PDA

View Full Version : MSU @ EWU

Screamin_Eagle174
October 10th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Eastern Washington takes on the nationally ranked Montana teams in back to back weekends. After a dominating, 550+ yards, "close but no cigar" game in Washington-Grizzly, the Eags look to stay in playoff contention and lay a smack down against a tough Montana State team at home in Cheney. The Cats look to keep their record somewhat spotless... can it be done?

EWU 27
MSU 21

Grizaholic17
October 10th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Eastern Washington takes on the nationally ranked Montana teams in back to back weekends. After a dominating, 550+ yards, "close but no cigar" game in Washington-Grizzly, the Eags look to stay in playoff contention and lay a smack down against a tough Montana State team at home in Cheney. The Cats look to keep their record somewhat spotless... can it be done?

EWU 27
MSU 21

I voted for the Eagles, but afterwards wanted to undo it. I think the Eags will win, but I want Montana State to win, so that Cat/Griz game is a battle of top ranked teams!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
October 11th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Bump for more votes.

Grizo406
October 11th, 2007, 06:28 PM
I'd like to see the Bobcats win this one.

They certainly have the team, and coach to do it.

I think the Eagles might want the win a bit more, and the score just might prove it.

98chev
October 11th, 2007, 07:03 PM
I think that the Eagles want it more, I think they want to prove to montana (as a state) that they can compete with them and win rather than compete and get beat in a barn burner.

CopperCat
October 11th, 2007, 07:14 PM
I think that the Eagles want it more, I think they want to prove to montana (as a state) that they can compete with them and win rather than compete and get beat in a barn burner.

MSU has had two rather embarassing losses to EWU that past two years. To say that EWU wants it more pretty much ignores this. If I'm a DB or LB playing for the Cats, I'm hitting everyone as hard as I can and making every play that I can to get the W.

What I would give to beat EWU soundly.

mistersykes
October 11th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I voted for EWU, but I think it will be a close game, and either team could come out with a win. I wish I could watch it!

GOKATS
October 11th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Should be a helluva game, but I say the Cats win on the road 31-21. Cats 'D' is top notch and will limit the Eagles 'O'. Cats 'O' will come to life & control time of possession.

SeattleGriz
October 11th, 2007, 10:14 PM
I chose EWU because they are at home, but I really have no clue as to who wins this game.

I felt MSU took an undeserved "shot in the polls" when Kramer was fired, and they have climbed their way back up with some great D. But EWU is EWU and they seem to play well anywhere.

This game will really shine some light on the Big Sky.

Peems
October 11th, 2007, 10:31 PM
What time is the game? and will it be on altitude in MT?

eagle1
October 11th, 2007, 11:06 PM
EWU will be ready for this game because they have more to lose. I am sure the Montana State D is good but they haven't played an offense like EWU's this year. I think that the Bobcats will be surprised how stout EWU is against the run. Ask the Griz about the Eagles run defense. I am definitely not saying that EWU is going to blowout the Cats but it will be at least a 10 point win. Hope to see a packed house at Woodward on Saturday and I hope that the majority of the fans are Eagle fans. Go Eagles!!!

DuckDuckGriz
October 12th, 2007, 01:49 AM
EWU will be ready for this game because they have more to lose. I am sure the Montana State D is good but they haven't played an offense like EWU's this year. I think that the Bobcats will be surprised how stout EWU is against the run. Ask the Griz about the Eagles run defense. I am definitely not saying that EWU is going to blowout the Cats but it will be at least a 10 point win. Hope to see a packed house at Woodward on Saturday and I hope that the majority of the fans are Eagle fans. Go Eagles!!!

EWU < Texas A&M

Screamin_Eagle174
October 12th, 2007, 12:53 PM
EWU < Texas A&M

I think what he meant to say was that they haven't played a team with an offense like ours and WON! xlolx

kmax
October 12th, 2007, 01:15 PM
EWU will be ready for this game because they have more to lose. I am sure the Montana State D is good but they haven't played an offense like EWU's this year. I think that the Bobcats will be surprised how stout EWU is against the run. Ask the Griz about the Eagles run defense. I am definitely not saying that EWU is going to blowout the Cats but it will be at least a 10 point win. Hope to see a packed house at Woodward on Saturday and I hope that the majority of the fans are Eagle fans. Go Eagles!!!Wow, that's sad. I know the blue and gold will be well supported, but I didn't realize it was a question whether the red, white and black would be.

Peems, to answer your question on TV coverage, game is at 3:05 mountain time and will be on the Max media stations (no Altitude) throughout MT:
KWYB ABC28 Bozeman
KWYB ABC18 Butte
KFBB ABC5 Great Falls
KHBB ABC21 Helena
KTMF ABC23 Missoula
KTMF ABC42 Kalispell
KULR NBC8 Billings

MCCat
October 12th, 2007, 01:16 PM
EWU < Texas A&M

We'll see what offensive team shows up for the Cats...the one that looked very inept against SUU or the one that outgained and out TOP'ed A&M.

The Cats never seemed to play very well against EWU under Kramer (maybe Paul knew Mike too well), I hope Ash doesn't have the same issues.

I'm sure the Cats D will be its same old very tough self, I just hope they get some help from the O or it will be a LONG day for MSU.

Walkon79
October 12th, 2007, 02:54 PM
Wow, that's sad. I know the blue and gold will be well supported, but I didn't realize it was a question whether the red, white and black would be.

Peems, to answer your question on TV coverage, game is at 3:05 mountain time and will be on the Max media stations (no Altitude) throughout MT:
KWYB ABC28 Bozeman
KWYB ABC18 Butte
KFBB ABC5 Great Falls
KHBB ABC21 Helena
KTMF ABC23 Missoula
KTMF ABC42 Kalispell
KULR NBC8 Billings

Also televised in Spokane, according to the MSU SID.

Here's the satellite link as well

SATELLITE: AMC-5; 14H Slot C; Freq: 12115 H; Symbol rate: 04340; FEC:
Automatic.

barechestcat
October 12th, 2007, 03:28 PM
I feel the teams are about even. So, it comes down to how they execute their game plans. This game could be a blowout win (in this case +10) or it could be a very tight game.

I don't think home field is going to play a factor. Two years ago there was a very large contingency of MSU fans at this game and we'll be very strong in numbers again.

Also, due to EWU's injury situation this year, I think that depth becomes a concern late in the game with MSU having the edge.

TOP and Turnover ratio will be key stats.

In the end, I think MSU wins 24-21.

CopperCat
October 12th, 2007, 08:39 PM

I'm gonna keep this one in the back of my mind while I'm listening to the game.

TokyoGriz
October 12th, 2007, 09:23 PM
MSU can just watch the tapes of the Montana game from last week on how NOT to defend the Eagles.

I would guess MSU learns from this, actually bothers to cover the recievers and gets some pressure on the QB.

MSU 21 EW 14

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Wow, that's sad. I know the blue and gold will be well supported, but I didn't realize it was a question whether the red, white and black would be.

KWYB ABC28 Bozeman
KWYB ABC18 Butte
KFBB ABC5 Great Falls
KHBB ABC21 Helena
KTMF ABC23 Missoula
KTMF ABC42 Kalispell
KULR NBC8 Billings

Thanks, I'll probably periodically check in on this game while the Griz are on. Hopefully the Griz game won't be close and I can peruse both

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 04:03 PM
POST ALL UPDATES PERTAINING TO THIS GAME IN THIS THREAD. GAME TO START SHORTLY

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Eastern has the ball and is currently on the 50

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Bobcats had the ball, but will now punt

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Still scoreless, EWU punts and downs it inside the 10

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Cats get nothing going and punt it away.

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Cats now have the ball and have the ball inside the EWU 20

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Rolovich fires it to the ten...close to a first.

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Not a first, they try to run it on 3rd and no success.

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 04:37 PM
FG upcoming, 25 yards out and it's good

3-0 Cats

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Nicholls fires it to WR Jackson for a TD 7-3 EWU

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Currently 10-7 Cats

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Nicholls makes an amazing throw and TD for EWU!!! xeekx

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 05:07 PM
14-10 EWU

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 05:15 PM
any cat fans watching this game? The Griz are once again, making their game very interesting so I have been sticking wit the griz(AKA they are sucking)

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Eastern QB Nicholls has left the game with an injury

MaroonMafia
October 13th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Nichols is back in...

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 05:27 PM
Good game going on down in Cheney

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 05:29 PM
1:26 left in the half 14-10 EWU

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 05:39 PM
The Cats intercepted a pass with about 20 odd seconds left and have the ball on the 50 about and the cats are going for it all and the ball is batted down...1 second left.

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 05:53 PM
14-10 EWU Half

2nd half to start soon

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 06:33 PM
21-13 EWU

CopperCat
October 13th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Make that 28-13. Our D is playing like crap.

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 06:47 PM
Make that 28-13. Our D is playing like crap.

Trust me it's not your D, it's their O

CopperCat
October 13th, 2007, 06:56 PM
I absolutely despise how we can never beat EWU, new coaches or not. I daresay that I dislike EWU more than UM. Listening to this game makes me want to throw up.

Screamin_Eagle174
October 13th, 2007, 08:31 PM
There was no way MSU was going to win today; we were playing with heart. Eastern played just like they did in Montana, minus all the penalties. That, and the dropped pass at the end of the first half, with 20+ yards of running room in front of the receiver, yeah that didn't help you guys out too much...

skinny_uncle
October 13th, 2007, 08:45 PM
This was an "upset" a lot of us saw coming. Congrats to EWU.
xthumbsupx

GOKATS
October 13th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Trust me it's not your D, it's their O

Nope, Cats D sucked today- couldn't stop the run or the pass & forgot how to tackle.

We'll figure it out & be OK.xthumbsupx

DuckDuckGriz
October 13th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Eastern is a very good team. It's unfortunate (for them) they had a couple bad breaks because they should definetly be in the top 15.

Peems
October 13th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Nope, Cats D sucked today- couldn't stop the run or the pass & forgot how to tackle.

We'll figure it out & be OK.xthumbsupx

I'll take your word, I only got to watch certain parts of the game, but I did record it I'll look back at it later.

DaGriz
October 13th, 2007, 10:59 PM
I daresay that I dislike EWU more than UM.

xeekx