PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Projections

HofstraFB
October 10th, 2007, 11:04 AM
I read this on CAAzone. Two guys from SME did a mock playoff bracket each. BRACKETS (http://www.smebroadcasting.com/fcsbrackets.html)

On the bottom bracket Ralph has 6 CAA teams making the playoffs and not one of them is the undefeated Pride. They are ranked #10 and have not lost a game. How can he not put them in? The bracket on top Ray has 4 in which is about right, however he actually thought about San Diego.

Oh, and I don't think the rule about not seeding teams. Due to this Wofford would be on the road while App is at home. How can this be?

th0m
October 10th, 2007, 11:36 AM
6 CAA? Please. I mean I'm a CAA fan and all, but teams will beat up on each other (like Towson beating Richmond) to not get to 6, not to mention other teams more worthy. I'd DEFINITELY put Hofstra in over Villanova, especially now with their QB out. Don't know if they're better than Richmond, Delaware or JMU, and we'll find out soon enough if they're better than UNH or UMass.

andy7171
October 10th, 2007, 11:53 AM
This weekend will go a long way in proving Hofstra's mettle.
This must be a week old, Richmond was exposed and Villanova lost their QB.

ChickenMan
October 10th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Remaining schedules for the top CAA contenders..

UNH:

Iona
@ Hofstra
URI
N'eastern
@ UMass
Maine

UMass:

Villanova
N'eastern
@ W&M
@ URI
UNH
@ Hofstra

Hofstra:

@ Towson
UNH
@ Villanova
W&M
@ N'eastern
UMass

JMU:

@ URI
Richmond
@ Delaware
@ W&M
Towson

Delaware:

N'eastern
@ Navy
JMU
Richmond
@ Villanova

Richmond:

Stony Brook
URI
@ JMU
Villanova
@ Delaware
W&M

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 10th, 2007, 12:04 PM
Remaining schedules for the top CAA contenders..

UNH:

Iona
@ Hofstra
URI
N'eastern
@ UMass
Maine

UMass:

Villanova
N'eastern
@ W&M
@ URI
UNH
@ Hofstra

Hofstra:

@ Towson
UNH
@ Villanova
W&M
@ N'eastern
UMass

JMU:

@ URI
Richmond
@ Delaware
@ W&M
Towson

Delaware:

N'eastern
@ Navy
JMU
Richmond
@ Villanova

Richmond:

Stony Brook
URI
@ JMU
Villanova
@ Delaware
W&M

No Villanova? Your Delaware's showing!

ChickenMan
October 10th, 2007, 12:08 PM
No Villanova? Your Delaware's showing!

No Villanova.. I said TOP contenders.

PS.. Nova still has @UMass, Hofstra, @Richmond, @Towson, Delaware and apparently now... a true Fr at QB.... xthumbsdownx

henfan
October 10th, 2007, 12:15 PM
One problem with this. If Delaware makes the Sweet 16 (and assuming they aren't a Top 4 seed), they absolutely will not be going on the road in the first round. There are few at-large teams who could afford to outbid UD for a first round game.

In the scenario presented, there would just be too much temptation to not send Del State to Newark in Round 1. That is one game that could potentially sell out on Thanksgiving Day weekend, which translates into more revenue for the NCAA (especially considering that this would be a bus trip for DSU and would not necessarily require local lodging, overnight travel, etc.) However, I'm still not sold on either team making the playoffs at this point.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 10th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Here's my scenario as of today's results (obviously, much can and will change):

1. UNI
Hofstra/UNH (not sure which one)

Delaware
Del St.

4. SIU
EKU

JMU
Wofford

3. UMass
Laffayette

App St.
UR

McNeese St.
Montana St.

2. Montana
Youngstown St. (I think this is simply the revenge factor kicking in for me :) )

NE MT GRIZZ
October 10th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Here's my scenario as of today's results (obviously, much can and will change):

3. UMass
Laffayette

App St.
UR

McNeese St.
Montana St.

2. Montana
Youngstown St. (I think this is simply the revenge factor kicking in for

e :) )

All four of last years semi-finalists in the bottom draw, that's harsh
:D

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 10th, 2007, 12:34 PM
HA! I didn't notice that! Very subliminal of me... xlolx :p

FargoBison
October 10th, 2007, 12:45 PM
I.UNI vs Hofstra

JMU vs Lafayette

SIU vs UD

4.Montana vs EKU

2.UMASS vs Del State

Wofford vs YSU

App St vs UNH

3.McNeese vs Montana State

Last teams out...Nicholls St,WIU, and Cal Poly

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 10th, 2007, 12:54 PM
No Villanova.. I said TOP contenders.

PS.. Nova still has @UMass, Hofstra, @Richmond, @Towson, Delaware and apparently now... a true Fr at QB.... xthumbsdownx

I thought you may have been surpressing any knowledge of their existance.:D

TexasTerror
October 10th, 2007, 01:37 PM
You guys continue to neglect Nicholls State...

They will be 9-2 with losses to Nevada and McNeese State and wins over Rice (FBS) and the rest of the SLC to go along with two sub-Div I wins. I do not think a berth can be taken away from them with such a record...

FargoBison
October 10th, 2007, 01:42 PM

They will be 9-2 with losses to Nevada and McNeese State and wins over Rice (FBS) and the rest of the SLC to go along with two sub-Div I wins. I do not think a berth can be taken away from them with such a record...

If they go 9-2 they'll be looking good but right now they are on the outside looking in.

Saluki_man
October 10th, 2007, 01:54 PM
The one problem I have with the two original projections is that if SIU wins the Gateway auto instead of UNI, SIU will probably be seeded. And the only two ways that can happen is SIU winning this weekend at the Dome or UNI looses two other conference games. If the latter happens UNI most likely will not be seeded.

nwFL Griz
October 10th, 2007, 02:23 PM
If the season were to end today, as these predictions say, no way Griz are anything other than the #1 or #2 seed....not saying that's right, but that's reality.

McNeese_beat
October 10th, 2007, 03:11 PM

It'll be tough for them to go 6-1 in conference without upsetting McNeese. If McNeese beats them, then they have to go unbeaten on the road in conference. So I think they will be in peril if they don't upset McNeese.

I am hoping for two SLC bids though. But right now, I'm not sure that the three best teams aren't McNeese-Nicholls-UCA. And UCA can't go to the playoffs.

Maroons
October 10th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Anyone foresee a scenario whereby EKU might host a home game in the playoffs?

89Hen
October 10th, 2007, 03:35 PM
One problem with this. If Delaware makes the Sweet 16 (and assuming they aren't a Top 4 seed), they absolutely will not be going on the road in the first round. There are few at-large teams who could afford to outbid UD for a first round game.
Agreed. Putting them at AppSt shows a lot of ignorance of the way the NCAA does the pairings these days.

BTW, can't believe NEITHER had DelSt at UD.

mcveyrl
October 10th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Agreed. Putting them at AppSt shows a lot of ignorance of the way the NCAA does the pairings these days.

BTW, can't believe NEITHER had DelSt at UD.

Neither had UD at home either which blows my mind. xrotatehx xrotatehx

What else is puzzling is that BOTH have DelSt coming to JMU.

The bottom bracket has YSU travelling to 'Nova!! Wha???!!!xrotatehx xrotatehx

skinny_uncle
October 10th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Well........
Ralph put all three Gateway teams in the same bracket. Surely they would not do that.
xeyebrowx

McTailGator
October 10th, 2007, 04:59 PM
If they go 9-2 they'll be looking good but right now they are on the outside looking in.

They WILL go 9-2.

McNeese is really the only SLC team that has figured out how to stop the Triple Option. Nich will blow thru the rest of the conference, with only one bump in the road of course. At McNeese. xsmiley_wix

McNeese gets a 3 seed, when all is said and done,

And Nichols will go deep into the playoffs given their defense. An

ChickenMan
October 10th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I thought you may have been surpressing any knowledge of their existance.:D

No need to.. the college football fans in the Philly area supply plenty of that... :p

FCS Preview
October 10th, 2007, 06:19 PM
This group also has San Diego as the #19 team in the country.

This week's edition of the Preview has a discussion about why San Diego should not be on anyone's Top 25 list right now.

AlphaSigMD
October 10th, 2007, 07:17 PM
There is a lot of time left to play...

Are these supposed to be today or when all is said and done?

I think that its fairly short sighted to not have a Socon team as a seed when all is said and done. ASU or Wofford certainly have great shots at having a seed. GSU, The Citadel and even Elon all have chances of getting into the playoffs as well. Not likely, but just as good a shot as richmond or montana state. Certainly three 8-3+ teams from the SoCon get in before 5 from the Colonial.

WoCoTerrier
October 10th, 2007, 07:29 PM
It says they are brackets for if the season ended today, but I agree, 6 teams from one conference is a little crazy.

GeauxColonels
October 10th, 2007, 07:40 PM
They WILL go 9-2.

McNeese is really the only SLC team that has figured out how to stop the Triple Option. Nich will blow thru the rest of the conference, with only one bump in the road of course. At McNeese. xsmiley_wix

McNeese gets a 3 seed, when all is said and done,

And Nichols will go deep into the playoffs given their defense. An
They play in Thibodaux against McNeese. But I agree...that will be a ridiculously tough game. I would LOVE to see 9-2, but we can't start thinking like that. Right now, we need to focus on getting a "W" in Nacogdoches. The Colonels have lost 2 in a row to the Lumberjacks and haven't won THERE since 1986 - that's right - over 20 years since the Colonels went to SFA and came out victorious. In fact, Nicholls State is 4-17 against SFA since 1986 (and that INCLUDES the 1986 win).

They were the only SLC team to defeat Nicholls State in 2005 when the Colonels won SLC co-champs with Texas State. Needless to say, our luck has been pretty bad against the Lumberjacks.

appstate38
October 10th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Well to hear these guys, it seems like the CAA has the teams to beat. I mean 6 teams... Wow, the other 10 must be there purely for their entertainment. Glad to know some people with a little more experience have the job of selecting the teams and seedings for the playoffs. Besides, out of those teams that are "seeded", somebody will stub their toes and drop for that position. But I guess that is why we are all fans.

Saluki_man
October 11th, 2007, 11:00 AM
If the season were to end today, as these predictions say, no way Griz are anything other than the #1 or #2 seed....not saying that's right, but that's reality.

As of today, there are five teams that I see that will get a seed before Montana does. Those teams are UNI, Umass, McNeese, SIU, and Wofford. I am not really sure that I can put Appy below Montana because of the Michigan win. Although Montana is unbeaten, these teams right now have a better profile this season.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 11th, 2007, 11:14 AM
As of today, there are five teams that I see that will get a seed before Montana does. Those teams are UNI, Umass, McNeese, SIU, and Wofford. I am not really sure that I can put Appy below Montana because of the Michigan win. Although Montana is unbeaten, these teams right now have a better profile this season.

While I want to agree with you, I think the selection committee favors history and $$$ way to high. As a result, Montana is most likely a #1 or #2 seed today. I don't agree with it, but it's the reality until proven otherwise.

Yes, 6 CAA teams is nuts. I love the CAA and the conference is having a great year. Hard to not see 4 teams in at this point, but teams will beat each other up in time. UMass and Hofstra have the most favorable schedules. UNH's is brutal (already lost 2 to UR and JMU), as is Towson's and Villanova. Nova is out with the QB being out, and I figured they'd have about a .500 season or so anyway. Towson is one loss away with a season finale at JMU that I give them virtually no shot at winning unless Shaefer has the game of his life. JMU still has to play at Delaware - we never win there - and has Richmond at home. Just too many game against each other yet.

The reason for six probably stems from the scheduling - UMass does not play UD, UR, or JMU, the strongest teams in the CAA South.

Anyway, Nichols St. is my first team out as of today, but I almost expect them to make the field when all is said and done. xpeacex

Black and Gold Express
October 11th, 2007, 11:22 AM
This is why playoff predicitions with half the season to go are just plain ridiculous. Way too much football left to play. It could all be different as soon as three days from now!

Saluki_man
October 11th, 2007, 11:22 AM
While I want to agree with you, I think the selection committee favors history and $$$ way to high. As a result, Montana is most likely a #1 or #2 seed today. I don't agree with it, but it's the reality until proven otherwise.

Montan will still get its home game, but I thought I read last year that the seeds were highly determined on profile, not $$$ and history. I could be wrong on that fact.

appfan2008
October 11th, 2007, 11:38 AM
If app finishes 9-2 or better... which they will... they will get a seed and probably a top 2...

this is due to the crowds that they can draw... also 2 years ago app was a 2 seed at 8-3 so i am sure another 9-2 type year will get a seed...

one loss on the road against a top 10 team does not and should not put the two time defending champs out of the running for a seed...

FanOfAllThatIsJMU
October 11th, 2007, 11:42 AM
if JMU and UMass win out (both doing so is highly unlikely; you could even substitute UD[though they still have to play at Navy] for JMU) who would get the auto bid? The first tiebreaker is head-to-head, they don't play each other. If they do records against common opponents, it would be the same. What would the tiebreaker be then?

Also if that happened, both would get seeds no doubt.

mcveyrl
October 11th, 2007, 11:46 AM
if JMU and UMass win out (both doing so is highly unlikely; you could even substitute UD[though they still have to play at Navy] for JMU) who would get the auto bid? The first tiebreaker is head-to-head, they don't play each other. If they do records against common opponents, it would be the same. What would the tiebreaker be then?

Also if that happened, both would get seeds no doubt.

I think there's a points system based on OOC schedule, but I don't know it off the top of my head.

WrenFGun
October 11th, 2007, 11:55 AM
The CAA is really quite a Wild Card. The only two teams I see as sure things are UMass and JMU. They are clearly the class of the league. If Hofstra beats UNH, I have a hard time thinking Hofstra will not make it (and thus, I don't think UNH will)...I think Delaware is up in the air, too..loss to UNH, still have to play Navy, JMU and Richmond. If it came down to a tiebreak, UNH would probably get in over UD. Meanwhile, if Hofstra loses to UNH and UMass, I don't know if the committee would choose them..they would have beaten no one of consequence. It's very wide open..

The way I look at it, from the CAA. UMass and JMU are locks, UNH, UD and Hofstra are fighting for 2 spots, maybe even 1, depending on how it shakes out.

Saint3333
October 11th, 2007, 11:57 AM
If app finishes 9-2 or better... which they will... they will get a seed and probably a top 2...

this is due to the crowds that they can draw... also 2 years ago app was a 2 seed at 8-3 so i am sure another 9-2 type year will get a seed...

one loss on the road against a top 10 team does not and should not put the two time defending champs out of the running for a seed...

I disagree. A 9-2 ASU team could only get a seed if there were a lack of quality 1 loss teams. A 10-1 ASU team gets a seed, a 9-2 ASU team gets one home playoff game.

mcveyrl
October 11th, 2007, 12:02 PM
The CAA is really quite a Wild Card. The only two teams I see as sure things are UMass and JMU. They are clearly the class of the league. If Hofstra beats UNH, I have a hard time thinking Hofstra will not make it (and thus, I don't think UNH will)...I think Delaware is up in the air, too..loss to UNH, still have to play Navy, JMU and Richmond. If it came down to a tiebreak, UNH would probably get in over UD. Meanwhile, if Hofstra loses to UNH and UMass, I don't know if the committee would choose them..they would have beaten no one of consequence. It's very wide open..

The way I look at it, from the CAA. UMass and JMU are locks, UNH, UD and Hofstra are fighting for 2 spots, maybe even 1, depending on how it shakes out.

Don't forget Richmond. IF (and it's a big one) they beat UD and JMU, they're still in the hunt.

texcap
October 11th, 2007, 12:07 PM
I disagree. A 9-2 ASU team could only get a seed if there were a lack of quality 1 loss teams. A 10-1 ASU team gets a seed, a 9-2 ASU team gets one home playoff game.

I totally agree with your post.

Too many people point to 2005 and say an 8-3 ASU team got the #2 seed so a 9-2 would also get a seed. People need to remember that that 8-3 2005 team had only one FCS loss (that was decided in the last 30 seconds to another playoff team), and two somewhat respectable FBS losses (the LSU loss was respectable, the Kansas loss was also to a bowl team, but a much bigger loss). A 9-2 2007 ASU team would have 2 FCS losses. I think that this means no seed.

GannonFan
October 11th, 2007, 12:08 PM

Agreed, it's 4 spots max, and if weird things happen elsewhere it would only be 3 (I think 4's more likely right now though). Head to head will matter greatly, and an 8-3 UD team could very well be on the short end of the stick with that regards losing to UNH and potentially a JMU or Richmond - since those are 3 of the teams they could be fighting for a playoff spot with the head to head losses would doom them.

I think UMass is a lock right now, but after that I think everyone is up in the air. UNH has 2 conference losses, UD and Richmond just the 1 conference loss, and JMU and Hofstra have none. Throw Towson in the mix since they're not out of it yet either (2 conference losses). UNH still has UMass and Hofstra left, Hofstra has UNH and UMass, JMU has UD, Richmond, and Towson left, Richmond has UD and JMU left, and UD has JMU and Richmond left. Still a lot of good games left to be played to say anyone is in yet.

URMite
October 11th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Don't forget Richmond. IF (and it's a big one) they beat UD and JMU, they're still in the hunt.

If we go 9-2 with wins @UD & @JMU, I'd certainly hope we are in. If we only win one of those and go 8-3, do we get left out? Is there likely to be an 8-3 team from BSC/SoCon/Gateway/CAA that gets left out?

GannonFan
October 11th, 2007, 12:50 PM
If we go 9-2 with wins @UD & @JMU, I'd certainly hope we are in. If we only win one of those and go 8-3, do we get left out? Is there likely to be an 8-3 team from BSC/SoCon/Gateway/CAA that gets left out?

9-2 gets anyone from the CAA in. 8-3, and yes, a CAA team could be left out, depending on what else happens in the CAA and what happens nationally.

mcveyrl
October 11th, 2007, 01:02 PM
9-2 gets anyone from the CAA in. 8-3, and yes, a CAA team could be left out, depending on what else happens in the CAA and what happens nationally.

I think we'd be out at 8-3. Best case 8-3 is we lose to UD and Richmond, that means we lost 2 of our last 4, not good.

GannonFan
October 11th, 2007, 01:04 PM
I think we'd be out at 8-3. Best case 8-3 is we lose to UD and Richmond, that means we lost 2 of our last 4, not good.

And you would've lost to 2 teams who might be 8-3 with you and beat you head to head. You just can't lose to teams you are fighting for playoff spots with. Like I said, too many good games left to play to tell anything definitively yet.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 11th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Montan will still get its home game, but I thought I read last year that the seeds were highly determined on profile, not $$$ and history. I could be wrong on that fact.

No, you are right. Hampton as a seed is case in point. However, with the looks of it, many teams will have 8-3, 9-2 records, and maybe some undefeated teams even when it is all said and done. Montana's profile is a top 4 team, holding the #1 spot in many polls. Sadly, this adds to their profile and they will be considered worthy of a top seed unless they falter somewhere along the way. Additionally, the capacity, fans, and reputation of the Griz puts them over the top.

They may be undefeated before it's all over, but in many of our minds not be the best team in the country. Thank God we have the playoffs!!! xthumbsupx

mcveyrl
October 11th, 2007, 01:19 PM
And you would've lost to 2 teams who might be 8-3 with you and beat you head to head. You just can't lose to teams you are fighting for playoff spots with. Like I said, too many good games left to play to tell anything definitively yet.

I'm with you there. I had thought that our worst case would be 8-3 with losses to URI and W&M, BUT that would mean wins over UD and UR, which might be helpful come selection time.

All I know is that if we win out we'll be in.

appstate38
October 11th, 2007, 01:52 PM
Although I would love to see the Apps play as many home games throughout the playoffs as possible. The reality that they would have to travel the deeper they get in the playoffs shouldn't be a scary thing. Need to be able to win in a hostile environment, which all of the teams who would get there would be more than willing to provide.

ab4app
October 11th, 2007, 02:34 PM
I think we have proved we can play in a hostile environment (Michigan) among others. There is lots of football left to be played. GSU is gonna be tough, they always are. However I do think we are moving in the right direction with our defense and hopefully that will be evident within the next game or two. Home or away in the playoffs I think we are still a force to be reckoned with, lets just get through the SOCON alive.

FCS Go!
October 11th, 2007, 02:57 PM
From the talk on this thread one would think that App St is a struggling, up and coming program that might have a shot at the playoffs. xeyebrowx

Come on! App St is still the team to beat. What team would rather play in Boone in December than @ Wofford? And don't say App St- I know that.;)

FCS Go!
October 11th, 2007, 03:00 PM
SeaWolves fan: I'd say Cal Poly. San Diego would need an autobid to get in.

GannonFan
October 11th, 2007, 03:04 PM
One thing I noticed was that in the last two years a team from a non-autobid conference received an at large. Which team would have a better chance this year? Does San Diego have the best chance? Or can Cal Poly make a late run if they beat NDSU?

Cal Poly would get in with a win against NDSU (and not lose to anyone else). If they go 8-3 with a win over NDSU they could be in good shape (the NDSU win would count heavily). But they may struggle to get in at 8-3 with only one additional loss (to NDSU). They're probably the only real non-auto bid conference possibility to get in this year. San Diego doesn't have the schedule again to get in, unless UC Davis turns around and runs the table until they meet the Torreos. Then maybe.

UDBlueLotFan
October 11th, 2007, 03:17 PM
SeaWolvesFan, Ralph IS crazy!! The #7 CAA is better than the #1, not #2, Big Sky team:D sorry, this isn't the smack columnxsmiley_wix

lizrdgizrd
October 11th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Nova is out with the QB being out, and I figured they'd have about a .500 season or so anyway.
Antwon Young is out? xconfusedx

Ronin
October 11th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Choosing whom will be in the playoffs is always a bit tricky, but the top 4 IMHO are:

UNI
SIU
App. St.
Mass.

Sorry NDSU, but you're not eligible this year, otherwise you would be in the top 4 on my list.

ab4app
October 11th, 2007, 04:12 PM
From the talk on this thread one would think that App St is a struggling, up and coming program that might have a shot at the playoffs. xeyebrowx

Come on! App St is still the team to beat. What team would rather play in Boone in December than @ Wofford? And don't say App St- I know that.;)

I just wanted to hear someone say that haha , thanks.

Go...gate
October 11th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Though Colgate has had their share of difficulty, I still believe they have a chance to win the PL and crash the party. They next two games (@ Cornell, vs. Towson), though non-conference, will provide a good gauge of where they are.

terrierbob
October 11th, 2007, 10:44 PM

Exactly. I'd rather play Boone in Wofford.

ASUdrummer
October 11th, 2007, 10:48 PM
I believe FCS Go! is saying people would much rather play on the road at Wofford than at AppState. So I'm not sure what you mean by playing Boone unless you just misunderstood that.

RadMann
October 12th, 2007, 05:35 AM
It's too early....

Walkon79
October 12th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Choosing whom will be in the playoffs is always a bit tricky, but the top 4 IMHO are:

UNI
SIU
App. St.
Mass.

Sorry NDSU, but you're not eligible this year, otherwise you would be in the top 4 on my list.

Any discussion of a top 4 right now needs to include and unbeaten Montana. (Can't believe I just wrote that!!)

HensRock
October 12th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Any discussion of a top 4 right now needs to include and unbeaten Montana. (Can't believe I just wrote that!!)

No, it doesn't.

CopperCat
October 12th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Funny to see these brackets when teams aren't even halfway through the season yet. Even funnier to watch what people say about teams that are on there.

Is it Saturday yet?

BDKJMU
October 12th, 2007, 09:01 PM

UNLESS UD was a non seeded playoff team and the only geographically (within 450 miles limit for bus trips) non conference playoff team team for one of the seeded teams. In other words, if you're sent to play one of the seeded teams 1st round, the bid doesn't come into play.

....but with any of the top 10 GPI teams still in the running for a seed I can't see this happening, so never mind.

BDKJMU
October 12th, 2007, 09:06 PM

Sorry my friend, this year will likely take 10-1 for a seed. No way for example, if ASU drops another game and Wofford wins out, would ASU get a seed over Wofford, who would be several spots higher in the GPI.

But I see ASU winning out and getting between the 1-3 seed at 10-1.

BDKJMU
October 12th, 2007, 09:54 PM

An 8-3 CAA not making it would likely only be if there were 5 CAA teams 8-3 or better. In that case the only CAA teams that possibly wouldn't make it at 8-3 would be Hofstra, since they have no I-A on their schedule, or UD, with a DII. But its all a moot point, because the notion that there will be more than four 8-3 or better CAA teams AIN'T HAPPENING. I'm willing to bet anyone (straight up bet for any amount of $) that there won't be more than 4 CAA teams with 8 or more wins. After all, when has there been. Heck, its usually either 2 or 3.

I remember in 05' it looked like 1/2 way+ through there would be 4. Then JMU (5-1 before finishing 7-4), UMass (6-1 before finishing 7-4), and W&M (5-2 then lost 4 straight) all choked and only UNH and UR (who didn't look like it midway but won their last 7) made it. By the end of this season 2 of the current "Big 6" CAA will have 4 or more losses. Mark my words.

Bottom line. 8-3 CAA you're in.

already123
October 13th, 2007, 01:34 AM
6 CAA teams....wow! thats lofty....

BDKJMU
October 13th, 2007, 01:43 AM

Yeah, its "lofty" because anyone who thinks that is "high" on something.

skinny_uncle
October 13th, 2007, 09:02 AM
No league has ever put more than four teams in the playoffs. Of course, there are no other leagues with as many teams to start with as the CAA.