PDA

View Full Version : Team Speed!!!

appstate38
October 12th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Who has it??? And Who needs it???

terrierbob
October 12th, 2007, 10:46 AM
I know Wofford would not be described as having great team speed, but we sure do seem quicker than usual. Pursuit is having trouble getting to the outside and getting angles.

DOME
October 12th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Have you seen UBYE on the field? They have to be doping...

HIU 93
October 12th, 2007, 10:59 AM
We definitely have it.

OSBF
October 12th, 2007, 11:26 AM
MoSU has plenty. They have true frosh at QB and TB that are both outstanding. I thought they by far have the quickest team my birds have faced this year. They also elevate the tempo of the game with style of play, they do an excellent job of forcing you to play faster than you might want to.

PaladinFan
Offense: don't have it, don't want it, don't need it.

Defense: most certainly. Esp. at linebacker.

Seven Would Be Nice
We have it, and will have it for years to come. We got some great youngsters on our squad.

AppChicago
October 12th, 2007, 11:27 AM
It was the number one comment about us after the Michigan game. When AE's shoulder gets good and healed, we should see it again in spades.

Cobblestone
October 12th, 2007, 11:27 AM
It's essential when running an option type offense like we run. Sadly, the speed doesn't seem to there. I think our record indicates that.

MSUBear42
October 12th, 2007, 11:47 AM
MoSU has plenty. They have true frosh at QB and TB that are both outstanding. I thought they by far have the quickest team my birds have faced this year. They also elevate the tempo of the game with style of play, they do an excellent job of forcing you to play faster than you might want to.

Thanks OSBF!

McTailGator
October 12th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Who has it??? And Who needs it???

McNeese has got it. And they have a LOT of it on both sides of the ball.

xthumbsupx

GaSouthern
October 12th, 2007, 12:19 PM
GSU has is.... riding the pine due to injuries

(sans foster :) )

tke504oa
October 12th, 2007, 12:41 PM
I think Woffard has great team speed... I was not prepared to see them play the way they did against App. App has great team speed and when the list of injuries heal up I see em in the driver seat to bring home the hardware again.

Griz0383
October 12th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Montana has it!

bandl
October 12th, 2007, 01:58 PM
JMU's got a *****load of it. xnodx

seantaylor
October 13th, 2007, 12:16 AM
GSU has the fastest offense in the country.

McNeese75
October 13th, 2007, 12:20 AM
GSU has the fastest offense in the country.

xrolleyesx Maybe

UMass922
October 13th, 2007, 12:22 AM
UMass has it.

BDKJMU
October 13th, 2007, 01:31 AM
JMU's got a *****load of it. xnodx

"JMU's Goal: Speed PLUS Brawn On Defense"
http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=12255&CHID=3

"Quick-striking JMU flaunts its quickness in runaway triumph"
From the VMI coach:
"We couldn't never, ever match their speed," VMI coach Jim Reid said. "They have speed at every position. Holy mackerel. I could see this team winning another national championship here."
http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/sports/colleges.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2007-09-16-0340.html

From the Villanova coach:
"We didn't play real well in terms of execution, but I think that their defense had a lot to do with it," Talley said. "They're really speedy."
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/20070930_James_Madison_thumps_Villanova.html

You can sum this game up with a great quote this week from Nova coach Andy Talley. When asked about the game, he had this to say; “It’s not very hard to explain really. They just basically beat the Hell out of us.” He went on to elaborate further by saying the following; “. . . lot of speed. They were more physical than us, knocked us off the ball. Never really gave us a chance to get our feet set with the quarterback.” He went on to praise the play of Landers for JMU and had this to say about the quarterback play; “I felt, and I still feel that if our quarterback plays better than the other guys quarterback, most times we are going to win. I really thought our guy could come down there and play well but the speed of JMU’s defense didn’t allow us to do that. They just took him out of his rhythm and took us out of our rhythm. That was really the difference in the game.”
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/article.asp?articleid=87968

I don't know if anyone in the CAA, with the exception of maybe UMass, can match JMU's team speed. Probably not too many I-AA teams in the country can.

R.A.
October 13th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Hampton has probably had the fastest team in the FCS for the past couple of years... not that it has helped the Pirates win a playoffs game as of yet.

GaSouthern
October 13th, 2007, 07:42 AM
xrolleyesx Maybe

It's true, cause were a 1 man show or so they say, that means the entire offense runs a 4.3 :D

PaladinFan
October 13th, 2007, 08:18 AM
It's true, cause were a 1 man show or so they say, that means the entire offense runs a 4.3 :D

now that actually makes sense. xlolx

GaSouthern
October 13th, 2007, 08:30 AM
i'll be here all day ;)

JohnStOnge
October 13th, 2007, 09:31 AM
McNeese looks fast to me. The thing that makes me think they really are is that it's what seems to stand out to opposing coaches. Like Jerry Glanville saying, prior to the opening game, "They're extremely fast" or Texas State's coach talking about how fast they are in an article in which the author precedes the coach's commentary with "The buzzword is speed."

I honestly don't think McNeese is going to be at a team speed disadvantage vs. any FCS team it plays. They may have problems...but being able to match up speed wise isn't going to be one of them.

JohnStOnge
October 13th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Another example of what I'm talking about, from http://www.itemonline.com/sports/loc...286030836.html :

"They are the fastest team we have seen in our division this year and are very, very athletic."

Sam Houston Head Coach Todd Whitten.

"They are a great team that is very fast..."

Sam Houston safety Byran Richmond.

That's the way it's been all year. It seems to be something that stands out to opponents preparing to play the Cowboys.

McNeese75
October 13th, 2007, 01:13 PM

xlolx I can't argue with you on that one xthumbsupx

Chi Panther
October 13th, 2007, 03:32 PM
UNI Doesn't.....