PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week.... sort of

89Hen
October 11th, 2007, 10:09 AM
I say 'sort of' because I'm not going to even include SIU at UNI... anyone who doesn't think that's clearly the game of the week is a big, fat homer. So let's vote on the SECOND best Game of the Week. :D xthumbsupx

OL FU
October 11th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I say 'sort of' because I'm not going to even include SIU at UNI... anyone who doesn't think that's clearly the game of the week is a big, fat homer. So let's vote on the SECOND best Game of the Week. :D xthumbsupx

That's tough. You are right all of the other ones are so far below that picking number 2 will require some head scratching

Uncle Buck
October 11th, 2007, 10:17 AM
I gotta say Montana St and E. Washington. With the offensive production and two conference losses, EWU needs this to possibly stay in playoff contention.

Obviously my #2 game is HU at Towson, but that's a home pick

andy7171
October 11th, 2007, 10:22 AM
I am interested to see who wins the Hampton/Norfolk State game. xthumbsupx

So if I didn't vote for the Hofstra-Towson game and UB didn't, who did? And I know it was that Towson hating GannonFan guy.xsmiley_wix

bandl
October 11th, 2007, 10:27 AM
I voted Montana State at Eastern Washington...I think the winner of this game has the inside shot at being the second Big Sky (IF the Big Sky gets 2) team in the playoffs behind UM...that's also assuming the winner of this game wins out the rest of the season. xreadx

bandl
October 11th, 2007, 10:28 AM

So who are YOU voting for?? Inquiring minds wanna know. xpeacex

citdog
October 11th, 2007, 10:29 AM
only one game on saturday. The Citadel versus the ****ING FURPLES!

HIU 93
October 11th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Yes, I am a big fat homer. To me, the Battle of the Bay is the game of the week, period. I want SIU to win every game before Nov. 17, so that is why I will be paying close attention to SIU vs. UNI, but I can tell you right now that my game of the week EVERY week from now on is the Hampton game. There is too much on the line to be worried about anybody else at this point.

lizrdgizrd
October 11th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Objectively, I had to vote for EWU and MSU. I think this game will decide if the BSC gets 2 teams into the playoffs or not.

My homer vote would be for GSU vs Elon because both of these teams have powerful offenses and if Elon wins this game they may have a shot at the playoffs this season. I would say Furman/Citadel but Furman's looking really weak now.

mcveyrl
October 11th, 2007, 11:19 AM
I voted Hampton/Norfolk State, wanna see if the Spartans are for real or if last week was a fluke. A win might put three MEAC teams in my top 25!! I also agree with what HIU is saying. A loss for Hampton and there's definitely no playoffs for them.

Also a little bit of a homer pick...lived in Va. Beach for four years. :)

spelunker64
October 11th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Between:

Sam Houston State at McNeese State (voted for)

&

Cal Poly at UC Davis (GWFC bias)

89Hen
October 11th, 2007, 11:56 AM
So who are YOU voting for?? Inquiring minds wanna know. xpeacex
Still thinking; I could make a case for any of them...

Villanova at Massachusetts - Nova can only afford one more loss
Hampton at Norfolk State - I don't think NSU is for real... we'll find out.
Furman at The Citadel - Loser is out of the playoffs IMO
Missouri State at Western Illinois - Is MSU for real?
Georgia Southern at Elon - Loser is out of the playoffs IMO (with who they have left)
Hofstra at Towson - TU must win out to make it
Montana State at Eastern Washington - MSU's first good test.
Sam Houston State at McNeese State - Bomar and SHSU are on the ropes.
Drake at San Diego - Biggest PFL game of the year.
Cal Poly at UC Davis - Davis can put a big hurt on CP's playoff hopes.

813Jag
October 11th, 2007, 12:34 PM
I'm intrigued by the Hampton/ Norfolk State game. But I'm also focusing on Southern/Jackson State, because a loss for Southern makes a shot at the SCG a really tough task, plus you just can't afford to lose two games at home.

89Hen
October 11th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Bump for more votes.

WUTNDITWAA
October 11th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I was going to vote for Appalachian vs. bye.

How's that for being a....xdohx

Grizo406
October 11th, 2007, 05:12 PM
In Grizo's World, it is clearly MSU vs EWU.

Really looking forward to this one!

Mr. Tiger
October 11th, 2007, 05:48 PM
The game of my week is Southern vs Jackson State. Big rivals. A coach reprimand. AP stories about ''hostile environments" and a packed house in Baton Rouge. xthumbsupx

UMass922
October 11th, 2007, 05:50 PM
I'll once again go with the MEAC game. Montana St.-EWU is a close second, though. EWU is likely done with a loss.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 11th, 2007, 05:52 PM
In Grizo's World, it is clearly MSU vs EWU.

Really looking forward to this one!

For sure. I'm looking forward to it even more so. We're not going to let ourselves get shut out by the Montana teams this year; that hasn't happened in a long ass time!

Walkon79
October 11th, 2007, 06:26 PM
I voted Montana State at Eastern Washington...I think the winner of this game has the inside shot at being the second Big Sky (IF the Big Sky gets 2) team in the playoffs behind UM...that's also assuming the winner of this game wins out the rest of the season. xreadx

Uh...If the Cats win this week and win out, that's 10-1 and undisputed Big Sky Champs.

Gil Dobie
October 11th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Villanova vs UMass. xthumbsupx

BigApp
October 11th, 2007, 10:20 PM
personally, I can't WAIT till that drake/san diego matchup.

USDFAN_55
October 11th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Call me a
http://foxsports.foxnews.com/id/5945392_36_3.jpg
I can't wait for the Drake @ San Diego game.

TheValleyRaider
October 11th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Tough choice, but I had to go with Montana State-Eastern Washington. Probably the conference's #2 and #3 teams duking it out for a leg-up behind Montana (although that could easily change if one of them knocks off the Grizzlies).

None of the CAA matchups really did it for me in the same way, and I'd probably rank the San Diego-Drake game as my #2 matchup (or is that #3?)

Good thing UNI-SIU shaped up as the Game of the Week (Year?), otherwise, this could have been a very tough choice

DOME
October 12th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I really want to see two Iowa teams win out so I voted for Drake.
Go Bulldogs! (Until Basketball season then @$#! 'em!)