PDA

View Full Version : Question for App St Fans

LehighFan11
October 10th, 2007, 09:34 PM
I just looked at the box score for last weeks game. Coco Hilliary was 4/5 for 83 yards passing and 1td. I remember him making that catch that put them into field goal range v. michigan. Is he now the 3rd string quarterback? It would be really awesome if he was playing quarterback because he would present a huge problem for the defense to try to stop that option (assuming he is a passing threat). Thanks

appman111
October 10th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Hillary was recruited as a QB. He started in the state all-star game I believe. He redshirted last season because Armanti came pretty much out of nowhere. Coco moved to WR this season after his redshirt was up because he's simply too good to sit on the bench. With Armanti injured, Coco is now the backup quarterback...and he'll likely be the backup after Trey graduates this season, seeing the field as a WR and a QB occasionally.

asufan87
October 10th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Until Edwards returns, Hillary is essentially our 2nd team QB behind Trey Elder. Hillary put up big numbers at QB his senior year in HS. 3100 total yds (2300 passing, 800 rushing, 37 TDs). State 3-A player of the year in SC his senior year.

LehighFan11
October 10th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Wow that is awesome. I saw him in the michigan game and i thought he was a 5'6" small slot WR so i was surpised to see passing statistics for him. Thanks guys

asufan87
October 10th, 2007, 10:05 PM
He's listed at 5-10 which is pretty accurate.

MaximumBobcat
October 10th, 2007, 11:45 PM
I only ever saw him play vs. UM, but I remembered the name. He is good.