 34: hoops cannot get here fast enough for fans of either school. Sojka is a tough place to play, homecourt advantage to Bucknell

ps: message for carney, Bison receive third hoops commitment!!! send me a PM if you want more details.

carney2
October 20th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Week 8 results have been posted in The Lounge.