PDA

View Full Version : Texas St. vs Central Arkansas - Televised

UCAMonkey
October 10th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Thursday, October 11 at 7PM the SLC matchup between Tx St @ UCA will be broadcast on Fox Sports Southwest. xthumbsupx

Purple Pride
October 10th, 2007, 01:37 PM
xprost2x xbandwagonx

UCAMonkey
October 10th, 2007, 02:25 PM
xprost2x xbandwagonx

That's what I'm talking about. xthumbsupx

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics29/500/SV/SVYBFVMYAPNRYVM.20071010135418.jpg

MaximumBobcat
October 10th, 2007, 03:13 PM
pred:

txst 27
uca 21

ArrowsATC
October 10th, 2007, 03:36 PM
If this game is that low scoring, we both did an amazing job on defense and the entire TxState team should be SLC Defensive players of the game.

Dallas Demon
October 10th, 2007, 05:09 PM
UCA will win - big and going away.

GeauxColonels
October 10th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Awesome! I'll definitely check it out! Thanks for the heads-up!!!

KATS_21
October 10th, 2007, 07:07 PM
UCA will dominate the kitties.

I say this after watching UCA handle the Kats in Huntsville the previous week.

JohnStOnge
October 10th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Are you sure? The TV thing that comes with the BR paper shows Rockets basketball then a Rockets preseason game in that time slot on Fox Sports Southwest.

JohnStOnge
October 10th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Never mind. Just checked the Southland site and it sure enough says that.

MaximumBobcat
October 10th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Are you sure? The TV thing that comes with the BR paper shows Rockets basketball then a Rockets preseason game in that time slot on Fox Sports Southwest.

That sounds like FSN-Houston. But who knows, all the FSN channels kind of do their own thing.

slycat
October 10th, 2007, 08:06 PM
i predict a uca win but im excited to see the game on tv and see ucas stadium.

McNeese_beat
October 10th, 2007, 09:06 PM
That sounds like FSN-Houston. But who knows, all the FSN channels kind of do their own thing.

If that's the case, then we might not get it in Lake Charles because I believe we are designated a Fox Sports-Houston market. That would totally suck because I'd much rather watch this game than a preseason NBA game.

blackfordpu
October 10th, 2007, 10:34 PM
UCA will handle the bobkitties.

igo4uni
October 10th, 2007, 11:02 PM
UCA will handle the bobkitties.

Sure.......why not??

blackfordpu
October 10th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Sure.......why not??

Do you even know what we are talking about?xlolx ;)

McNeese72
October 11th, 2007, 08:13 AM
If that's the case, then we might not get it in Lake Charles because I believe we are designated a Fox Sports-Houston market. That would totally suck because I'd much rather watch this game than a preseason NBA game.

If it means anything, Gary, the online TV Guide listings for Suddenlink in Sulphur have the UCA-Tex St. game listed.

If a freaking Houton Rocket basketball game comes on instead, I'm going to be pissed. I'd rather watch the Valdosta St.-Delta St. football game on Cox Sports than NBA preseason basketball.

Doc

MaximumBobcat
October 11th, 2007, 09:30 AM
I'd rather watch the Valdosta St.-Delta St. football game on Cox Sports than NBA preseason basketball.

The Rockets aren't even playing another NBA team, they're playing a Greek team, Panathinaikos. xsmhx

McNeese75
October 11th, 2007, 10:41 AM
The Rockets aren't even playing another NBA team, they're playing a Greek team, Panathinaikos. xsmhx

Oh then I am sure we will get stuck with the BB game over here xbawlingx

Purple Pride
October 11th, 2007, 11:14 AM
If you can't see it and you want to listen......

http://ucasports.com/

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 11th, 2007, 12:54 PM
can we move this televised game until AFTER our defensive problems are fixed? thanks!xthumbsupx

JohnStOnge
October 11th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Thursday, October 11 at 7PM the SLC matchup between Tx St @ UCA will be broadcast on Fox Sports Southwest. xthumbsupx

Hopefully the article at the Southland site is accurate. It says "FSN-Southwest." My TV guide thing says the Rockets Basketball stuff and the TV directory channel on Ea Tel fiber optic (my provider) says the same thing for "FSNSW." That's Channel 38; which is Fox Sports Network Southwest on my system.

What worries me is that my on-TV directory has something called "FSC" with the Texas State/Central Arkansas game...but I can't get that one. It's a pay per view channel.

JohnStOnge
October 11th, 2007, 05:11 PM
The Baton Rouge Advocate on line Sports on TV thing says the game is on " FSNH." I don't like the looks of that as it looks like the Fox Sports Network Houston thing. Well, I guess I'll know in an hour and 50 minutes.

JohnStOnge
October 11th, 2007, 05:17 PM
HOORAY! I went to the Fox Sports Network Southwest site and its TV Guide thing says Channel 38 on my system will have the SWT/UCA game.

BobbyMo
October 11th, 2007, 07:16 PM
For what its worth, I have it on Fox Sports Central.

Edit: I was wrong, it is on FCS Central

lassic
October 11th, 2007, 07:24 PM
in austin-south, I mean Houston, we got basketball

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2007, 07:32 PM
If you can't see it and you want to listen......

http://ucasports.com/

THANKY PRIDE....AH'M IN..................BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2007, 07:34 PM
45 YARDER...BY DUH 'CATS.......NO GOOD!

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2007, 07:35 PM
DUH BEARS ARE MOVIN' DUH PIGGY!

BEARS STARTED ON DERE OWN 28....AN' WHIFF UH COUPLE O' PLAYS....DOWN TA STATE'S 17.......GO BEARS!

MR. CHICKEN
October 11th, 2007, 07:37 PM
UCA SCORES!........14-7!

patssle
October 11th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Theres already a game thread ;)

ThreadStopper
October 11th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Not sure why, but I got the game here in California!

UCA looked great! It would sure be nice to play them soon.

blackfordpu
October 11th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Score update?

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Score update?

UCA goes up 63-14, pulls off the dogs by letting some freshmen and sophomore play...San Marcos scores a TD, final score 63-21 in the "Slaughter of San Marcos"....

JoshUCA
Score update?

Final:
UCA 63
Tx State 21

xrotatehx xrotatehx

ArrowsATC
63-21 UCA And coulda been a LOT worse.

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Our good friend BearFan101 may lose his voice this week... :)

blackfordpu
October 11th, 2007, 10:39 PM
never mind, its over.

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 11th, 2007, 10:57 PM
UCA goes up 63-14, pulls off the dogs by letting some freshmen and sophomore play...San Marcos scores a TD, final score 63-21 in the "Slaughter of San Marcos"....

hmmm, classy. hey! were you the announcer when we came to huntsville 3 yrs ago???xlolx

as far as the game goes...yeah, we suck BAD. anyone want to loan us a defensive coordinator for the rest of the season? better yet, anyone wanna sell their O-Line coach?? Hey, we got the money but we OBVIOUSLY don't know how to use it...

we look like a high school team right now...this is pathetic. Congrats UCA--you just beat quite possibly the worst SLC team in a few years. Injuries are no excuse--no one is stepping up (the coaches OR the players). xsmhx

WHERE THE HELL IS THE TEAM THAT SHOWED UP VS. CAL POLY???xconfusedx

(but yeah...UCA is pretty good tooxthumbsupx. Thanks for calling off the dogs and not scoring 100 on our junior high defense.)

BEAR
October 11th, 2007, 11:32 PM
I was at the game and after the third quarter started and Nathan threw for his 7th TD, coach pulled him to the side, gave him a hug and patted him on the back and took out his batteries...it was over. After that point is was scrubs vs scrubs and their backups. Not much to watch. Texas State's first TD was impressive and I thought our defense is going to get riddled. But the Defensive coordinator made the necessary adjustments and the run game was taken care of. Then it seemed the Bobcats went mainly to the pass and with the QB getting his bell rung even after a few good throws, that aspect of the Bobcat game was made null and void. I was happy coach actually went in the 60s for points this game. He usually slows it in the 50s...he's a class act and knows that you want to beat your opponent, not destroy the pride of young men. Enjoyed the game and can't wait for next week! Go Bears! xthumbsupx xlolx

Bear Fan 101
October 12th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Our good friend BearFan101 may lose his voice this week... :)

Didnt lose my voice, by midway through the 2nd quarter I had even quit yelling on the sidelines! ha ha xlolx

Another good postgame show last night/early early this morning! I really wished you would have called in last week, we were looking forward to having you on.

Bears off to Hammond next Saturday night, another big one in the SLC!