PDA

View Full Version : Friday 1st Rd Playoff Game

bluehenbillk
October 11th, 2007, 07:23 AM
Maybe I missed this somewhere:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2986748

There's a 1st round game on Friday the day after T-Giving at 1:30pm on ESPN. Maybe this has been discussed but I haven't seen this since Steve McNair was on against YSU in the Tressel days.

AppGirl
October 11th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Friday at 1:30?!? Hope the schools are close together. Could make travel interesting.

Cap'n Cat
October 11th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Friday at 1:30?!? Hope the schools are close together. Could make travel interesting.

It's true. It will be Montana at UNI.

xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

UDBlueLotFan
October 11th, 2007, 07:57 AM
DSU at UDxsmiley_wix

andy7171
October 11th, 2007, 08:37 AM

I'm sure at least one team would be having a Thanksgiving pre-game meal as a team in the hotel.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2007, 09:20 AM
No quarterfinals on ESPN?

They're going to be on ESPN+, I'd assume?

appstate38
October 11th, 2007, 09:28 AM
There is no reason why ESPN shouldn't broadcast all the games. There is enough of a following among the FCS to support it. Plus the FBS guys are finishing up their seasons and preparing to go bowling so it isn't like there is a bunch of conflicts for viewing time. All or most of the big rivalry games have already been played by then.

GannonFan
October 11th, 2007, 10:58 AM
There is no reason why ESPN shouldn't broadcast all the games. There is enough of a following among the FCS to support it. Plus the FBS guys are finishing up their seasons and preparing to go bowling so it isn't like there is a bunch of conflicts for viewing time. All or most of the big rivalry games have already been played by then.

Well, the first round games would conflict as there are plenty of big games played Thanksgiving and through that weekend. The later rounds, sure, but the first rounds would still conflict.

appfan2008
October 11th, 2007, 11:09 AM
i still wish that week was a bye week or maybe playin games next year bc for students that live far away it is really hard to get back to support your team and if the games start being on friday and the afternoon of friday! that will be impossible

Grizzaholic
October 11th, 2007, 11:12 AM
It's true. It will be Montana at UNI.

xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

Maybe Montana at App?

lizrdgizrd
October 11th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Maybe Montana at App?
I'll take that one! xthumbsupx

brownbear
October 11th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Well, the first round games would conflict as there are plenty of big games played Thanksgiving and through that weekend. The later rounds, sure, but the first rounds would still conflict.

There are a lot fewer FBS games that weekend than you would have on a normal weekend and many of the games are put on the major networks. Georgia-Georgia Tech, Florida-Florida State, and a bunch of the other games are usually shown on ABC or CBS, or played on Thursday and Friday.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 11th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Nahhh, JMU fianlly gets a home game, the day after thanksgiving. Somehow it seems fitting... We'd probably be playing a good team as well since it's ESPN. Youngstown St., App St. or Wofford - remember geography as the primary indicator for who plays whom. Of all of those, I only see us getting a home game against Wofford. Ouch.

98chev
October 11th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Montana and UNI

bluehenbillk
October 11th, 2007, 12:15 PM
There is no reason why ESPN shouldn't broadcast all the games. There is enough of a following among the FCS to support it.

Huh? Based on what?

89Hen
October 11th, 2007, 12:18 PM
FWIW, I would love to go to a UD playoff game on Friday instead of Saturday. xnodx xthumbsupx ... then again, at this point I'd love to go to ANY UD playoff game. xthumbsupx

Hansel
October 11th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Delaware St @ Delaware

89Hen
October 11th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Delaware St @ Delaware
I hope. xthumbsupx

edit: except I will be coming from the beach so I'll have to drive through Dover and get stuck with the dozens of DSU fans coming up.

montanafan
October 11th, 2007, 12:42 PM
You guys think Montana will travel. You guys are just being silly. You should all know that Montana does not travel during the playoffs. We bring too much money to the table to travel. We will have home games all the way.:D :D :D

UDBlueLotFan
October 11th, 2007, 02:42 PM
89, dozens?...you give them too much credit. They'll be plenty of cars with UD flags and magnets coming up from the southxthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
October 11th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I saw a few college hockey games on the list... Surprised there was no UNH games listed since they will be starring the #2 overall pick from this years NHL draft on their first line.

Go...gate
October 11th, 2007, 04:25 PM
Colgate will play at Montana in a blizzard.

McNeeserocket
October 11th, 2007, 05:40 PM
You guys think Montana will travel. You guys are just being silly. You should all know that Montana does not travel during the playoffs. We bring too much money to the table to travel. We will have home games all the way.:D :D :D

Although most of the time that statement is correct, I must point out the exceptions I personally know about. In 1997, Montana traveled to Lake Charles to play McNeese in a first round playoff game that was a nailbitter, with McNeese winning it in the last minute or so of the game.

Then in 2002, Montana made another trip to the bayou land to play McNeese in the second round of the playoffs with the same excitement and result.

And yes, you don't need to remind me and other Cowboy faithful, that McNeese has traveled to your house twice during the playoffs and the Cowboys lost both times in your house.

UMass922
October 11th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Delaware St @ Delaware

That would be a great way to open the playoffs.

ASUdrummer
October 11th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Man, Montana @ App for the OPENING ROUND in the Playoffs would be NUTS! Who wouldn't want to see that?! As far as Montana traveling, "The Rock" is bringing in 27,000+ every Saturday these days so I don't think Montana is where the money is. Those days ended after the 2005 season. Although Thanksgiving is going to put a dent in the numbers anywhere you go : /

UDBlueLotFan
October 11th, 2007, 09:45 PM
27k?xeyebrowx Is this counting the deer in the woods? Thought you guys were doing 23/24k..counting the passed out co-eds in the parking lot:D

ASUdrummer
October 11th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Attendance for our 3 home games thus far are as follows:
vs. Lenoir Rhyne 28,802
vs. Northern Ariz. 27,104
vs. Gardner Webb 27, 428

...and these aren't conference or playoff games!

UDBlueLotFan
October 12th, 2007, 06:59 AM
How do you get 27k+ in a stadium that seats 16,650? You have the grass area, but even then? Checked out the virtual tour, very nicexthumbsupx Too bad you have a track around the field.xnonono2x Sort of takes away from the image of "The Rock."

ASUdrummer
October 12th, 2007, 06:29 PM
How do you get 27k+ in a stadium that seats 16,650? You have the grass area, but even then? Checked out the virtual tour, very nicexthumbsupx Too bad you have a track around the field.xnonono2x Sort of takes away from the image of "The Rock."

Great question! This season people have been sitting up in the hill BEHIND the hill. It seems the Championships brought a little bigger fan base than the school was ready for but I'm game. The renovations are 'supposed' to be done in time for the 2008 seeason but we'll see. As for the track, unfortunately there's only so much room for sports on the side of a mountain. They toyed with the idea of building a new stadium off campus but obviously went away from that. Thanks for the interest!

proasu89
October 12th, 2007, 08:34 PM

Wtf, we've got a track around our field? Sean Connery is gonna be pissed when he finds out.

Cap'n Cat
October 12th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Maybe Montana at App?

Either place, you'd be toasted.

xnodx

Peems
October 12th, 2007, 08:43 PM

xnodx

Just like UNI at Montana;)
xnodx

BDKJMU
October 12th, 2007, 08:49 PM

Montana in the playoffs, 1st round definitely at home. But not past the 1st round if Montana doesn't get a seed. Drop one game on Montana's schedule, and possibly no seed. Finish 9-2, and definitely no seed.

proasu89
October 12th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Not trying to wish time away, we have some exciting games coming up, but the playoffs should be a GREAT collection of gamesxthumbsupx

lizrdgizrd
October 13th, 2007, 12:13 PM

xnodx
When you're right, you're right. xthumbsupx