JoshUCA
October 12th, 2007, 11:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur7gK00bZKs

MSUBear42
October 12th, 2007, 11:32 AM
AWESOME!! Congrats!

Bear Fan 101
October 12th, 2007, 12:58 PM
Congrats to you guys on your season's successes so far as well, keep it up. I just hope UCAand Missouri State can fit in a rivalry every year, I think it would work out well for both.

BEAR
October 12th, 2007, 03:42 PM
If Nathan doesn't get SLC offensive player of the week for his performance and his #1 spot on ESPN's sportscenter...I just don't know. xlolx

TexasTerror
October 12th, 2007, 03:49 PM
If Nathan doesn't get SLC offensive player of the week for his performance and his #1 spot on ESPN's sportscenter...I just don't know. xlolx

Blowouts can sometimes hurt a player's chance at POTW (especially if weaker competition)-- doubt anyone can top Brown though.

BEAR
October 12th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Blowouts can sometimes hurt a player's chance at POTW (especially if weaker competition)-- doubt anyone can top Brown though.

Hey, I'm just playing the homer here. But I agree with you. Even with a poor defense to score that many TDs you still have to put the egg in the basket..and that's skill. Nathan is in a zone..and the Bears hope he never comes out of it..xlolx

blackfordpu
October 12th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Thats flippin sweet!

Reed Rothchild
October 12th, 2007, 09:55 PM
My how Texas St has fallen!

UCAMonkey
October 12th, 2007, 10:01 PM

Problem with that argument is that no other team as come close to throwing 7 TD passes against Tx St. Brown almost entirely put those numbers up in only one half last night.xbowx

TexasTerror
October 12th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Problem with that argument is that no other team as come close to throwing 7 TD passes against Tx St. Brown almost entirely put those numbers up in only one half last night.xbowx

Just talking from experience...not taking away anything by Brown...

Question...anyone recall the last time the institution known as Texas State University - San Marcos football made top play? Yep, when Katie Hnida made a few points for New Mexico against the Manny Mataskis coached Bobcats. Mataskis is responsible for that SLC co-championship that the Bobcats have as he brought in several of those star players...

MaximumBobcat
October 12th, 2007, 11:37 PM

Question...anyone recall the last time the institution known as Texas State University - San Marcos football made top play? Yep, when Katie Hnida made a few points for New Mexico against the Manny Mataskis coached Bobcats. Mataskis is responsible for that SLC co-championship that the Bobcats have as he brought in several of those star players...

What can I say? We support equality.

:D :D :D

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 13th, 2007, 11:55 AM

actually, the last time was Barrick's run to open the game vs. Georgia Southern.

it's a freakin extra point and it happened 3 (4?) years ago. it's pretty much irrelevant as none of those players (or coaches?) are here anymore. quit hatin.

Purple Pride
October 16th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Nathan Brown was named National Offensive Player of the Week by College Sporting News and the co-Offensive Player of the Week by The Sports Network. He was also the Southland Conference Offensive Player of the Week for the second consecutive week. Congratulations Nathan!!!!!xthumbsupx
http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=90019&SPID=10812&temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=1281637

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/section_front.asp?arttypeid=984

BEAR
October 16th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Dang..every other top story on the Southland homepage is plastered with photos of UCA athletes...xreadx xlolx

appfan2008
October 16th, 2007, 08:11 AM
congrats on the recognition...

UCABEARS75
October 16th, 2007, 08:42 AM
congrats on the recognition...

Thanks. It pales in comparison to what you guys got, deservedly so, a few weeks back but any positive we (FCS) teams get in the national media is good for everyone.

Even in Arkansas now we have had some media types stating on the air that "Nathan Brown is good enough to play Divsion I football" and that particular comment came from a UCA alumnus.

It is a daily battle for recognition so any positive recognition is welcomed.

JoshUCA
October 16th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks. It pales in comparison to what you guys got, deservedly so, a few weeks back but any positive we (FCS) teams get in the national media is good for everyone.

Even in Arkansas now we have had some media types stating on the air that "Nathan Brown is good enough to play Divsion I football" and that particular comment came from a UCA alumnus.

It is a daily battle for recognition so any positive recognition is welcomed.

Gotta love that Arkansas media...xsmhx