PDA

View Full Version : Southern Utah and Common Opponent Player Participation

SeattleGriz
October 13th, 2007, 02:12 AM
After reading a few people question the fact the Griz are playing 2nd and 3rd string players, I thought I would tally up the player participation from Southern Utahs games.

While I cannot say this speaks volumes about other teams, I can say it does show the Griz tend to rotate more players through in a game.

Here are the tallies according to SUU's football site:

Montana 59 players 37-17
S Illinois 45 players 44-10
McNeese 50 players 41-20
Montana State 39 players 7-3

I welcome any input, as I have stated above, this is not the most scientific, nor is it meant as smack. And while I am a huge fan, I know I can't hold a candle to some of the knowledge on this board concerning football.

Hansel
October 13th, 2007, 09:04 AM
McNeese and S. Illinois played at SUU therefore they had limited travel rosters (~55 players some of whom are probably redshirts only to be used in an emergency)

Mike Johnson
October 13th, 2007, 03:12 PM
After reading a few people question the fact the Griz are playing 2nd and 3rd string players, I thought I would tally up the player participation from Southern Utahs games.

While I cannot say this speaks volumes about other teams, I can say it does show the Griz tend to rotate more players through in a game.

Montana 59 players 37-17
McNeese 50 players 41-20

I welcome any input, as I have stated above, this is not the most scientific, nor is it meant as smack. And while I am a huge fan, I know I can't hold a candle to some of the knowledge on this board concerning football.

Are you suggesting that Montana State would have blown out Southern Utah if they had just played 20 more players?http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Mike Johnson
October 13th, 2007, 03:13 PM

Montana 59 players 37-17
McNeese 50 players 41-20

Are you suggesting that Montana State would have blown out Southern Utah if they had just played 20 more players?