PDA

View Full Version : Respect

Tailbone
September 4th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Many 1-A fans don't get it, and persist in classifying I-AA as D2.
Some however understand the difference.

From an Oklahoma State message board:

Minor note here...MSU is D1AA not D2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think it worth clarifying that MSU is D1-AA not D2. UCO and Pittsburg State are D-2. MSU can play, and they play well. D1AA has some good players - just not as much depth.

They have good players. I am NOT defending last night's performance, but don't say that we struggled against a D2 team. ........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
yea i was getting tired of people saying d2 since there is really only a 20 player difference in d1a and d1aa as far as schollies go and usually d 1aa teams are loaded with kids who can play but have low grades or transfered to get more playing time.

This comment in particular gives us all (but especially Bobcat fans) reason to be proud:

I told you guys a couple of months back not to take these guys (MSU Bobcats) lightly. Being in Idaho the last two years, I heard a lot about this team. They don't back down to anyone. They will stand tall and smash you in the mouth. And when you turn to spit out the blood, they'll pop ya from the other side. Anyone who would bear sub zero temperatures, high altitude, and being practically in the middle of nowhere to play football, has to be pretty serious about playing. I hate to say it, but we are damn lucky to be 1-0 right now. Hell, most of us just a few days ago were throwing up 40-0 and such type score predictions. I bet ya one thing...these guys were banking on coming here and winning. Had they had their premier receiver, they probably would have won by ten to 17 points

A perusal of the 1-A message boards has lead me to this observation:
The knowledgable fans give i-aa its due - the others are left with questions about the quality of their own programs. They deserve their angst.

To all I-AA programs who acquitted themselves so well this weekend - Thanks.

blukeys
September 4th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Good Points Tailbone. I actually don't get annoyed at the ignorant I-A fans. Like the rest of us they have jobs to go to, families to care for and a limited amount of time to actually look into their own teams and traditional opponents. I do get annoyed by the ignorant, condescending, pompous and arrogant members of the news media who consider themselves "sports reporters". After all these guys are getting paid TO COVER NOTHING BUT SPORTS. I've found it is not difficult educating my local Maryland or Penn State fans. They will listen consider our wins against I-A and make their judgements accordingly. Why we must struggle to educate the sports reporter weinies who should already know the facts is the one thing that gets my blood boiling. :mad: :mad: