PDA

View Full Version : Bring on the Leathernecks!

DaBears
September 4th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Allright all you Leathernecks how is your team gonna be this year? I saw you had a tough opening loss but that doesn't mean a whole lot. What are your strengths and weaknesses?

UNC has a decent Offense but I think our line is still suspect after a less than impressive performance against D-II School of Mines. Our defense on the other hand seems to be struggling against the pass and is very prone to giving up the big plays.

Additionally, UNC only gets two practices before the game and Western Illinois gets a full week so that will be in their favor.

I don't know enough about the opponent to even guess on an outcome.

leatherneck177
September 5th, 2005, 12:05 PM
To be honest I'm not really sure how we are this year. I know we have a young defense with a few transfers sprinkled in. The offense is OK, but our QB, Steve LaFalce seems to be inconsistent despite returning after starting for a majority of his sophomore season.

We haven't lost a home non-conference game in something like 20-25 games, but that can be read into a lot of different ways because we have not had many quality home non conference opponents lately.

Our playmakers on offense are Travis Glasford and Reggie Gray and can make big plays if they get enough touches a game. I think it will be an interesting game though because I'm not really sure what Northern Colorado has either.

Prediction:

WIU 33 NCU 20

poharry
September 5th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Glasford may try to give the game away. He is a known fumbler. he can be explosive as well for sure but I do not like his tendency to put the ball on the ground. Disappointed in LaFalce.

Ducey showed some things as 2nd qb so maybe the pressure is on LaFalce.

I expect the D to have some ? marks due to D coordinator coming in late. I'll have to watch this on the tube.