PDA

View Full Version : ending score tied..

terrierbob
October 11th, 2007, 12:46 PM
When was OT put in football? Most all of our old records have seasons like 8-2-1, 6-2-3, etc. I know Wofford had one year when it had more ties than wins or losses.

GannonFan
October 11th, 2007, 12:49 PM
You may not have a definitive year - some conferences introduced overtimes for conference games several years before OT was instituted throughout the NCAA. If the game was OOC, then it stayed tied, if it was a conference game, they played OT.

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2007, 12:59 PM
1996 WAS YEAR NCAA ADOPTED DUH RULE CHANGE TO MAKE OT STANDARD THROUGHOUT DIVISION IA COLLEGE FOOTBALL...............xnodx....BRAWK!

AH BELIEVE I-AA HAD IT IN EFFECT UH COUPLE YEARS B/FO'......BUT CAN'T FIND DUH PROOF......xsmhx...AWK!

1974 FOR PROS.....xnodx

WIKIPEDIA.ORGCOLLEGEFOOTBALLRULES

89Hen
October 11th, 2007, 01:11 PM
You may not have a definitive year - some conferences introduced overtimes for conference games several years before OT was instituted throughout the NCAA. If the game was OOC, then it stayed tied, if it was a conference game, they played OT.
xnodx The Yankee was the one that I first knew had the current OT format. I was at the first ever UD OT game vs. UNH in Newark while I was a student, so it had to have been 85-89. None of us had any idea what was going on.

andy7171
October 11th, 2007, 01:33 PM
xnodx The Yankee was the one that I first knew had the current OT format. I was at the first ever UD OT game vs. UNH in Newark while I was a student, so it had to have been 85-89. None of us had any idea what was going on.

I played a game in HS in 1988 that ended in the crazy "Kansas City" OT rule. It's kooky, but I think it's beter than the sudden death OT the NFL employs.

terrierbob
October 11th, 2007, 02:49 PM
I played a game in HS in 1988 that ended in the crazy "Kansas City" OT rule. It's kooky, but I think it's beter than the sudden death OT the NFL employs.

I take the bait. What is the KC OT rule? xconfusedx

89Hen
October 11th, 2007, 02:53 PM
I take the bait. What is the KC OT rule? xconfusedx
Both teams line up and start taking turns kicking each other in the nerts until only one player is left standing... still better than sudden death.

bandl
October 11th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Both teams line up and start taking turns kicking each other in the nerts until only one player is left standing... still better than sudden death.

aka - Roshambo

http://hcbb.info/images/roshamboCartman.jpg

terrierbob
October 11th, 2007, 03:54 PM

sounds like sudden death to me

98chev
October 11th, 2007, 04:38 PM
where the players wearing cups? cause if so that could go on for a long freaking time.

Uncle Buck
October 11th, 2007, 05:28 PM
I know my senior year in '94 we played UD to a 41-41 tie with no OT, but i believe OT was only for in conference games back then.