PDA

View Full Version : Question about Playoff Non-Counters

grizband
October 11th, 2007, 09:46 PM
When is a team considered a non-counter, and when do they become a "counter?" I understand teams are not eligible for the playoffs for the first 5 years, but do they become "counters" before then?

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2007, 10:04 PM
As long as they are Div I teams (UCA did not count last year for instance, Presbyterian did not count this year)...they count.

Are you referring to FBS "counters"? FCS has no rules pertaining to counters outside of them needing to be Div I wins...

grizband
October 11th, 2007, 10:14 PM
As long as they are Div I teams (UCA did not count last year for instance, Presbyterian did not count this year)...they count.

Are you referring to FBS "counters"? FCS has no rules pertaining to counters outside of them needing to be Div I wins...
I was under the impression Presbyterian was Division I this year, because they are an FCS Independent.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I was under the impression Presbyterian was Division I this year, because they are an FCS Independent.

They count as a Div II for RPI purposes and the NCAA Div I win minimum. Next year, they count. Same goes for North Carolina Central and am I missing anyone else?

UCA was a Div II foe last year for those who scheduled them as was Winston Salem State. This year, they count.

grizband
October 11th, 2007, 10:27 PM
They count as a Div II for RPI purposes and the NCAA Div I win minimum. Next year, they count. Same goes for North Carolina Central and am I missing anyone else?

UCA was a Div II foe last year for those who scheduled them as was Winston Salem State. This year, they count.
So does that mean a school counts as a DII their first year in FCS for GPI and playoff purposes?

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2007, 10:30 PM
So does that mean a school counts as a DII their first year in FCS for GPI and playoff purposes?

Count as Div II for scheduling and RPI purposes, correct...

Go...gate
October 12th, 2007, 10:46 AM
The FBS "counter" system depends on the awarding and amount of scholarships, doesn't it?

danefan
October 12th, 2007, 10:49 AM
The FBS "counter" system depends on the awarding and amount of scholarships, doesn't it?

I think its 56

UAalum72
October 12th, 2007, 11:09 AM
56.7 (90% of 63) for a rolling two-year average