PDA

View Full Version : 17,000 to pack fabulous UNI-Dome for SIU game!!

igo4uni
October 10th, 2007, 10:52 PM
"We expect right at 17,000," said UNI athletic director Rick Hartzell. "Capacity of the building is 16,800, so we'll have a little bit for standing-room."

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2007/10/09/news/metro/59f02499abb13e968625736f004c8a36.txt

BisBison
October 10th, 2007, 11:39 PM
"We expect right at 17,000," said UNI athletic director Rick Hartzell. "Capacity of the building is 16,800, so we'll have a little bit for standing-room."

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2007/10/09/news/metro/59f02499abb13e968625736f004c8a36.txt

congrats uni, sellouts rock. xhurrayx can't wait to be playing you guys again.xthumbsupx

skinny_uncle
October 11th, 2007, 06:46 AM
The more the merrier.
:D

Cap'n Cat
October 11th, 2007, 07:15 AM
The more the merrier.

Pack some ice and gauze!

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx :D :D :D ;) ;)

UDBlueLotFan
October 11th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Weird reading about a game, homecoming at that, expecting a sellout when you've had a sell out every game for several yrsxthumbsupx I would expect a program like UNI to sell out every home game. You only need 17k butts:D

pantherfan
October 11th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Weird reading about a game, homecoming at that, expecting a sellout when you've had a sell out every game for several yrsxthumbsupx I would expect a program like UNI to sell out every home game. You only need 17k butts:D

Yes, but when you are situated in the middle of corn fields with two BCS teams within an hour and a half drive, it puts a crimp on attendance. Must be nice in Delaware being the "only ticket" around... xwhistlex

UDBlueLotFan
October 11th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Yeah, but we all know UNI is better than those other two flunkies. Too bad you couldn't have knocked out the Hawkeyes also this yrxthumbsupx

UDBlueLotFan
October 11th, 2007, 08:46 AM
PantherFan, "Only game in town?" We have the MEAC-leading DSU Hornets less than an hour away! Too bad their University doesn't know itxsmhx

AmsterBison
October 11th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Great crowd!

unigriff
October 11th, 2007, 09:15 AM
the hard thing for UNI is being the smaller, lil brother to Iowa and ISU....Iowa somehow always has home games the same weekend as us and there is a very large Hawkeye fanbase here at the school...which is another topic all in itself that pisses me off, but yea...

There are that select couple dozen of students that will make the trip to iowa city to see the 11am game (which they could save their money and watch it on the tube...or at least used to be able to to do until the BTN came to) and still make it back in time for the 4 or 5pm UNI game. (FYI...i am not one of those people...purple baby...purple!)

Ronin
October 11th, 2007, 04:19 PM
UNI used to be known as Suitcase U. with everyone running home or to IA City to party. It's good to see a sellout crowd at the dome. The success of the football and basketball teams has kept some of the students over the weekend. However, I suspect many of the fans will not be students, but Alum and people from the surrounding communities that are disappointed in the two bigger schools performance.

98chev
October 11th, 2007, 04:31 PM
after you sell out one more will follow, I just hope your crowd doesn't leave at halftime like ndsu's.

Ronin
October 11th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Those that attend stay typically for the whole game. Even if they are behind UNI can put up points in a hurry at home -- no wind, fast track.

crunifan
October 11th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Those that attend stay typically for the whole game. Even if they are behind UNI can put up points in a hurry at home -- no wind, fast track.

It's the truth.

In fact, the team that knows this the best is coming to visit this weekend. xlolx

Reed Rothchild
October 11th, 2007, 07:07 PM
after you sell out one more will follow,

Less than 1500 tickets remain for the YSU game on Oct 27

BearsCountry
October 11th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Man hopefully we can keep winning and Plaster can have 17k+ when UNI comes rolling in for the Terry Allen Bowl.

MSUBear42
October 11th, 2007, 08:30 PM
I could see it if we win 1 of these next 2 on the road and destroy ISU.

PantherRob82
October 11th, 2007, 08:46 PM
You bringing some toilet paper griff? we need to get some in.

skinny_uncle
October 11th, 2007, 09:16 PM
You bringing some toilet paper griff? we need to get some in.

You may need some kleenex on Saturday.

DOME
October 12th, 2007, 10:50 AM
This sellout is awesome, I was a student from fall02 through may07 and have watched this fan base grow and grow.
It helps when the "other two" teams in the state continue to disapoint. :)

I will say that if I have to pick a single college football memory it would be 2005. After the texas state game I called the spring break company I was working for and chartered two motor coaches and took 100 of my closest friends on a 14 hour booze cruise to Chatanooga! Man I wish I could still be on campus this year...

pantherfan
October 12th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Man hopefully we can keep winning and Plaster can have 17k+ when UNI comes rolling in for the Terry Allen Bowl.

We already had the TA bowl last year at UNI's homecoming. Now he's just another MSU coach that gets beat by UNI. Nothing to see...;)

*sarcasm aside, that is the only game other than this weekend that really worries me for a trip-up...*xcoffeex

skinny_uncle
October 12th, 2007, 12:30 PM
We already had the TA bowl last year at UNI's homecoming. Now he's just another MSU coach that gets beat by UNI. Nothing to see...;)

*sarcasm aside, that is the only game other than this weekend that really worries me for a trip-up...*xcoffeex
How long do you figure until some Penguin fan takes the bait?

Mountain Panther
October 12th, 2007, 01:03 PM

Or WIU fan?

pantherfan
October 12th, 2007, 01:05 PM

We'll see...I expect to get a response soon here..;)

pantherfan
October 12th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Or WIU fan?

Western can't beat us in Macombe. If it was in the Dome I'd be a little more worried...xcoffeex

unigriff
October 12th, 2007, 02:04 PM
by the way rob...yes ill bring the toilet paper, and bring some kleenex for skinny, but seeing as he wont be in attendance..(unless the Mrs. Skinny decided to miss that wedding) then ill have to give it to coach Kill.

skinny_uncle
October 12th, 2007, 03:46 PM
by the way rob...yes ill bring the toilet paper, and bring some kleenex for skinny, but seeing as he wont be in attendance..(unless the Mrs. Skinny decided to miss that wedding) then ill have to give it to coach Kill.
Too late to make the trip, but there should be some disease that could keep me home where i could see it on the tube.

Cap'n Cat
October 12th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Too late to make the trip, but there should be some disease that could keep me home where i could see it on the tube.

xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

You talk all this SIU shat on three or four websites...

...and you ain't even going????

Puss.

xrolleyesx

skinny_uncle
October 12th, 2007, 08:54 PM

You talk all this SIU shat on three or four websites...

Puss.

xrolleyesx
I heard you are going fishing this weekend with the missus.
??????????????

Cap'n Cat
October 12th, 2007, 09:03 PM
??????????????

No, with D1B.

Cap'n Cat
October 12th, 2007, 09:04 PM
??????????????

Go see my thread at Salukitalk.

skinny_uncle
October 12th, 2007, 09:13 PM
??????????????

No, with D1B.

You talk all this UNI shat on three or four websites...

Puss.

xrolleyesx

???????????????????????????????????????????????

PantherRob82
October 12th, 2007, 09:23 PM
I saw a few SIU players at the mall tonight. Thought that was odd.

skinny_uncle
October 12th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Do you figure they are too nervous to shop?
xlolx

Reed Rothchild
October 12th, 2007, 09:56 PM

Visiting teams usually stay at the Holiday Inn across the street and they were probably given some free time to wander

Cap'n Cat
October 12th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Visiting teams usually stay at the Holiday Inn across the street and they were probably given some free time to wander

Check the police log in the Waterloo Courier tomorrow, to see who's NOT playing.

;)

Cap'n Cat
October 12th, 2007, 10:30 PM
???????????????????????????????????????????????

But, I'm not talking shat left and right like you, Uncky!

xlolx xlolx xlolx

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Do you figure they are too nervous to shop?
xlolx

No but letting your players wander a short walk from campus on the oposing teams homecoming while a bunch of drunk morons are roaming doesn't seem like a good idea.

I did talk to them and was polite. xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Check the police log in the Waterloo Courier tomorrow, to see who's NOT playing.

;)

no, that's their basketball team. xeekx xrolleyesx

BearsCountry
October 13th, 2007, 12:45 AM
no, that's their basketball team. xeekx xrolleyesx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Reed Rothchild
October 13th, 2007, 09:20 AM
I'm looking forward to driving up to CF from Des Moines and experiencing a packed UNI-DOME! Too bad the Capn can't be there.