PDA

View Full Version : Attention Mr. Burton!!

bluehenbillk
October 12th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Villanova over No. 4 UMass
With the Wildcats coming off a 63-24 thrashing of William & Mary, Villanova comes into this game with a 2-1 record with a chance to really upset the apple cart in the CAA title race. Can they do it? With quarterback Antawn Young going 22 for 28 last week for 216 yards, 4 touchdown passes and one touchdown run, you’ve got to give them a decent chance. You also wonder where UMass after their bye week, a week after narrowly losing to FBS Boston College 24-14. I’m going to take the red-hot team going into McGuirk stadium, inserting Villanova into the CAA discussion.
“I Didn’t See That Apple Cart, Officer” 27, Zoo-Massacred 23

Yea, I'm assuming you live in PA as I believe you're a LU grad which makes it even more embarassing that you write this a day or 2 after it goes public that Antawn Young is probably out for the year....

Research!! Research!! say it with me, Research!!

bandl
October 12th, 2007, 07:43 AM
With the Wildcats coming off a 63-24 thrashing of William & Mary, Villanova comes into this game with a 2-1 record with a chance to really upset the apple cart in the CAA title race. Can they do it? With quarterback Antawn Young going 22 for 28 last week for 216 yards, 4 touchdown passes and one touchdown run, you’ve got to give them a decent chance. You also wonder where UMass after their bye week, a week after narrowly losing to FBS Boston College 24-14. I’m going to take the red-hot team going into McGuirk stadium, inserting Villanova into the CAA discussion.

Yea, I'm assuming you live in PA as I believe you're a LU grad which makes it even more embarassing that you write this a day or 2 after it goes public that Antawn Young is probably out for the year....

HAHA...I just read that article on collegesportingnews.com about 2 minutes ago and was thinking the same thing!! xlolx Actually, I was thinking "what does he know about Young that I don't?" xconfusedx

bluehenbillk
October 12th, 2007, 07:48 AM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20071012_Villanova_loses_Young_for_season_to_injur y.html

Here's the link:

Umass74
October 12th, 2007, 08:05 AM
The CSN "Top-25 who, where when" article is garbled in the UMass-Villanova section. Northeastern's write-up is replacing Villanova's.

Notes: UMass played an FBS team for the eighth time in nine years, including the game at Boston College two weeks ago. The Minutemen have now dropped all eight games. Massachusetts held Boston College's quarterback Matt Ryan to just 204 yards passing, his lowest total of the season. Last weekend against Bowling Green, Ryan threw for 312 yards. UMass scored its first touchdown against Boston College in a 41-yard strike from Liam Coen to Rasheed Rancher with 10:00 left in the third quarter. It was Rancher's ninth career touchdown and Coen's 46th career TD pass, second all-time at UMass. Scott Woodward saw the most action of his career replacing an injured Coen in the fourth quarter. Woodward completed 7-of-11 for 58 yards. J.J. Moore moved to fourth in career receiving yards with 51 in the game. He now has 1,707 passing Chip Mitchell (1,680). Villanova's Anthony Orio tied a career high for pass attempts with 37 against James Madison. He last accomplished the feat against Youngstown State in 2005. He also tied his career high for touchdown passes in a game with two against the Dukes. He has accomplished that feat four times in his career. Maurice Murray led Northeastern, rushing for 182 yards against James Madison last week. Murray now has 13 career 100-yard games and his 182 yards last week was the second-highest total of his career. He rushed for 226 yards against Rhode Island in 2006. Murray has a chance to break four Northeastern career records this season. The running back is only nine TDs away from Northeastern’s total touchdowns record, three TDs away from the rushing touchdowns record, 732 yards away from the rushing yards record and 123 attempts away from the rushing attempts mark.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 12th, 2007, 08:40 AM
I'm going to petition to change the pick :o

The dangers of making picks before hearing everything about injuries!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 12th, 2007, 10:27 AM

Hey - this came out on Friday, and I wrote this on Wednesday! xmadx

I'm going to change the pick now that he's out, I think.

bluehenbillk
October 12th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Hey - this came out on Friday, and I wrote this on Wednesday! xmadx

I'm going to change the pick now that he's out, I think.

Actually, it was reported on a number of boards including here before Wednesday that he was prob done for the year, much less this Saturday..

GannonFan
October 12th, 2007, 11:17 AM
This was pretty much known that Young would be out for the year by Sunday night, and most nova posters knew about it sometime on Monday, or by Tuesday at the latest, and therefore most everyone else knew it (it showed up on the CAA board on Tuesday). The only thing that was missing was the official release of information, but the undercurrents of information were pretty clear much earlier than that.

CSN-info
October 12th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Actually, it was reported on a number of boards including here before Wednesday that he was prob done for the year, much less this Saturday..
This was pretty much known that Young would be out for the year by Sunday night, and most nova posters knew about it sometime on Monday, or by Tuesday at the latest, and therefore most everyone else knew it (it showed up on the CAA board on Tuesday). The only thing that was missing was the official release of information, but the undercurrents of information were pretty clear much earlier than that.CSN does not announce that a student-athlete is out for the season with injury before the school/coach announces it, based on what someone writes on a messageboard without proof.